Temple of Baal DESTROYED! EDIT: Are the Sphinx & the Pyramids of Egypt Next?

What a shocker! The Temple of Baal just got smashed into pieces, pulverized into fumes! The Gods, especially Baal, must be FUMING right now!

The picture:

Nile released a song & music video about this terrifically insane situation. It’s basically the singer singing from the Islamic State’s viewpoint.

! No longer available

He’s telling us what we already know; Daesh wants to annihilate anything pre-Islamic, anything deemed Satanic, Pagan, but also anything from the Yazidis, the Christians and the Jews.

Magicians like us will NOT be tolerated in the Caliphate! We’ve been warned!

This might be controversial, but in my opinion that was NOT a Temple of Ba’al, it was dusty ruins that had become a sight-seeing destination to gawp at the quaint ways of the past.

Destruction must come before rebirth.

I can think of three distinct situations in my own life, important ones, in which I had to completely give up old relics before the flood of new life could replace them. I like history, museums, but there’s a pathology as well about our tendency to hold onto empty shells.

Rarher than mourning the loss of a disused relic, evoke Ba’al (or Ba’el, opinions vary on that stuff), offer him sweet incense and honey, dates, he seems to like sweet things, burn some pages from a “holy book” of the monotheistic religion of your choice, he seems to like that kind of ritual desecration too.

Carve his sigil into some wood, slate, or marble; or scry something of your own, and give him space in your home, and offerings.

But nothing was lost here, I suspect.

What a horrible loss of antiquity.