That Moment When 7: Just Tears in the Rain

Tmw you feel like the balance has begun but we have just been too used to the good times.

5 Likes

Tmw no fever still, very mild cough, no running or plugged nose, and no headache. I guess it was one of those pesky 24 flus.

5 Likes

That you gave to me via the internet :joy:

2 Likes

I actually see what is going on as a good thing. I am able to spend a lot of time with my kid. I haven’t since I started working full time. They are going to online school so I. An see if that is what I want to do. I can still work a job I love and I save a ton of money in gas.

I might request to stay at home.

1 Like

1 Like

Leaks from China in mid-Jan which our govts (and opposition, not taking any sides) knew about showed how serious this was, and what it required to keep safe, but my post was alas prophetic: The 21st Century.

People do not comprehend how strongly “good things” need to be defended from the constant onslaught of those who want to steer shit crazy, or the simple fact of entropy.

I might think about making an effortpost with links to original studies, but so far it seems like coronavirus:

• kills seven times as many in the 20 - 29 age group than flu

• kills eighteen times as many in the 30 - 39 age group than flu

• kills thirty-seven times as many in the 40 - 49 age group than flu

… and the numbers from there are all just up, up, up.

In the 40 - 49 group, it appears to kill just over one in thirty people infected. It also seems to kill fewer 80+ than in the 60 - 79 age group.

That’s just the death rate, not the infection rate of those who need to be placed on ventilators to live, but then make a recovery, and it also ignores the people in all those groups who survive but are left with crippled respiratory systems or other organ damage.

I’m not a huge fan of Piers Morgan but I agree with him that if it was disproportionately hitting the young, most older people would do everything in their power to protect them and would NOT be gloating all over the place about how it “only” targets the under-30’s (link).

If age was an ethnicity, I also wonder how many Tumblr-istas would feel fine saying “Oh, it only kills the (insert ethnic group), so let’s partayyyy!”?

And something to ponder for anyone reading this and tapping previously-unacknowledged ideas about “The weak should fear the strong,” is that any random adaptation may cause it to create symptoms, such as turning a healthy immune system against its owner, which increases the rate of death in younger groups - something I (late thirties, so sort of neither) don’t wish to see happen, but eminently possible. :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

Lol I’ll take the blame, as folks around here blame me for the snow during winter

2 Likes

Ha ha ha. Well honestly I think it was coming there was so much flu in the office but my cough is rare so it isn’t that. Maybe just a sinus infection on my end. But since I am gone I can diffuse my oils to help me feel better.

Right. I’ve just been taking cold medicine and a not so great tea I call Scarborough tea, which is essentially a tea from the herbs mentioned in the song. Not sure if it is the herbs or the nostalgia from the flavors as my grandmother used them in a majority of her food making me feel better. I would put it in a broth but I am saving that for meals for the family.

2 Likes

TMW you went to the pharmacy store spontaneously after work to ask for hand sanitizer, knowing that they probably don’t have any. And I got one of the last bottles, look at that beauty:

It’s a good day today :sparkles:

5 Likes

Lucky one :smiley: If I won’t run out of anything soon its sanitizer, on the other hand I can’t give it away because I need to clean my tools and my workplace surroundings with that stuff

3 Likes

I had hand sanitizer but I gave it to my brother who has a weakened immune system.
So now I have some for myself again. :smile:

3 Likes

why not use soap instead of hand sanitizer.

Tmw having a spiritual awakening during this chaos isn’t fun…at all

1 Like

Because I am obliged by the law to use sanitizer in order to keep my stuff clean at work. Plus Sanitizer is the only thing that works against ALL the kinds of nasty stuff I am confronted with on a daily basis.

2 Likes

Ich hoffe alles ist gut. Kommst du aus deutschland oder österreich?

1 Like

I hear you! But it’s foe a better you right?

1 Like

You’re for the Netherlands? nevermind I read that wrong. I have Dutch on the brain due to my BFF

1 Like

Dude you kill me :sob::sob:

2 Likes

Bayern

1 Like