Tasseomancy

I can see the star symbol shape that you see up on the left, but that one is tiny.
The one I saw is big and made of most of the main leaves in the middle (it’s an upright pentagram, not inverted), with the face shapes in the centre of it.

I can see the woman shape now as well.

It’s really interesting how so many different shapes can be seen by different people.

2 Likes

Well snap.
I don’t have much reference for Nordic stuff. I guess I should learn more.
Also, how do I ascribe meaning to these various images?

@CovertCreator I see your star, its pretty crazy how I missed it cause its so blatantly in my face right lol. Pretty sweet catch! I was focused on smaller images but nice one and its the whole cup lol.
Comparison:

You’re right it’s amazing how we see different things and yet the same

2 Likes

@Painon I was gonna ask you what you thinking about it all. I mean IMO its clearly Nordic but what does it mean to you? Anything? Family maybe? You identify with anything? Or maybe you’re being called to Seidr.

1 Like

I have no idea honestly. My family is super disconnected and terrible for each other.
As far as Nordic stuff goes I have no connection I know of aside from a big vegvisir tapestry someone gave me at Christmas. It seems to be constantly shimmering and moving when I look at it.

1 Like

Well maybe someone’s trying to get your attention! I’d do another tea and ask the questions you seek answers to. Could be an interesting read 'specially now. You don’t think it strange/coincidental to be given this as a gift? I’m a big fan of tapestries, if you get a chance and if you can, get a pic cause I’d love to see that.

1 Like

Here you go! Also, I didn’t know you actually asked things of the tea. I thought you just sort of, saw what you saw and had to extrapolate and figure it out.

Ignore the super trashy coffee mug. It was another gift that I had to promise to display. I personally hate it.

1 Like

Yes !!! @VROSS you got it :grinning:
Nice one for drawing those lines on it. And isn’t it cool the way those faces are right in the middle too?
Must be down to @Painon’s nifty, skillful bit of tealeaf swilling :grinning:

2 Likes

Well, at least if I’m terrible at everything I can be a successful tea drinker. :+1:

3 Likes

Lol. You got skillz though. Drink tea and rule the world :grinning:

I know nothing about how to interpret what the shapes mean. My Nan used to read tea leaves all the time, among other things but she passed away before I was old enough to have the sense to learn it. I remember thinking it was just one of her hobbies but she took it quite seriously and read other peoples too. My dad used to call her a witch lol, so she must have been able to do some cool stuff.
I wish now that I learned what else she could do.

Like @UnseelieDiabolus said, it’s personal to the one who drinks the tea. You moved those leaves as you drank it and it was your action of moving them, or putting them into place as you swirl them around and tip them upside down before reading.
Having that ‘sense’ of how much to swirl the cup is an important part of the technique. You stired up some cool shapes so must have got that part right. Now I guess the fun part is finding out what it means. :+1:

2 Likes

@Painon I’m lovin’ the tapestry and that’s a seriously gorgeous candlestick. Mug lol yeah Im feeling it. Something wants your attention maybe asking questions while making the tea is a good way to start a conversation. Cuneiform on the altar :sunglasses:

1 Like

@CovertCreator yeah the faces are real cool which is why I’m so sure its something that wants his attention. Im digging the tea skills lol.

2 Likes

@VROSS, @Dralukmun, @Teras390,@UnseelieDiabolus,@Whitehowlite Have you seen the other faces yet? Just below the pentagram, below the red lines?
It’s half way to the bottom middle and just slightly to the left, looks like someone is looking to the left .

To the right of the pentagram, within the open red triangle? Looks like two cute animals faces snuggling in together.

This is a really interesting topic @Painon. Thanks for posting it.
So,Tasseomancy. I never knew this had a name.

Ok so it’s for devination and fortune telling?

2 Likes

@VROSS @CovertCreator
I’ll have to try tomorrow as I’m at work right now.
I’m definitely curious of something trying to get my attention. I’ve already got a weird group going so why not get weirder.

2 Likes

@CovertCreator I see the face looking left and the snuggling animals, this is so layered right!?

1 Like

I sure hope you guys aren’t just having a laugh at my expense. :slight_smile:

No!
I use animal bone for divination so in that sense it’s quite a serious practice for me. For me with things like tea its not just about seeing the faces or other images its about feeling/intuition and we all have that ability, its just practice but you already know this as I’m sure you’re skilled in other areas.

1 Like

No, we are not having a laugh. I think it’s really interesting the way that the seemingly simple things we do in life can show a connection to ‘other’ things going on.
Like with dream interpretation.
And like I said, I don’t know how to interpret the meanings of what is seen but I do think there is something that can be shown to you by this sort of thing.

Yes @VROSS those are the other faces :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Have a look at this doodle:

So firstly, ignore that White line at far right. I’ll come back there later.

Let’s start with the 3 characters floating horizontally in the centre of this cup. Image as is with North, South, East, West orientation the child is on top reaching up to the left hand of the woman in the centre and the man is below her (to her right).

So I’ve sort of circled them as a group in Green and then sort of separated them with the Red lines. The Blue arrow is pointing to something she’s holding in her left hand. Now, I’ve seen that image before on statues and in art forms from all over the world. White arrow, Notice her headdress? Its either a heaadpiece or I’m looking at an anthropomorphic being! I say this because look at the man, see the Light Blue arrows pointing at his feet, see how claw-like they look? Notice his right leg is bent see the right foot? Look at that left foot!!

Heres the really crazy part!!!:upside_down_face: Both the man and the woman, I’ve seen those representations in Mesopotamian/Babylonian artwork. The dress style, the stylisation. And we literally just mentioned that @Painon has Cuneiform text on his altar!!

But how is that linked to the Norse !? Its way too long a history lesson for this single post but I’m sure anyone on here that’s familiar with the history of Seidr could expand upon it. This is Mindblowing!!! I’m having a meltdown!!!

2 Likes

Oh I forgot the yellow arrow :scream: its there to show how his left arm crosses over her right foot. These are 3 people, People!!

1 Like