That Moment When 8: Strange days stranger nights

TMW Things are starting to move again. I can feel the shifting of the currents, and my ambitions are returning to me.

Tmw Dinner…

6 Likes

That looks interesting and yummy!

On another note:

That moment when Beliel warns you of your own undoing, a chain breaks.

1 Like

The lesson that chess teaches us: A king needs his queen, but a queen does not need her king. :woman_shrugging:t2::thinking:

Ladies be a Queen :two_hearts:

Also a Queen protects her King.

Lose your Queen and lose the game.

2 Likes

I’m confused because the game is about getting the King and when the King is gone the game is done.

2 Likes

The queen moves around the board the protect the king. If you lose the queen you almost always lose the game because the king doesn’t have the strongest piece to protect him. I have yet to see a game won when she is gone.

1 Like

This might help with her movement.

The queen can be moved any number of unoccupied squares in a straight line vertically, horizontally, or diagonally, thus combining the moves of the room. The queen captures by occupying the square on which an enemy piece sits. From Wikipedia

1 Like

The king can only move one space at a time so he can’t protect her as she can him. He also can’t get out of danger. Where she can move back to protect him.

1 Like

I’ve seen it, you can still win with the pieces of the game, depending on the opponents skill level and your skill level.

Is she important yes, is the player at a disadvantage if he loses her yes, but it is not impossible to win without her.

The whole point of the game is to protect the King, without her dependence goes to the knights, bishops and rooks.

However even without them, (although difficult a person could win with just a King and pawns).

(I realize you are trying to do a life metaphor)

1 Like

The actual point was a metaphor since he can’t do the same for her. But this is assuming you are down to just the king and queen. No other pieces left.

But that isn’t chess then and the game is probably already lost then. Because they are wiped out of players.

If my husband I played chess and he didn’t even use the Queen, I would still lose really quickly. Actually I would probably lose even if he just had pawns and King. But his skill level is high and mine isn’t.

You just blew my self empowerment pep talk out of the weather. I literally did it for myself and anyone struggling.

You are stonger than you realize and don’t need to depend on a metaphor.

Look inside yourself for strength and independence, not things that people say when they sad and trying to get validation.

(Im rooting for you)

2 Likes

This came from a song that I was just listening to and it inspired me to write this to remind myself. This but I truly just don’t fucking care anymore. You can just give him the kid and disappear. It would be best for everyone.

1 Like

TMW you dream the end of the world with floods and hurricane with purple water.
Yet in the dream you don’t care cause you are in love and she doesn’t give a :poop: about you :cry:

1 Like

I love the color purple and hurricanes… but you will love someone that loves you :two_hearts:

2 Likes

Can someone explain to me why I am dreaming about Frozen smiling fried mash potatoes bags?

One word: Michigan

Two Words: She Taught

One word: Learned

You can shoulder shrug and not gain the knowledge. Sometimes the Queen steps up to the plate and the King doesn’t rise up.

Truth! In every single cultural aspect, there is a Red Queen. The biggest question should be: Are you willing to take the step up to be the Red Queen?

Now it’s why they work together. For the Scarab is scared and one of the few beatles found in every place of the world. Research this.

Beliel stated chains would break.

1 Like

This really matches what you said to me earlier. I didn’t event link the two until now. Maybe it wasn’t just a game and song inspired?

1 Like

Bingo!