Tcw and the glory of god_applications

As always…greetings to all crawlers of the night,

Ok, I FINALLY got my demon claws on a hardbound copy of The Collected Works…now what?

Let me clarify for you all. Obviously, I got what I wanted, which isn’t a bad thing…but now I have ALL that I require and wanted to ask all fellow travelers how they themselves navigated the Dark Waters?

Perhaps in using TCW it depends on what you want right? Obviously I want enlightenment, power, Self-Deification. So, I wanted ask WHAT approaches some of my other brother’s and sister’s of night took in working with it and why?

Personally I was thinking of working TCW like this:

1. OAA material

2. KoF

3. WoD

4. BM

5. EE

6. QaV - I briefly leaved through Questing After Visions and don’t remember what’s in it?

7. Ipissimus - I briefly leaved through Ipissimus and don’t remember what’s in this either! *Give me a break people…I’ve had this for a little more than 24yrs ok?

8. BoA

*SPECIAL CONSIDERATIONS - I also own The Spider and The Green Butterfly, and actually own a copy of BoA as well from Nephilim.

Currently, I’m utilizing & planning the next 6-8 months of my life with the Demons of the BoA. Now, with that being said, I must admit that their are some pretty POWERFUL guys in TCW!

I’m trying to set up a logical system of working this tome, and TS & TGB too, does anybody have ANY suggestions please???

Kind regards,

Mode_439

I’d recommend the OAA material be worked in tandem with the individual books starting with WOD. I haven’t even finished WOD because as I get to a set of exercise that follow along with the OAA material I stop and focus on those exercises until I’ve got them down, then move on. KOF IMO is a grimoire unto itself much like BOA. To me the OAA material is just much more detailed or in depth instructions than what is outlined in the books themselves.

My plan is to supplement the exercises in WOD, EE, QAV and Ipsissimus with the OAA material and then work through the KOF and BOA books so that I can get the most out of them.

I’m in a similar situation, Mode. My opinion is that TWF has the right idea. I’ve been leaning that way myself. It’s fairly obvious to me that many of the OAA exercises are in EA’s material anyway, but in the OAA discourses it just lays out it all out before you in well-structured sequential lessons instead of having to backtrack through all of the books to lay out a plan of action for yourself.

So in essence, working through the flames would be like working through his books, but starting at WoD rather than KoF. Perhaps consider working the Flames and refer to the body of the books when requiring more detail and inspiration. Best of Luck.

I don’t have the Complete Works, but having read Questing last, reading WOD, EE, KoF, BoA and Ipsissimus before it, I would say that I wish I would’ve read that book first. I felt it was the place where a beginner would start, but you may have experience with some of the stuff there already, so who knows.

This is a great thread, as I’ve been trying to figure this out myself in order to work through this behemoth of a tome.

Aside from reading and my own practice, I haven’t done much out of the books as of yet, so it’s good to see how people are pathworking the material. I like the idea of using the OAA exercises inline with WOD, EE, QAV & Ipsissimus and saving KoF and BoA for last. Whew, lots of work ahead.

Equally exciting and daunting at the same time. Just how it should be.

Interesting Metatron on your views that QAV would be good to read first…

I thought it really was the best start in terms of training the spiritual sight, after all, the book is focused primarily on gaining “The Vision”. Since EA places heavy emphasis on the evocation as a, if not the primary God-ascending skill, QAV seemed like the first place to start, since The Vision put together the fruition of several psychic senses, not just clairvoyance. So I got that from QAV, but I have no experience with OAA so the orientation might be different in light of that work.

I started off reading the BOA, then stopped, went to BM, then WOD, then KOF, then finished the BOA, and am a little over 1/2 way through EE. I have read a bit of the OAA material and skimmed through QAV…

[quote=“Mode_439, post:1, topic:1263”]As always…greetings to all crawlers of the night,

Ok, I FINALLY got my demon claws on a hardbound copy of The Collected Works…now what?

Let me clarify for you all. Obviously, I got what I wanted, which isn’t a bad thing…but now I have ALL that I require and wanted to ask all fellow travelers how they themselves navigated the Dark Waters?

Perhaps in using TCW it depends on what you want right? Obviously I want enlightenment, power, Self-Deification. So, I wanted ask WHAT approaches some of my other brother’s and sister’s of night took in working with it and why?

Personally I was thinking of working TCW like this:

1. OAA material

2. KoF

3. WoD

4. BM

5. EE

6. QaV - I briefly leaved through Questing After Visions and don’t remember what’s in it?

7. Ipissimus - I briefly leaved through Ipissimus and don’t remember what’s in this either! *Give me a break people…I’ve had this for a little more than 24yrs ok?

8. BoA

*SPECIAL CONSIDERATIONS - I also own The Spider and The Green Butterfly, and actually own a copy of BoA as well from Nephilim.

Currently, I’m utilizing & planning the next 6-8 months of my life with the Demons of the BoA. Now, with that being said, I must admit that their are some pretty POWERFUL guys in TCW!

I’m trying to set up a logical system of working this tome, and TS & TGB too, does anybody have ANY suggestions please???

Kind regards,

Mode_439[/quote]

I do not own a copy of TCW however I would work upon these books in the following order:

1.) Ipissimus - EA’s semi-autobio and from what I’ve heard on radio shows, his favorite. Would be a nice start to know the man himself and where he comes from.

2.) Questing after Visions - then follow up with clairvoyance

3.) Evoking Eternity - This is where I am now - “performing” the path-workings laid out by EA through evocations.

4.) Kingdom of Flames - which in my eyes is his sequel to EE.

5.) Works of darkness - great book on immersing ones self into true adept-hood.

The other books I view as more reference material for the above.

Pathwork KOF as you’re working through OAA and WOD.

PMaudit,

Thankyou for the suggestion. But I’m also asking that people share their reasoning? So why would I want to work it in this order?

If you can’t evoke, you should utilize EE first or nearly first. I haven’t utilized WoD yet, but it is also a teaching-oriented manual from what I gather. WoD (I believe) teaches sigil and candle magick in more detail, and these will help your evocation work. EE (and WoD if I’m not mistaken) are aimed at teaching the skills you need, assuming little outside experience; though meditation, energy work, visualization, etc., would greatly aide your assimilation of the contents.

The OAA exercises stand on their own, so if you are serious about them, you should work them alongside anything else you do. They will continue to get more advanced with your progression.

Once your basic skills are down, any of the pathworkings from the books that you’re interested in should suffice quite well.

I think Poete Maudit’s suggestion is pretty inline with my suggestion: start with the materials that teach what you need to know, and then as you have the skills choose a pathworking.