The cancer of the RHP

From the perspective of what I value, the RHP is a cancer that is equal to that of the most fundamentalist religions of Islam and Christianity. For most of us on this BALG site, it is a ‘given’ that Islam and Christianity are the equivalent of “pancreatic cancer”. But the RHP is just a camouflaged version of that same garbage. And yes, I am including the magical subsets of Hinduism, Buddhism and all of the other fuck-tard groups.

The interesting problem for me, personally, is that I am equally opposed to those so-called “atheist” magicians in our midst (who, by the way, would be laughed out of any and every “science” based, University-recognized, “atheist” society on the planet).

I guess this is just a general post that is intended to be a catalyst for further discussion.

[quote=“jboy, post:1, topic:9116”]of the most fundamentalist religions of Islam and Christianity. For most of us on this BALG site, it is a ‘given’ that Islam and Christianity are
From the perspective of what I value, the RHP is a cancer that is equal to that the equivalent of “pancreatic cancer”. But the RHP is just a camouflaged version of that same garbage. And yes, I am including the magical subsets of Hinduism, Buddhism and all of the other fuck-tard groups.

The interesting problem for me, personally, is that I am equally opposed to those so-called “atheist” magicians in our midst (who, by the way, would be laughed out of any and every “science” based, University-recognized, “atheist” society on the planet).

I guess this is just a general post that is intended to be a catalyst for further discussion.[/quote]

Why exactly do you see RHP magic as being a cancer of society?

I, personally, wouldn’t even describe Islam and Christianity as cancerous. I’m a very much live and let live. People with power will use it against those who have none. We point at Muslims that rape non-muslim women, but then we use magic to make someone sleep with us. I don’t see a difference between physical rape and magical rape, I just don’t care.

People are going to do fucked up things. That’s the nature of humanity. People are also going to do the most marvelous things. That’s the nature of humanity. If a person wants to abuse someone, they will do it with a religious excuse or not. Joseph Stalin and General Mao are case studies that you don’t have to believe in a magical sky fairy to be a dick.

Most of the people that I know in my religious circles are some of the most compassionate, caring, and forgiving people that I have ever met. I have never felt ostracized or less than even in the times I’ve left the faith. I’ve never experienced anything but love and acceptance. But, I know that the other side of religious individuals do exist. They’re just not part of my experience of religion.

[quote=“jboy, post:1, topic:9116”]From the perspective of what I value, the RHP is a cancer that is equal to that of the most fundamentalist religions of Islam and Christianity. For most of us on this BALG site, it is a ‘given’ that Islam and Christianity are the equivalent of “pancreatic cancer”. But the RHP is just a camouflaged version of that same garbage. And yes, I am including the magical subsets of Hinduism, Buddhism and all of the other fuck-tard groups.

I guess this is just a general post that is intended to be a catalyst for further discussion.[/quote]
Kinda agree. Before becoming LHP I tried the RHP…with loooovvveeee and light spells and shit like that. It didn’t do shit for me, didn’t work out. Was a waiste of time really. I absolutely enjoy my LHP because I can be as I am I don’t have to force myself to forgive and loooovee and turn my other cheek or whatever…I absolutely love it because if I hate someone I can just hate and discharge my hate without guilt, if I want to remove someone out of my way I do that too without feeling guilty and so on…is wonderful.

Jboy, give a look at Yoga of Power by Julius Evola. In it, he talks a bit about the Shiva and Shakti energies, through which man can reach enlightenment. The Shakti energies begin in the Root (not technically, but for these purposes it does) and lie unawakened until forced up, in a Kundalini awakening. This is the LHP view. The Shiva energies involve rendering one unto a perfect vessel for said energies, so said Shiva energies may descend into the person. This is generally accomplished through veneration, cleansing, blah blah blah. Both are equally valid methods of enlightenment, and can be used in tandem. Evola makes the argument that in the Kali Yuga, only the awakening of the Shakti energies can lead to enlightenment, since Man is cut off from his spiritual nature, but that’s a different conversation.

I suspect the issue you may be having is that of the current in which you associate the RHP with. It is entirely possible to have a being like Odin, or Lilith, or whoever, play the role of deliverer of the Shiva energies, and this is most often seen in Priests of a particular deity. Since most people regard the RHP as associated with Judaic currents, this sets up a level of “fuck those guys” in your mind, when you start talking about Jehovah, or Jesus, or Mohammed.

Of course, if you listen to Evola, its not really a cancer, but a giant waste of time. Which… well…

What exactly is everyone’s definition of the right-hand path? Using magick for love, happiness, self-empowerment, healing? Hell, I do that sometimes. Any so-called LHP’er can perform rituals of this nature.

Is it to swear to never use magick to harm another? I agree with that philosophy. I don’t follow it, but I agree with it. You’d HOPE that no one ever betrays or hurts you to the point where you’d be pushed to revenge.

Is it to swear to never use magick for greed or money? Don’t agree with that at all.

Is it half-assed wiccans with an upright pentagram necklace who do weak candle spells and mote it be within a two-minute ritual, once every month or so?

Wikipedia says the RHP is nothing more than a magickal system with a “moral code.” I have a moral code! And within it, revenge is, although unfortunate, sometimes acceptable. Or at least understandable/forgivable.

Is it belief in the “threefold law,” or reflective karma? I’ve heard in some radio interview somewhere that the “threefold law” is highly misinterpreted, and originally meant quite the opposite. If cursed or wronged, send the negativity back to the originator times three.

An Erisian Hymn
By Rev. Dr. Mungojerry Grindlebone, KOB
Episkopos, The Rayville Apple Panthers

Onwards Christian Soldiers,
Onwards Buddhist Priests.
Onward, Fruits of Islam,
Fight till you’re deceased.
Fight your little battles.
Join in thickest fray;
For the Greater Glory,
of Dis-cord-i-a.
Yah, yah, yah,
Yah, yah, yah, yah.
Blfffffffffffffft!

Excerpt from the Principia Discordia

-> Praise Eris! <-

[quote=“DiscordianBliss, post:6, topic:9116”]An Erisian Hymn
By Rev. Dr. Mungojerry Grindlebone, KOB
Episkopos, The Rayville Apple Panthers

Onwards Christian Soldiers,
Onwards Buddhist Priests.
Onward, Fruits of Islam,
Fight till you’re deceased.
Fight your little battles.
Join in thickest fray;
For the Greater Glory,
of Dis-cord-i-a.
Yah, yah, yah,
Yah, yah, yah, yah.
Blfffffffffffffft!

Excerpt from the Principia Discordia

-> Praise Eris! <-[/quote]
It’s Friday and I need a god damn hot dog! Full on SLACK!

The RHP as a cancer of society? maybe, it’s definitely a breeding ground for chickenshit and self delusion from what i’ve seen of it.

Ashtkerr, are you saying that there is no difference between using magick to seduce someone into fucking you and physicaly beating the living shit out of them to get it? I don’t really care about the morality of it, just having a little trouble understanding how you see them as the same. And Stalin and Mao both knew the power of religion, that’s why they replace the magical sky fairy with themselves as the one true god of their own, little shity ones, but still gods…

“You can never corrupt me again!”

Dimmu Borgirs’ The Sacrilegious Scorn
In Sorte Diaboli album

I can understand the opposition of the RHP, but some of the opposition to this is also very much reflective to any path that share minor resemblance to dedication and worships of a single deity or spirit in general.

Any kind of path that challenge the ego or that takes away our “control” in any way, are a big “threat” in our goal to personal Godhood. I always wondered why some of you feel threatened by that?

None have admitted it, but having a spirit spouse, a succubus/incubus or a monogamous relationship with a spirit is very much similar to monotheistic religions because it have dedication and challenges of the ego. But that’s where the similarities ends.

Personally, I don’t give a crap of the definitions of magical paths, because most of us cross the lines anyway in one way or the other. Some black magicians still call it “LHP”, even if the true definition might better fit in to the “RHP”. Why is it so? Maybe because we set our own rules and definitions along the way. That doesn’t make it less hypocritical, though, does it?

Possession is practiced by many black magicians as well as in voodoun. That would constitute a lack of control. I believe the main issue people have with the rhp approach isn’t the notion that one should focus on doing “good” things, but more the “do this, not that or else” mindset. The threat of karma, hell or purgatory for stepping out of their bounds is oppressive and restrictive. In lhp, you do what you will, be it “good” or “bad” and you take responsibility for your actions.

By the way, I checked out your website. Very informative and helpful.

1 Like

Isn’t that a cultist mindset rather than a mindset of the RHP? Because what you described, is very much present in the LHP practices that have followers masked within a path. Doesn’t that make a definition rather vague, because as long as there is a following of an ideology, it has an RHP mindset to it, despite that some of us calls it LHP anyway?

By the way, I checked out your website. Very informative and helpful.

Thanks. I appreciate it. :slight_smile:

Interesting. Could you provide an example of cultist mindset within lhp mindset? Something like some aspects of Thelema or perhaps certain Satanic groups? As far as Discordianism is concerned, I have little problem with that cult :wink:

I see a lot of similarities between a cult and religions, and both forms makes no differences between the Right Hand Path and the Left Hand Path, as I see it. Satanism or Luciferianism is considered a Left Hand Path by their leaders, but have the ideology of the Right Hand Path by a set of rules to follow. It masks itself with individual development, while the leader is the one who ascend through his or hers followers.

Do you think anyone ascended more than Anton LaVey in his Satanist cult? He sure was a spokesperson of individual development, yet there was a set of rules to follow, and I haven’t read of anyone within that cult to have climbed the ladder above him. I find that very limiting.

But we can’t get away from cults or followers entirely, at least in a spiritual sense and through our own spirits. Even if we worship our spirits and deities, there is a “cultist mind” within them and they worship us just as much. I have learned I have spirit followers within my own path, and it’s sure put a different perspective of things. This is just my thoughts of the topic.

[quote=“charles9, post:8, topic:9116”]The RHP as a cancer of society? maybe, it’s definitely a breeding ground for chickenshit and self delusion from what i’ve seen of it.

Ashtkerr, are you saying that there is no difference between using magick to seduce someone into fucking you and physicaly beating the living shit out of them to get it? I don’t really care about the morality of it, just having a little trouble understanding how you see them as the same. And Stalin and Mao both knew the power of religion, that’s why they replace the magical sky fairy with themselves as the one true god of their own, little shity ones, but still gods…[/quote]

In both cases whether I cast a love spell or physically force an individual to have sex with me, I see both instances as rape. Because, it is using of personal power to obtain sex from an otherwise unwilling partner. Regardless of the roads taken the result is the same, you used force to obtain sex and that’s rape.

Saying that politicians have created cults around them is a little bit of a stretch, but I’ll allow it. My point was that humans are going to do what they want to do according to their values, regardless of religious or spiritual involvement.

This thread actually really annoys me because it is the negative side of a religion that I don’t have a lot of experience with. What I saw when I read jboy’s first post was a religious attitude.

“My religion/philosophy/system of beliefs is the best one and the world would be much better if everyone thought the way that I did.”

That view is the cancer of society if I had to use that term. It’s so dismissive, so immature, and the words of someone who is truly ignorant. I am not a Christian, not because I think Christianity is worthless, but because it’s not for me right now. I believe individuals can ascend in any belief system or philosophy. It depends on the individual, not the community.

I know of a Catholic who I would consider a friend. He told me an experience he had during a mass where it felt like a hot plate had been turned on at the base of his spine, went up his spine until it reached the top of his head and it felt like fireworks were going off in his head. I recognized that as Kundalini.

Any system can be a method to ascension if used properly. And so, anyone who looks on others with disdain simply because they are outside of his group, is no better than the herd mentality sheep in every other religion.

Go home sheep, to a shepherd that cares. Let the men speak here.

Sorry, I’m ranting again.

1 Like

Ash, I can understand you taking the stance of a Christian apologist, but defending Islam is going a bit far. Your argument of there being no one true way to enlightenment or whatever I do agree with. Bending someone’s will to align with yours I don’t see as the same as physically forcing someone into something they don’t want. How is communism not a cultist mindset? Of course people are going to do fucked up shit to one another, the difference between rhp and lhp lies in either not doing fucked up shit out of fear of retribution from an outside force ( karma, judgment & persecution by x deity) or not doing fucked up shit because it’s against your own moral code which you yourself put in place and not anyone else.

1 Like

What does this “cancer” infect?

You are, to be aware, miscalculating. The RHP is a different categorical variation than that of Islam and Christianity. You’re putting a path and a religion in the same boat, not only is it confusing the scope but the RHP is quite literally “spiritual conformism” based on the social trends of the time.

English: The RHP is a mindset produced by and following mainstream, accepted religions, although sometimes that isn’t necessarily the case.

For most of us on this BALG site, it is a 'given' that Islam and Christianity are the equivalent of "pancreatic cancer". But the RHP is just a camouflaged version of that same garbage.

On what basis? You want this to be a discussion, yes? Then where does this come from?

And yes, I am including the magical subsets of Hinduism, Buddhism and all of the other fuck-tard groups.

Watch what you say about Hinduism and Buddhism, not all of their subsets are “light”-style, and one of the most powerful people I’ve ever met was an Aghori.

Also, Tibetan Buddhism is a practice that exists and its entities are not something you’d want to mess around with.

The interesting problem for me, personally, is that I am equally opposed to those so-called "atheist" magicians in our midst (who, by the way, would be laughed out of any and every "science" based, University-recognized, "atheist" society on the planet).

The simple answer there is that they’re not out of their shells enough, or practiced enough, to drop their filter.

The real devil is the psychological model, as it is simply very wrong. But that’s a different post.

We point at Muslims that rape non-muslim women, but then we use magic to make someone sleep with us. I don't see a difference between physical rape and magical rape, I just don't care.

This is slightly different, because in the case of magical rape, the other party believes they are willingly giving you consent, whereas in physical rape they are not.

A better comparison would be media brainwashing and using magic to get a partner to bed.

You’re forgetting a key part here ash. See, spells can fail- and nothing can happen to the target whatsoever.

I again think you’re making a bit of a stretched comparison.

Sure the actual act and result are very similar, however, magic doesn’t work the same way as the physical act and the better comparison would be that of brainwashing someone to fuck you.

My point was that humans are going to do what they want to do according to their values, regardless of religious or spiritual involvement.

In most cases, sure.

This thread actually really annoys me because it is the negative side of a religion that I don't have a lot of experience with. What I saw when I read jboy's first post was a religious attitude.

“My religion/philosophy/system of beliefs is the best one and the world would be much better if everyone thought the way that I did.”

That view is the cancer of society if I had to use that term.

I agree, the OP was rather strongly-worded for something that was trying to make fun of its own style. What you quoted is a little bit more than what he supplied (“world would be much better”), because if that was the case I would’ve said that the less people who know of sorcery at this stupid point in history, the better.

I am not a Christian, not because I think Christianity is worthless, but because it's not for me right now. I believe individuals can ascend in any belief system or philosophy. It depends on the individual, not the community.

If the pathways are provided, sure, and in some cases the individual can create these pathways, however their actual ascent being contained within the boundaries of one system pattern is unlikely.

I know of a Catholic who I would consider a friend. He told me an experience he had during a mass where it felt like a hot plate had been turned on at the base of his spine, went up his spine until it reached the top of his head and it felt like fireworks were going off in his head. I recognized that as Kundalini.

Pretty funny actually, my grandmother had a similar story of her church days.

And so, anyone who looks on others with disdain simply because they are outside of his group, is no better than the herd mentality sheep in every other religion.

At the end of the day we’re all animals, and, really, can you expect better from beasts?

Why is defending Islam too far? Because they use their power in a way that you don’t like? Then become stronger than them and destroy them.

Morality doesn’t exist, it’s a social construct created to help society function. No act is good or bad, it just is. My morality is ultimately based around whether something is beneficial or detrimental for me. So, I don’t ride a high horse because others are going to do what is beneficial to them, and that’s fine by me. I have transcended petty societal niceties of good and evil, and you will not understand me until you meetme up here.

Why is defending Islam too far? Because you might as well be defending pedophilia, rape and murder, which by most people’s societal construct (morality) is not only wrong, but abhorrent. Rising above the pettiness of modern society is all fine and dandy, but it’s difficult to feel grounded with your head in the clouds all the time. If you can’t understand that up where you’re at then perhaps it’s time to come back down to this level of reality.

Pedophilia is a grey area for me especially considering history, especially since there are many different kinds of pedophilia. Traditionally, the “age of consent” for a sexual union was either a matter for the family to decide, or a tribal custom; usually it was it began with menstruation in women and the growth of pubic hair in men. The concept of childhood didn’t exist before the 12th Century and children were kind of seen as little adults for all intents and purposes. Mary, the mother of Jesus, was only 12; while Joseph, her husband, was around the age of 70; and they’re some of the highest ranking saints. We also know from Sir Edward Coke (England, 17 Century) that marriages of women under 12 was normal for the time. In the extreme, the youngest age for men or women marrying was 2.

It wasn’t until the end of the 19th century that attitudes started changing at all. It was with the early feminist movements who were trying to repeal the Contagious Diseases Acts, but then they moved onto the issue of child prostitution. After the sensational exposes titled The Maiden Tribute of Modern Babylon public outcry had the age of consent raised to 16 in 1885 in the UK and by 1920 all the states had raised their ages of consent to 16-18.

So, it’s certainly a very recent change in public morality. Much like slavery. So, and shoot me if you want, I don’t see pedophilia as a truly terrible thing as long as it is after puberty and with consent.

And regarding rape and murder, if you have ever cast a love spell or a death curse than you are no different and you don’t get to look down on others for doing the same thing. That’s hypocritical. But, if you haven’t casted a love spell or a death curse, then by all means sit atop your high horse and glare at us lesser individuals.