That Moment When 5: It's dead Jim

Tmw I’ll post my bushman mod here too, as few people read journals. (or mine at least :grin:)
From this

To this
8929d04cfa414ce70b87a4821943c4685fd1122c_2_666x500

6 Likes

Gorgeous! I love the worn look you gave the finish on the blade :blush:

2 Likes

Nice blade.

1 Like

Red wine vinegar does wonders :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Though stripping the black coating…not fun

2 Likes

That doesn’t make it polite.

2 Likes

Don’t tell me you sanded it off by hand?! That had to be a pain.

2 Likes

Who said anything about polite? Or being anything other than polite for that matter?

I simply used the vernacular I’m used to using, no need to get triggered over it.

I don’t censor myself to make other people feel good. If someone gets offended at something I say, that’s on them, unless I intended offense to be taken of course (which is usually very obvious because my words would be dripping with malice).

1 Like

Nah, polishing wheel on an angle grinder. Still annoying due to how careful I had to be not to mess up the blade… and I in a burst of “genius” also did the paracord handle first

2 Likes

Bet you felt pretty smart for that didn’t you?
:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Indeed. Like the smartest scientific genius in the galaxy to be exact :joy:
Can’t remember her actual boast. Haven’t Read Tenchi in a decade or two

1 Like

How smart are we talking? Fork in the power socket? Or toaster in the bath?

1 Like

More like “Left my umbrella home and its raining, Oh well shrugs

1 Like

Umbrellas are for chumps, get a cloak.

1 Like

I have three, I think. Though only one is rain proof.

A good wool cloak is a very useful camping tool

Rain proof? Mine is cotton, and it’s fine in the rain. A good cloak will take a long time before it gets soaked through.

1 Like

TMW I’m about to go to sleep because I’ve been up since 5am and it’s quarter til midnight, with two and a half hours of sleep last night

Insomnia is a bitch.

1 Like

My fully rain proof cloak is cotton canvas, saturated with some weatherproofing spray. The wool one takes about an hour or two to get annoyingly wet, though its still warm at that point

1 Like

7 am here. Been up since my 2 hour nap ended at about 4 pm. I guess I should go sleep for a few hours too :thinking:

2 Likes

Speaking of sleep im going to bed