That does it! (reached a true turning point in life)

I would never suggest performing any ritual, without understanding its context. LaVeyan Satanism was my introduction to the LHP. There is much I still like about it, but I have moved beyond. What BB said made me think that the LaVeyan philosophy might be a good starting point for her as well.

Thanks Lilithflower. I donā€™t feel comfortable either withproforming rituals with no understanding at all of the context. I do preform ritual yes, but I donā€™t feel like I just blindly jump into them. This particular situation and realization is so new that I am in the reflection and research stage. Iā€™m fine with. It knowing where itā€™s leading yet. Itā€™s made me ready to look further and thatā€™s a great feeling of liberation.

LaVeyan? Iā€™ve been a bit curious about these ideas for years but for whatever reason I never really looked much into it. I wouldnā€™t mind reading through the Satanic Bible. I would imagine I could easily find a pdf copy online.

Lately Iā€™ve been very much into listening to talks by Michael W Ford on the the philosophy of Luciferianism. So far that is completely resonating with me as well. Odd, itā€™s not something I ever thought I would get so into until really stumbled on it.

Iā€™d like to recommend a neat little book on the LHP by Don Webb, former high priest of the Temple of Set, called Uncle Setnaktā€™s Essential Guide To The Left Hand Path. It promotes both personal power and personal responsibility.

ā€œDevelop for yourself a forgiveness of past mistakes. You should have the unconditional love of a mother for your past, and the unconditional harshness of a drill sergeant when meeting the present to Become a Sovereign in the future.ā€

1 Like

You can always just make up your own, vow to be true to your heart, spirit, and best capacities at the time, and be done with?

Thatā€™s sincere and valid if, for example, next week (or next decade!) you decide to become like a Catholic nun :o) because it shows you followed your conscience, and also itā€™s valid if you want to enter true LHP thought (as in, personal authority and values overall), theistic Satanism, Luciferianism, and so on.

JMO there but I think we all put far too much weight on the opinions of other people, and the less secure and powerful we feel, the more we do soā€¦ :\

I just stopped giving a ratā€™s ass about what others think of me. A true god would not care what the peasant sheep think of him or her. Screw what other people say about being selfish, they only make it sound bad because they want you to believe you cannot have everything you desire and the word selfish is yet another way to keep people in control by making them think the pursuit of happiness or having covetous fealings towards others is bad.

Itā€™s a dog eat dog world, survival of the fitess, so in order to get ahead you need to be selfish. You donā€™t have to be a self righteous prick but you need to put your needs and desires first and forget that other people even exist until you need them for something. Focus on you! If someone is bothering you, flip them off and go in the other room and lock the door and meditate. Being selfish to an extent is not bad, you need to think for yourself as if you are the most important person in the world and nothing else matters but you and your ascent. Like I said, you donā€™t have to treat other people badly but when focusing on a goal, in deep thought, or doing something alone keep this attitude in mind and it will help you ascend correctly.

I can see that you desperately want to ascend and things are happening for you at a slow pace but if you want to ascend rapidly do what I told you earlier and when those ā€˜problemsā€™ of yours act out, just ignore them and walk away like they donā€™t even matter. People like that love confrontation and love to start fights and drama so if you ignore them and donā€™t give them the attention they want it makes them mad and will eventually drive them away. Why havenā€™t you told your landlord that they wonā€™t leave and you donā€™t want them there? Your landlord can kick them out if they are not on the lease and tell your landlord you donā€™t want to cause trouble so ask him to pretend like you did not talk to him.

Your landlord will usually act like you never said a word to them and make it seem as if he is kicking them out because he caught them there and theyā€™re not on the lease. Tell you landlord they are controlling, rude, they break things but they refuse to leave because they have nowhere else to go, that they are using you and you are afraid you will lose your apartment because of them. Tell the landlord you did not call the police because one of them is mentally unstable and youā€™re afraid if you call the police and they find out somehow before the police arrive that they will harm you or damage your home.