The clever newt and the fearless turtle

Once upon a time there was a clever newt named newton. And while this clever newt was climbing he stumbled across a fearless turtle who said to Newton, "hey you Newt! Watch that tail or I’ll tell you a tale! " but that Newt newton thought,"hmm I’ve been walking all day and I would like to hear a story. " so that clever newt stuck his tail in the water and, "SNAP! " then the fearless turtle said,"there you have it, there you have it the tale of how the Newt lost his tail! " the end. I wrote this through an evocation of Mars under a blood moon it means a lot feel free to discuss the art behind the god of wars actions and how he shows that a children’s story can be diabolical and all encompassing to magical working with him and other so called old gods I’m limited on replies but when I can reply again I’ll explain it further

I like fables. But fables aren’t just children’s stories, they were teaching stories in oral traditions when nobody knew how to read.

The one is a variant of “Be careful what you wish for.”

Here’s another in this vein:
The Golden Touch (King Midas) - Midas loved gold so much, he asked a fairy to grant his wish that everything he touched turned to gold. He was happy until he touched his daughter and she turned to gold. The moral is, “Be careful what you wish for.”

And, one of Aesop’s fables - Townsend version:
An old man was employed in cutting wood in the forest, and, in carrying the faggots to the city for sale one day, became very wearied with his long journey. He sat down by the wayside, and throwing down his load, besought “Death” to come. “Death” immediately appeared in answer to his summons and asked for what reason he had called him. The Old Man hurriedly replied, “That, lifting up the load, you may place it again upon my shoulders.”

Not seeing what this has to do with Magik particularly, it’s certainly a good rule of thumb generally speaking - but that’s why it’s in a few fables. What were you working on that ‘be careful what you wish for’ became ‘all encompassing’ for you, if you don’t mind me asking?

The lust of power that comes with all magick for example become a living god what if that was a real option