That Moment When 3

That’s okay…

(wait for it)

I won’t bring it up again! :rofl:

2 Likes

That moment when you laugh at how bitchy some people are when sleep is interrupted and now I’m going back to sleep before I become absolutely LIVID! :rofl:

3 Likes

That moment when you wonder what would happen if a beginner posted they’d been woken up by spirits to attend to something, and were met with the suggestion they “sleep like shit” and have flawed priorities, and that, needless to say, the reason cannot have been real spirit contact, so the answer must lie in something they need to do, like take melatonin. :thinking:

Serious comment here btw folks, I laugh things like this off because I’m not looking for validation my experiences are real, I KNOW they are, I also found out what this one was about soon after, but just think how it feels for someone less certain of themselves? :wink:

We have an entire society dedicated, almost fanatically, to ridiculing magick, denying that spirits exist and can contact us, and trying to attach pathology to anyone who has spiritual experiences.

And to get inb4 the inevitable: no, we don’t need a “safe space” where every last concept is greeted with uncritical positive regard, but, leaping for the mundane explanation (with just a hint of condescension) ain’t the dream many of us have for this forum, where members may freely post whatever magickal experiences they like provided they’re not naming third-parties as targets for curses, and so on.

I state this to try and establish some common ground, no more, no less. :smiley:

7 Likes

To be fair they might sleep like shit anyways. There is a reason I sleep in an energy cocoon even without uncanny intuition and various beings feeding me information I have a terrible sleep schedule and already have to deal with getting woken up multiple times in the morning. Most of the time though they don’t actually wake me in the night as most things can wait or wont happen until morning or the next day or my familiars can handle it on their own. Last time I got woken up early by something was a feral troll spirit that wanted to squat out in the backyard and that was just unacceptable and this was before I created my familiars so I had to personally deal with it.
My advice see if you can get earlier warning of things to not have to get up and have broken sleep and contemplate how hard it might be to bring natural disasters.

2 Likes

Can work, but this situation is a cat’s cradle of conflicting magickal work, so each new probability-stream that comes out is changing all the time - tl;dr is that it probably only became live and active in that moment, and needed rapid response. :thinking:

I often do bi-phasic sleep, I can sustain polyphasic for short periods, as i said up above it gives me an edge sometimes, other times various family responsibilities made it a (happy and very welcome) necessity. So I find being woke up less annoying than some, and I went back to sleep another good 4 hours after handling this.

A lot of magicians seem to be insomniacs, I noticed, whether through choice or otherwise.

5 Likes

I think it has to do with the increase in the bodies energy levels that are built up to use magick. I might be able to give something to enhance your foresight abilities and see where that goes but I am wary as active use has gotten me into trouble before but if you want to experiment I’ll pm you the formula and the warning labels that go with it. (Formula as in incantation not some chemical recipe)

Either way through I’m not a happy person if my little bit of sleep is disrupted. Outwardly I might seem nice but inside… well… this fits.

1 Like

Tmw
You send DoMar and DeHak to lock onto a unknown attacker by draining their Crown to shit, and you wake up this morning to your mom telling you your Aunt had a brain aneurysm and had to have brain surgery

Shrugs
Bitch :rofl:

6 Likes

TMW a bed n breakfast with jacuzzi vacay sounds divine.

that moment when…you wake up feeling utterly exhausted. :tired_face:

2 Likes

Been getting frisky with dream succubi? :thinking: :smiley:

2 Likes

I wish.:smiling_imp:

I’ve been listening to @deathreeper’s Song of Belial on loop, and for the first three days I awakened feeling energized but today I just feel completely run down.

3 Likes

That moment when your pendulum doesn’t want to make bloody sense at all…

Tmw
Before breaking limitation through sheer Will, you couldn’t even do 25 push ups.

Tonight, due to breaking that physical limit, you have busted out 50 motherfucking push-ups with few 5 sec breaks inbetween. And can feel the building of strength and power.

The God of Darkness is rising within
Hail Ahriman!! Hail the Black Sun/The Divs/Az-Jehi!!

6 Likes

Have you tried asking Belial why?

1 Like

Energy body and physical body have limits of how much of certain kinds of energy they can take before starting to burn out on it. Give it a break for a few days and then try again.

1 Like

Your sister who’s across the room says stop that when your whispering the demonic version of the enochian keys and the correct version

2 Likes

Looks around for @DarkestKnight. :eyes:

Sometimes you just need your Daddy dom. :cry:

3 Likes

TMW everybody is Haruhi Suzumiya… You’ll either understand what I mean by that or you won’t.

3 Likes

Not yet. I’ve been using the song as a sort of preparatory immersion. I started looping the enn but then switched to the song a few days in. I’m evoking Belial tonight though. Gotta get the party started :slight_smile:

2 Likes

“I don’t like animals at all”

Christian aunt who goes to church every Sunday and all holy days for the past 70 years

I think I found my new excuse when people ask me why I’m not a believer: “I’m not a speciesist.”

4 Likes