The Commonplace Magic Book

I am going to steal Eva’s idea here, I already keep a research journal in scrivener, that is highly organized and allows me to save whatever I like, though I don’t like to use links in it, and often just save an image. I like the organization and the fact I don’t need to have a file system on my computer for images I want to save, but I think it’s a neat idea so this is my common place journal to drop all the random occult things I think I might want to use later. Most of it will be stuff I’ve already used, and that’s why I am still hanging on to it- it worked and I liked it.

I expect to have a mixture of balg quotes, internet resources and screenshots from books and it’s going to be a mess of disorganization and things I just might want to be able to find again later.

14 Likes

Crystals I own and use and their information:

lab1

4925UWS5503733XWSD1

5 Likes

Interesting little chart I found on pinterest. I tried reverse image searching it and did locate the website it originated on, but I get spammed like crazy to install things and can’t get to the actual website. :woman_shrugging:

5 Likes

This is my go to Carromancy chart. Most of the symbols you find in wax tend to be subjective imop, other than how the candle burns- things like the trail of tears, wax flowing like waterfalls etc I find to be good, but things like shapes and what not, I really think are up to the individual to decipher.

6 Likes

Some balg quotes I’ve been hanging onto, all three originated here on Balg

I thought this one came from - Sharing spells from my personal book of shadows! But I can’t find it, so if someone remembers who shared it, please let me know! I wikid this one so I can fix it later lol

3 Likes

I use this seal of Solomon quite a bit when I have trouble evoking the spirit of a person/their higher self/their ancestors/ my higher self etc.

\

3 Likes

I keep a copy of the first image on both my phone and in my dropbox.

3 Likes

I drew this symbol in the top corners of my windows, and above my doorway when I moved into my apartment:

7 Likes

A simple binding spell:

-https://www.pinterest.com/pin/237142736615086759/

10 Likes

And this one wraps it up for today. I’ve got something like 300 pages saved in my journal so this is just the tip of the iceberg

4 Likes

Ublock origin will help you (firefox)

2 Likes

Seals of Solomon

Have you drawn this on virgin parchment

Or just took a print out (like me)

1 Like

I had it printed from my computer at one time, but when I moved home at the end of May, my magical supply trunk got left with the boyfriend, so I just use it on my phone or computer screen without printing it now, depending on how I feel in the moment.

I don’t usually pay attention to planetary hours, but coincidentally several times I’ve wanted to use this seal, the time I planned for the ritual was the right timing for that when I looked it up out of curiousity.

I.g. the last time I said ok I am going to do this around 9 pm. Told myself that all day, because I had my kids that day, then some other things, then half an hour before planned ritual, I said hmm. Wonder if the hours for this fall into a time frame I could do this ritual. That particular day the planetary hours for Venus started at 8:52 and ran through the middle of the 9pm hours.

Figure my internal witch, must be more in tune than I am. :woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

Something I was interested in (Why I generally see them laid out the same in images) but never thought to google up or took the time to contemplate for long.

3 Likes

Something I’m saving for later research.

4 Likes

A list of demons under Azazel that I either have worked with, or plan to work with. I don’t wish to copy bulks of text here, because what I found on each came from other sources, so I’ll just share the most comprehensive list of them and their powers at the bottom. I haven’t summoned all of these to know if there are any inaccurates, I just have a page for each in my research journal, whether I’ve confirmed the information yet or not.

• Akh Latesh
  • Askator
  • Ant Haratu
  • Al Fadan
  • Berthan
  • Crosius
  • Dra’ Talan
  • Eriesh tai tol
  • Esh Teleshtu
  • Etliosh
  • Fortash
  • Frog Latash
  • Glasyos
  • Grah at’ talian
  • Harathor
  • Kil tan
  • Krehl a Teral
  • Kru vest
  • Lei ticol
  • Mak talan
  • Mami a Am
  • Maymion
  • Pentosh
  • Salasash
  • Seatlar
  • Sun tall akh
3 Likes

I was looking up information for a new gemstone bracelet I received recently, and realized I have several Cat’s Eye gemstones, and never recorded their information. Nice, now I’ve got one more missing piece in my book.

I also have worn a 1.1 carat diamond and it has surrounding smaller stones, since 2013. I have considered using it for something magical, but never bothered to look up what it’s actual properties are…I am a little disappointed chocolate diamond is listed as a color here, because I also have a heart shaped necklace made with those.

d

Now for the newest additions to my collection:

c

and:

1 Like

Sigils I often use, that are a pain to look up every time I need them:

Morax

1 Like

Who’s Eva?

1 Like

@Lady_Eva :slight_smile: Didn’t think about how people couldn’t click her name since I quoted from a place you can’t see.

1 Like