Thailand Kumanthong charm

Greeting all.
Hey guys, i have heard about the powers of shamans in Thailand and in India and about the evil charmed doll that called Kumanthong, which made from the new born baby and trap the soul of that dead kid inside it . This charm is widely known to be extremely powerful and shall bring the owners wealth, luck and love. My friend is about to buy this charm on her vacation in Thailand next month, thus i want to know if there is anyone here know about this charm, so pls tell me about it.

1 Like

You should add the latter part to your title. Based on what you are seeking, it is misleading.

Its a laaaate reply after 3 years haha but let me a share a little.

Where I live, Kumanthongs and similar items are quite popular but the truth is many people get these items with the wrong idea, example, winning the lottery immediately, having money drop in their laps and delusions like that.

Kumanthongs made in the original way are extremely hard to come by nowadays due to it being illegal and a huge price tag. Old school Kumanthongs are made from an actual fetus where the magician has to perform specific rituals in a cemetery at night and invite spirits to inhabit in it.

Most Kumanthongs nowadays are made in the form of regular statues now with the addition of bones, ashes and corpse oil - which serves as an anchor for the spirit. However, there are cases where adult spirits are ‘put into’ Kumanthong dolls by incompetent or unethical magicians & it can cause problems.

Doing merits and dedicating them to the Kumanthong is a huge part of taking care of one.
The more merits one does, the more the Kumanthong grows in power.

There’s a lot more to this but its a huge commitment and a way of life - many people get bored and dump their Kumanthongs after a period of time and personally this is horrible. Some of the spirits return to wreak havoc on their owners who dumped them away.

2 Likes