That Moment When 8: Strange days stranger nights

Nah unfortunately it’s a domestic problem here Lady…

Keeps getting out of hand… I’ve resorted to mundane measures, costing mega bucks…

But I think it’s time to get the protection here going… Magically!!! Will be researching this through the next couple of days…

Any suggestions… Anyone.
Pls feel free to pm.

Dark regards.

Ps… Santa betta het me something nice following all the covid shit it’s caused this past year… Lol

1 Like

TMW my birthday is 2 days from now and my older sister is going to the hospital to be induced for labor tonight… baby born tomorrow and my birthday on the day after

2 Likes

TMW I’m quoting an old post of mind, thusly:

… and the name @Maxwell pops straight into my mind! :laughing:

(Just teasin’ :wink: )

2 Likes

I read thirsty

2 Likes

Summons Santa Claus egregore what do you mean

1 Like

I’ll greet your Santa, and raise you a “my imaginary Star Trek frens got possessed by real deities and now they’re no fun any more”! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Fuck

Uh

Danny devito sans death match, gonna call em up right here and make em fight

2 Likes

Santa Claus was based on Odin, you know. Don’t even need an egregore. :wink:

3 Likes

Saint Nick??

I dunno anymore

Saint Nicholas sure had an influence, too. But Santa Claus how we know him today didn’t exist before Coca Cola. In the past he wasn’t red and neither was he fat. He was often called Father Christmas.
Many Christmas traditions were taken of the Yule festival. And Odin was the Yule Father.
There are lots of similarities.

In Germany, St.Nicholas Day is celebrated in the beginning of december.
And do you want to see how the austrians celebrate it?

2 Likes

St. Nicholas scared the shit out of me when I was still in Kindergarten and “he” came around, asking if we all had been good children while threatening us with his birchwood rod in case we would lie to him. I wasn’t all too keen about the 6th of December :smiley:

2 Likes

where I lived this was common. the Nikolaus became a synonym for terror and getting forced to learn poems and songs to please him (and not getting punished in the process, lol) and no child knew who the fuck Knecht Ruprecht was or why he should be scarier than the strict beard guy.

1 Like

Didn’t know that one either.
Nobody is scarier than St-Nicholas/Pelzmärtel. It was also way scarier than Halloween. :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

I mean, if he finds out you lied to your sister last june, he’s going to put you in his bag and then you’re gone.

1 Like

walks in, walks out

2 Likes

So much THIS. I still remember how we would look at each other in fear when St. Nicholas day was celebrated in Kindergarten (I was sent to Kinderkrippe soon after my birth and to Kindergarten when I was three, so until school started we had some “moments” with this old dude from hell). Nobody liked the whole procedure :smiley:

1 Like

Our parents and kindergarten teachers told us that he would beat us up with his rod and the he would force us to eat coal until we would turn into good children again

1 Like

well, maybe they did and the Pelzmärtel came back for you…

1 Like

TMW the lighting wasn’t like this when I went to snap it. I have no clue why I am glowing.

3 Likes