The Consequences of Association

[quote=“Brutus, post:20, topic:792”]James, can you expound on your statement about Azazel being friendly towards you? i.e. how is he perceived as being friendly?

I have never personally worked with Azazel and am trying to get more of an idea about him outside of what is written. No one seems to go into this kind of detail.

Thanks.[/quote]

I would like to know this also. He has visited me in a couple dreams and seemed really cool, like one of the nicest upbeat guys I have ever met lol, and was more than happy to help me In what I was doing in my dream. But I have heard a fucked up story from a experienced member of some of his doings so… who knows, maybe he likes some and despises others. Also James could you give an example of a bad experience while evoking a demon.

oh okay no prob.

first, don’t be an asshole to him. just because he’s generally good natured, that doesn’t mean he’ll take shit :slight_smile:

i’m a capricorn, and azazel is the intelligence of saturn (the ruling planet of capricorn). interestingly (and this is a side note), the sigil for saturn looks like a lower-case “h” with a cross like a “t”. you’ve probably all seen it. personally, i call it the “5HT” sigil because it looks like a 5, or an h, with a t. the chemical “5HT” is also known as serotonin which is the primary neurochemical involved in depression, and saturn is the planet of melancholy, depression etc. being prone to depression myself, i can appreciate the vague, coincidental association.

anyway…

azazel is, first and foremost, a daemon. there are no two ways around that (despite the mythos of his being a fallen angel or “watcher” etc, we’ll just accept that he’s a daemon, now). being a daemon, he has a relatively low vibrational frequency and being connected to saturn, effects change on the material place considerably easier (and quicker) than, say, an air or fire daemon like those associated with the sun or with libra (some of the goetic kings, for example, are fiery so they are more volatile (and therefore “powerful” in their influence) but also less direct in their work). being earthy (i.e, material, physical, saturnian), azazel is less volatile, more “down to earth”, tangible, less hasty, more considered etc.

he also has a good sense of humour. it’s a little sardonic, but if you know any capricorns, you would be familiar with how dry their sense of humour can be at times, and how quickly, yet practically they tend to think. unlike fire signs, they rarely ever come up with brilliant, new ideas, but given enough time and planning, they will develop a water-tight solution to just about any problem, no matter how complex. the key here is time. it usually takes a good long while, but where other signs would get bored and move on, the capricorn simply must finish the task as a matter of pride. that’s the saturnian influence coming into play as an immovable object (as opposed to an unrelenting force like the fire signs).

when evoked, azazel will often appear much like any other daemon, except perhaps a little more introverted, quiet or simply aloof. some take this as coldness, callousness or “evil”. if you’ve ever known a capricorn, you’ll be able to relate to how callous and brutal they can be on the one hand, yet how incredibly deeply they think and feel. not that they’ll ever show it, though. in a room full of strangers, they won’t make friends, preferring instead to just observe everyone and figure out who’s not worth their time. to the rest of the people there, they appear to be bona-fide assholes.

that’s what’s going on with azazel, i believe. he expects a great deal of those who work with him, but if those expectations are met, he will serve as an immovable object in the life and directions of the magician. no matter how long it takes or what is required, he will, by his saturnian nature, eventually find a way of achieving his assigned task. reading up on capricorn astrology is probably a good idea for some background info.

to put it bluntly (and grossly oversimplified), if you take the most altruistic qualities of a capricorn and magnify them, you have a missionary who will never stop giving to those in need. if you take the most selfish qualities and magnify them, you have a serial killer who will never get caught.

azazel is not a mindless daemonic force who leeches off the magician for scraps of energy or minor opportunities to work their own will. rather, he is quite selective about where and how he spends his time (in so far as time is understood to exist for daemons, i mean).

if you strip away the daemonic vibration he (and all other daemons) give off, azazel is much like any other capricorn who has lived long and hard enough to have a good understanding of themselves and the world around them. needless to say, azazel probably has more than the rest of us, but you’d be surprised at how closely his energy resembles that of capricorns in general.

to answer your question directly… he seems friendly to me in the sense that his energy is familiar, and i understand it as i see a great deal of it within myself. his speech and manner are subtle and “cold”, but another word for it is “efficient”, and i can relate. evoking azazel is like going to your own personal happy place, except it’s devoid of life, filled with some kind of sticky, black shit and smells like graveyards LOL. in any case, it’s still your happy place, unless you’re bothered by that sort of thing.

why not evoke him and say hello?

as another aside, the angel cassiel rules over saturday (the say of saturn… duh) and if you evoke him, you’ll see what i mean about the capricorn thing. he comes across clearly angelic, but seemingly almost depressed! either way, if you evoke both him and azazel, you’ll be able to feel the magnetic melancholy of saturn present in their energy signatures.

kind regards, james.

2 Likes

please share this fucked up story if you can, jakob. i’ve not heard anything negative about azazel outside of tradition (i.e, the christian bible) and modern hearsay by frightened, religious paranormal researchers.

kind regards, james.

Great post James, Where in the hell do you get all this info? what books do you have? I’m a fire sign very inpatient and feisty lol. I seem to be drawn to Azazel and Astaroth (spelling) I am going to have to evoke them and maybe find out why. Thanks for the info.

[quote=“tiberius_james, post:23, topic:792”]please share this fucked up story if you can, jakob. i’ve not heard anything negative about azazel outside of tradition (i.e, the christian bible) and modern hearsay by frightened, religious paranormal researchers.

kind regards, james.[/quote]

I’m not sure if the dude (who is on this forum) would be happy if I did. Maybe he would not care at all and maybe if he reads this he will chime in and let you know. Sorry James, it was more mischievous that evil so to speak, if you know what I mean.

yeah no problem. i know all about keeping secrets:)

errr i dunno where i got the info from. just life, i guess. i collect grimoires for fun (like the Sourceworks of Ceremonial Magic series, which has really cool binding). most are just commercial, and a few are the small-run books but nothing vintage or antique. i just have an assload of books.

probably the best place to start would be the tarot. eliphas levi has a book called the Ritual of the Sanctum Regnum. that one, along with crowley’s Book of Thoth, and lon milo duquette’s Understanding Aleister Crowley’s Thoth Tarot (LOL!) are great places to start.

in short, the tarot encompasses the archetype of everything that could ever exist in the universe. seriously, ever. at the basic level, everyone knows the four suits which represent the elements (cups = water for example). however, the court cards (page, knight, queen, king, if you use the rider-waite system) of each suit represent a type of element within an element. queens are watery, so the queen of wands is water in fire. my god, how those kinds of people annoy me.

on top of that, each of the planets is included in the major arcana, along with the zodiac etc. the Death card represents scorpio, pluto and mars (scorpio has two planets) and tends to express the theme of transformation (so it’s alchemical), through “death” by means of sexuality. think “la petite morte” in french and you’ll see the connection between sex and death. have you ever known any scorpio females? jesus, don’t get me started on those ones. suffice it to say that sex is a preoccupation.

the World card represents saturn, and the Devil card is capricorn as the cardinal earth sign. the Devil card is the most complicated in the deck, though, and is the gateway through which we pass in order to ascend. it’s voluntary slavery which brings about freedom (a delightful paradox).

anyway, i could go on for ages. the point is, the more you learn about the tarot (and you can never, ever learn all there is), the more easily you’ll see the threads which weave around the practise of magic. it’s not that you’ll necessarily use a tarot deck in ritual (aside for divination), but try and think of it like a magical textbook. as with hard science, even if we never set up a laboratory and start making new metals or medications, it’s useful to know about chemistry so that we can apply it in our daily lives. like, “oh, the car won’t start because the carburetor’s flooded and the gas won’t ignite because there’s not enough oxygen, and gas needs oxygen to burn”. or “if i put antifreeze in the car, it won’t freeze in the winter because it lowers the freezing temperature of the liquid in the radiator below 30 degrees fahrenheit, 0 degrees celsius”.

it’s about being well-rounded as a magician, and once you start really studying tarot, you’ll see there’s a great deal of philosophy as well as pseudosciences like alchemy etc. the rosacrucians are also a good bunch to read, and the symbolism of the rosy cross. i’m sure there’s a heap you could learn from qabalah (however the hell you spell it these days), but as i’ve very little interest in traditional hebrew numerology, i don’t have any experience with that (yet). donald tyson’s Portable Magic is an excellent bridge between ceremonial magic and the tarot. in fact, he shows you how to evoke using only a tarot deck. it’s actually a really, really cool book and it goes into a good amount of depth as to the symbolism of ceremonial constructs like the circle and the triangle.

did you know that the triangle, having three points, represents the three non-earth elements? that is, air, fire and water. i can’t recall why (and i’m not looking it up at 3am just for you), but tyson explains really well why earth isn’t included in the triangle construct.

like i said, i could go on for ever:)

if you choose to study the tarot, you’ll need to read up on both the Thoth system and the Rider-Waite (RWS) system. they’re very different but both invaluable. start with the RWS and work up to Thoth. after you’re pretty familiar with the tarot system/symbolism, you can easily see how the rest of your magical practise just falls into place within this framework. everything has a place, and anything you don’t know enough about becomes obvious (but once you know what you don’t know, you know precisely what you need to find out:)

kind regards, james.

Lots of great info James, I have the book of thoth I just started reading it. I will look into the others, thanks a lot. 3 a.m. lol We must be on opposite sides of the earth lol.

@Jakob420:
Sorry it took so long to repy to your questions, been working a ton of overtime. The strage occurances in my home was nothing major, my kids and fiancee would get wierd vibes and occasionally see mild spirit forms here and there, and my son was having dreams about random entities (I work primarily with demonic currents). Even after I built an temple out side this still went on to some extent. I was listening to an interview from E.A. a while back where he talks about the fact that when you perform magick on a regular basis your ‘being’ will start to glow brighter than the rest of the people arould in the world (or local area), and that random entities will be more drawn to you; as a moth to a flame, it’s going to hover around the closest light it can find. It wasn’t the entities I was evoking causing this, though doing evocation in the house seemed to magnify it by leaving the hosue full of this energy, but just wandering spirits of sorts. Though performing evocation in the house will cause the ‘wierd vibes’ feeling for those not used to it due to the energy raised in the area, hence making a temple away from the house. And now I don’t have to cleans the temple because it is only for me and by not banishing the energy, everything seems to flow much better and faster. Though I still cleanse the house from whatever may attracted to the energy coming from me.

As for putting up a barrier, you need to feel really comfortable with invoking omnipotence as explained in Evoking Eternity (though various people and groups do the same type of thing under different names); then once you get the energy built up you direct it and form it into a barrier around your space, all around it, completely separate it until you can feel it. Doing this for all four sides, celling and floor; just do each side at a time to help with focus, but make sure you can see them connecting and weaving together to form a full, impenetrable fortress so to speak.

Or to cleans, you build the energy up and let it come out of you as a wave in all directions until it covers the whole area (or whole house); I’ve seen various techniques for this, the best name I’ve heard is ‘Astral Bomb’, because that’s kinda what it feels like. I prefer this method to the LBRP any day. But sometimes I will do a modified version of the LBRP just because I’ve done it for so long, but more of a grounding exercise than anything.

Hope this helps.

No problem man, I too have been busting ass at work lol. I have no weird vibes in my home however I have not evoked just sigil magic and scrying, meditation. However while at my mothers yesterday I received the boa in the mail and read about 50 pages and then sat off the couch to scry into her huge fireplace and right when I was getting into theta I heard and felt (I was sitting on the floor leaning on the couch) two loud and hard knocks on the wrap around couch, I mean loud and it felt like it moved the couch a inch, real strange, also when reading the book I saw a figure out of the corner of my eye not once but about 4 times.

draks, i would like to hear more about this vibrator:P

-james.

Not much to say really. I have a somewhat libertine existence and various accoutrements scatter the house. It makes it hell when I have to do the quick “spot check” before family visits. :slight_smile:

Actually this has been on my mind a little. One of E.A.'s posts a few days ago mentions how like attracts like and which spirits are drawn to you. It made me think about the spirit I ended up contacting and in comparison to my lifestyle it makes sense to me.

She was sexually explicit. I was trying to ask general questions and she just wanted my body. LOL. I didn’t get any dark or malevolent intentions from her though. I’ve never had that happen before. But what the hell, right? I’m not one to turn down a new experience. I almost felt like the tables were turned. I had mentioned money earlier in the conversation and she offered some for sexual experience.

A few days after she did come through with a little cash. That actually surprised me. I wasn’t expecting it and originally agreed just for the experience.

She was obsessed though and would try to get my attention in various ways like turning one of the vibrators on randomly. It was amusing at first and then annoying. I had made sure from the get go she knew I was married and she said it didn’t bother her. However, it was after some play time with my wife I woke up all bloody. So I had to banish her. It - the energy - didn’t feel demonic at all. Maybe some wandering spirit? It was odd.

okay, before i jump to conclusions, you must tell me… is the vibrator yours or your wife’s? i would be equally satisfied with either answer:)

and yes, i’ve had similar experiences before. i’ve almost learned how to trigger them, which is nice because it’s the best sex i’ve ever had. i mean, they get inside your head and drag out all the stuff you didn’t even know turned you on, then amplify it a heap and pump it into a lucid dream. talk about a perfect fantasy.

but i’d like to hear more about this blood, now. how much, where, fresh or dry? any wounds or an idea as to the source of it?

the energy probably didn’t feel daemonic because it was a kind of succubus or jinn. i’m not well versed in these matters, but my visitations (about a half dozen over the past two years) have never felt particularly daemonic or angelic, but rather quite earthy/watery. i’d be inclined to place the succubi in a watery sphere, assuming they were actual succibi who attended me, for this reason. in any case, it was a very intimate experience, to which i’m sure you can relate.

any more info (esp. about the blood and the vibrator) would be most appreciated:)

kind regards, james.

Well well James, you seem more interested in the vibrator than anything else. Maybe you should buy one, put it into a triangle, and get it possessed! :slight_smile: lol

Brutus, you crack me up. And bring new light to the term fetish item. :slight_smile:

James: Distinction of ownership is a hazey concept related to that kind of stuff around my house. Whomever uses something last is responsible for the cleanup (gotta have good hygene), but other than that I find it more perverse and debaucherous, which are things I certainly value, to know any said item has been used by myself, my wife, or others.

That being said, as it directly relates here, the vibrator I’m talking about is closest to my side of the bed, and when it would go off it was like a reminder that she [the spirit] desired my attention. It was like she was saying, “Go ahead. You know you want to.”

And the blood? It was from my nose. I woke up and my left hand felt sticky as I lifted it from the mattress. It had a pretty good coating of fresh blood on it, and it was evident it was from my left nostril, though I wasn’t bleeding when I found it. I did the banishing E.A. lists (which seems to work really quickly) and went back to sleep.

That reminds me, could anyone tell me the exact (correct) wording of that banishing? (Ashtu malku…) Every place I see it, I see a different spelling on some of the words, and I’m not sure which is the correct one. Regardless, it did the trick.

The next day I actually called up some watchtowers (My long ago previous history was wiccan, which is something I stopped attending long ago because I just couldn’t take all the saccarine-coated Starhawk-style dogma any more.) and purified the main house just for good measure. Everything feels nice and mellow in here and I actually kind of miss some of the darker energy now. :expressionless: What’s a person to do? I work in the temple regularly but miss the convenience of doing things whenever/where I feel like (as in, when the mood strikes when I’m in the main house). Even scrying into the darkness before bed seems to call things close. I guess I’ll figure out the balance in the long run.

Could you list the full banishing your talking about? Or do you mean the lbrp?