That Moment When 8: Strange days stranger nights

Facts

tmw something has fucked with all of your communication devices today (even the fucking intercom, the embodiment of “one piece of string, two empty yoghurt cups”). also tmw you’re not even mad because you can finally catch up with some reading material :sleepy:

1 Like

TMW you’re chakra ritual manifests results instantaneously for a client, like for real stated “so it is done” and boom my phone goes off with the client instantly asking if i did something :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

I did it, i got my tattoo done and its not stingy rn which is great. I paid $60 in total, as it was $40 plus a $20 tip.

2 Likes

That moment when you walk into your altar room unprepared and the energy feels like a punch in the gut

3 Likes

tmw your “cursed”/binded Skull named Skully emanates so much energy you’ve had to encase it in an energy barrier

Tmw you get a fortune cookie that has no fortune…

Felt like drawing the “blank rune” [wyrd]

What did Owen Cook mean by True Art? I was thinking he meant that art depicting things like “demons, horror, things of that nature” are not true art. The video talking about this is called “Truth About Sociopaths” by Owen Cook on YouTube.

I moved your post to the off topic thread, as this question is not related to magick…

Yeah… never heard of him, sorry. Artists (and everybody and their dog pretty much) have their own opinions of what art is, and it’s unlikely to be accurate to ask anyone else but him what he meant, you’ll just get more opinions and a lot of guessing and hearsay. Maybe try finding interviews where someone asks him in person? :thinking:

That said, do you have a link to where he says this in context, maybe we can infer something from that?

You mean the link to the video on YouTube, it’s here, Truth About Sociopaths - YouTube.

That’s… not actually what sociopaths are, but ok, close enough :smiley:

So, right at the end he goes “they don’t like true friendship, love or art” (paraphrasing). And you’re wondering what “true art” is…

In this context, I think he means art inspired from the heart.

Tmw my tattoo is scabbing and its so itchy

@Bunnygamer1994 Do not itch it. If you itch and it depending on the scabbing you could lose color in a portion of the tattoo (I know cuz I itched 1 spot on a tat and there’s 1spot the color didn’t take right cuz of it. Luckily it’s a small area on a small tat of the decepticon logo that doesn’t show unless you looked close cuz I stopped myself when I caught myself itching at it, too bad not before a bit of scan gotremoved taking the color with. Whether that’s a sign of a bad job or not I don’t know but the tatt except that spot it still good).

Add: didn’t they say you could moisturize it with unscented alcohol free moisturizer after the first day to help minimize the itchiness? My tattooist did. Maybe you could try aloe Vera gel (all natural type)?

Ive been putting moisturizer on it when it itchy due to it being rubbed against my bra strap, sleeve of my shirt, and blanket. i dont touch the scab flakes unless im washing it and put lotion on it.

A coworker suggested i use aquaphor to help with it but they didnt have any in stock at walmart from what my mom said last night when she had to go there.

1 Like

How long’s it been itching (Not counting where your clothes straps may be rubbing it)?

If it’s been itchy more then up to a week you might want to gently have some rubbing alcohol gently tapped onto it (you know like daub a cotton swab on it) cuz if it’s itchy more then a week it could be slightly irritated (not exactly infected more like irritated)from the soap chemicals or something. If it’s not just itchy for the fist few days I mean.

For me anyways, t only itched from around day 3 to 6 approximately so if it’s itchy for longer then a week somethings not quite right (that’s why you might daub it with alcohol.

After a week or more, it shouldn’t do much ham to the tattoo to daub alcohol on it though be sure to moisturize after cuz alcohol is drying and while it will disinfect if you got a infection starting if you don’t moisturize after the itchiness could get worse).

Do note though, if it hurts like a bitch to daub it gently with alcohol it might be infected, in which case you might need to see a GP (general practitioner) Dr to get an antibiotic cream or something.

Reason I mentioned Aloe Vera gel for moisturizing is it’s all natural and known to speed healing. But any good moisturizer should work you just need to be careful of ingredients. Some creams contain photo-sensitizers they cause irritation when exposed to sunlight like citrus oils/extracts. Others contain known sensitizes/allergens like lanolin. Pure aloe gel has nothing added so no risk of making itchiness using it.

Anyhow, it shouldn’t itch much over 5-7 days so if it is try disinfecting it (if it stings that’s good if it doesn’t that’s ok too) and then moisturize (once dry. Like 5 or so mins after rubbing alcohol) and if still itchy a day or so after disinfecting and moisturizing again you may need to see a Dr (or nurse practitioner in places with those for an antibiotic cream or antibiotic depending on the Dr’s opinion).

Caveat: I am not a medical practitioner so what I say is from my own experience with my own tattoos. So when in doubt always seek the advice of a trained licensed medical professional (worst that could happen is they say it looks fine and ask why did you bother me/waste my time which they won’t cuz they’re getting paid and no one wants to get less pay so they’re not gonna say something to discourage you from coming again if needed). It’s better to be safe then sorry if you think somethings not right.

Like i said, it only gets itchy when my clothes or blanket rub against it. When i don’t have anything against it doesn’t itch at all, which kinda surprised me.

I do wash my tattoo, and moisturize it with fragrance free lotion and it doesn’t bug me.

I’ll check walgreens tonight if they have pure aloe vera, and maybe bandages so i can have something on the tattoo so i dont want to claw my tattoo, and actual sleep on my right side without worrying about the scabs being rubbed off when turning in my sleep.

1 Like

Well its no longer itchy, and it has healed really well.

Time to get another one, next month.

1 Like

Tmw you wonder how much little bottles of alcohol cost to put in your offering bowls

Also the fact that these past few months have gone through fast it seems like and im happy fall is approaching

1 Like

Tmw living in a semi-dystopian reality for the last couple of months left you kind of unable to pack for simple day trips. Heels or hiking shoes? Could you actually run in that skirt? How much underwear and socks do you pack “just in case”? How many loaded power banks are too many? Should I get a map out of paper for the area? :melting_face:

3 Likes

Tmw you fight in a war all night long and then can barely open your eyes in the morning.
That’s how I like my monday mornings :woozy_face:

2 Likes