That Moment When 6: Happy Trails to TMW! I'll Hope to See You Soon!

Eat a bit of both, and only eat foods your great-grandparents would have recognised, that’s the general guideline. The stuff in meat and the stuff in veg balance each other out.

I recommend this site:

https://www.marksdailyapple.com/

9 Likes

Tmw the minute I get peace from family, I get struck down with mysterious disease tm and now I’m having to spend the past few days in hospital. Very cool. Plus I just got some new alchemy books that I’ve been wanting for a while, and whatever is happening is in my eyes so I can’t read them. That’s the real kicker :weary:

2 Likes

I think this is the best advice ive heard yet. You’re English (I think) whats was common back then. Im mostly english and irish thats why I ask.

4 Likes

I always ask myself if my great-grandfather would have eaten this. So fat meat and beer everyday it is! :laughing: He still cut his own firewood in the forest when he was over 80 and felt fine.

6 Likes

You’re typing so much, I had time to make this:
Lady_Eva

6 Likes

People online who swing from raw vegan to eating nothing but meat are playing the 21st century game of doing what everyone in the past KNEW to be bullshit, and acting as though it’s somehow some profound and higher wisdom, and just really ping-ponging backwards and forwards between imbalances, and fighting the fires lit by their previous stupidity.

Example: my nan, “Don’t eat between meals, it’ll spoil your appetite.”

Waaaah that’s wrong you anti-snack bigot! We’re going to graze, graze, graze, because it’s NEW and therefore RIGHT!

What happens?

The entire western world and a fair chunk the rest develops problems which originate in loss of satiety, losing all control of what is an appropriate portion size and the ability to stop eating after having a suitable amount, and no longer finds eating 2 or 3 times a day with nothing in between satisfying.

“oh yeah no but that’s not what happened tho.”

Sorry, but yes - it is.

Eliminating animal fat while promoting snacking broke the satiety response which protected against pathological overeating in millions of people. :man_shrugging:

Ancel Keys, who originated the war on fat, has killed and crippled more people than (insert your favourite 20th century tyrant).

And almost all those people went through various personal hells of self-hate, shaming themselves and being shamed, and yet when they reached out for help they were pushed into worse versions of the very behaviours which break satiety.

The excesses above were totally shunned, that’s one main difference. It’s pretty important when you start to implement it, because it’s natural to want to go to some excess to try and balance out the previous excesses (keto after vegan, raw after SAD, bulletproof coffee instead of smoothies, etc).

The individual things people ate depended on income, sex, activity levels in job (a housemaid scrubbing floors all day 6 days a week would eat more than an elderly male clerk), day of the week (people usually had something special at the weekend or on Sundays), etc.

Specifics:

The basics I can recall from my own family’s older generation and from what I have read were:

• to avoid all excesses & imbalances, period - no all-veg or all-meat or all-fat bullshit, nothing with like 50g+ “grassfed butter” etc either, just because something’s good doesn’t mean more is better

• eat 2 veg in moderate amounts with any cooked meal, which would usually have some meat or fish in it, or eggs

• eat 2 - 3 times a day, with at least 4 - 5 hours gap, and nothing in between

• eat butter or some other kind of animal fat with any starch (potatoes or bread, rice wasn’t really used much except as a pudding)

• eat something sweet afterwards, this is a known cravings-killer to eat something when already satiated by a balanced meal, likewise you can induce cravings for a food by eating it when hungry, so the “dessert” tradition that was considered dated was actually a way of countering our evolutionary preference for sweetness :roll_eyes:

• don’t aim for bulk which stretches your stomach, and causes a spiralling expectation around what the body needs. Heaping your plate was always frowned upon.

Skipping breakfast is fine if you feel like it but eating animal fat with a starch (bacon and egg with tomatoes and fried bread, or 2 boiled eggs with 2 slices buttered toast, or oatmeal with cream) was the norm. I don’t recommend wheat but again this is because it’s been so fucked with to increase proteins, and because we’re all trying to heal from some very fucked-up things these days.

Cooking the main meal from scratch (actual veg and meats, butter, lard) and not buying food products was the norm, frozen and tinned veg that haven’t been treated or coated seem reasonably okay (frozen veg is often fresher, and tinned veg sometimes has more available nutrients, like tinned tomatoes and carrots).

Pasta, pulses, fruit, and fruit juices and constant sweet drinks were not common, nor was constantly sipping water, unless doing manual work and breaking a sweat from that.

The main thing was smallish amounts of as much variety as possible, seasonal veg for example (which probably also reduced intolerances, which bear a resemblance to becoming sensitised to chemicals through repeated exposure), varying your protein sources (meat, eggs, fish, poultry) and nothing in between meals.

:rofl: Yeah just trying to make sense of what I remember and have read, that site I linked and this are worth perusing: https://www.westonaprice.org/

11 Likes

You’re completely 100% right! :sparkles:

4 Likes

As an English lady that makes me blush, BUT, seek out online the TV series “The Supersizers…” where 2 people eat the typical diets of previous generations for a whole week: every single time, they get dire warnings of how their health will be wrecked (these were filmed when the anti-fat dogma was at its peak) and yet they actually come out of most of them with better biomarkers when tested afterwards: The Supersizers... - Wikipedia

They also copy the food recorded at some feasts served to royals and nobles. which obviously are excessive, but even then they’re eating whole foods and not junk, and don’t seem to suffer too much.

It was reasonably normal for people to occasionally over-indulge and then just go back to normal, no January “detox” bullshit or anything, though people did fast at Lent (and fasting for religious purposes may be the real secret of the mediterranean diet, NOT olive oil etc.).

What’s worth noting is that this is the “low in animal fats” diet we have all been so disastrously pushed towards, and yet, like the vegetarian (NOT vegan) traditional diet of some Hindus, the higher level of carbohydrate is combined with an emphasis on routine fasting, and that supports the proposition that regular consumption of high-carb foods leads to an unhealthy insulin response, as well as causing increases in hunger (which routine fasting, and making friends with the feeling of hunger, can somewhat counter).

7 Likes

I’ve been meaning to fast I always feel good when I can just forget about food and go do something and sip on me Tea. Usually my fasts are broken from completely involuntary habits. Like today I plannes to not eat but I was talking to my mom and there was a cut mango out and I just popped it in my mouth then ate some berries. It wasnt till she offered me chocolate that I had realized I broke my fast.

1 Like

It used to be reasonably normal to not eat for at least 10 hours, usually 12 (7pm to 7am was usually spent without any major intakes of food), sometimes longer.

3 Likes

I used to joke with my husband about being raw vegan one week and the next switching over to raw carnivore. As I call if the great balance against cooked foods.

3 Likes

TMW Beelzebub is manifesting a lot now everywhere, his gate is opened, his gate will be open ⛧

2 Likes

Is it time to bring back Become A Living Dog?

6 Likes

Tmw you figured out a flowing parting ritual to finish my work with Nehemoth that involves working two systems together (the greater gate keeper pathworking and the Qliphoth one I am on currently). It is not a norm and I will be writing how in my journal after it is done but seems to be a great way to tie my involvement in both together (as in a way it is as Azazel intended). Lots of work to do later.

Edit: rereading this, I realized I failed to give credit where it is due, as it was something @Xag_darklight mentioned about his Gnosis on the Lake of Fire that allowed me to realize a link I can establish between the two seemingly separate workings. So, thank you my friend.

2 Likes

TMW
You’re permanently reminded of why its better to just continue with hiding in the shadows and not sharing just ANYTHING interesting. At the end of the day its always “Burn her at the stake” because somewhere someones cattle died or something. Fuck this shit. Really.

7 Likes

Eh, screw them. More interesting stuff for us then. As much as I enjoy having conversations with others (especially twisting their minds to think about things they would be too afraid to discuss normally with a bit of word play), there is always that point where it is best to let some go on their merry way.

1 Like

Tmw I saw a drink called “original sin” at a local coffee shop…could not resist getting it (nor do i regret it)

2 Likes

If i own a coffee shop I have interesting coffee drinks and food like Chutlu mouthwash which is a grasshopper drink. Cerberus muffin being a peanut butter flavored muffin.

2 Likes

I would definitely go, possibly request a custom drink that could be called “Maddening brew” lol

Tmw @DarkestKnight well I can no longer say that no one has tried to attack me. After that choking spirit fail on me, my wife was attacked with more of a focus on the stomach, which she repelled with a mirror spell. Funny thing is that out of the two magic users in the area, one I witnessed having the same physical symptoms, which I find pelicular. Will have to do some divination to confirm but, if it is as it appears, I have a test subject for material in that Magical Attack book I just bought.

2 Likes