Tarot, true or false?

Hi everyone, I have worked through the mastering divination course. I was wondering about others experiences with reversed meaning, but primarily the three card yes/ no spread. I got this spread out of a book it wasn’t part of the course. I’ve found it to be inaccurate. You ask a yes/no question, then when you lay down three cards if all the cards are right side up, that’s a yes. If there is one card upside down and two right side up, that’s a maybe. And so on. Does anyone know any alternative methods to obtain a yes/no answer with Tarot? Thanks for your time.

1 Like

Yes, I shared one originally devised by tarot.com (I’m not an affiliate or anything, just a customer of theirs) in this topic: Yes No answers with Tarot - #8 by bodomite

This is their page for the product, I have forgotten the creator’s name:

I find services like that useful when your questions are too weird for a human reader, they’re pretty accurate in my experience as well.

3 Likes

I don’t think that Tarot is meant to be answer yes or no questions, just word your questions to yield a more quantifiable answer. Instead of asking, “Does Tim have a crush on me?” Ask, “If I asked Tim out, what would be the result?”

11 Likes

Thanks for your reply. I’ll definitely try it.

1 Like

Yeah, go by the feelings and inspiration of the card. If it feels like success, that’s a yes. But Tarot is not really binary, for instance if it describes an obstacle, that is not necessarily a no, simply an obstacle. Something to overcome to get that yes. And it depends on the context of the question. The Tower or Death could easily be a yes.

2 Likes

If you want Yes/No use I Ching or clean and consecrate some coins using these exclusively for Yes/No.

Al.

4 Likes

I wish i could get answers that easily and simply but personally I dont believe it works that way with tarot. Tarot is meant to dig deep and give insight, not be a yes or no tool. That’s more of what a pendulum is for.

3 Likes

I also have trouble with yes or no questions i also am unorthodox in mythe methodology and just go with the pictures on my card are.

It’s not entirely the same thing but I remember E.A talking about a guy that visited him and used a pendelum during evocation and to him it didn’t move at all but the guy using it didn’t need it to he used his inuition i hope this helps at all

2 Likes

You could use a pendulum instead of tarot to have yes/no/maybe answers

2 Likes

I don’t think that the I Ching is useful for yes or no questions either in my experience.

1 Like

Pendulums have been useful in my experience, that is why I suggested to use them instead. Good luck with getting them to work for you

2 Likes

Pendulums rule, but you have to out in a long lead-time of practicing on almost everything to be able to get solid results.

The good part is, by the time your results are reliable, you won’t need the pendulum and can use the feeling in your hand, which is really useful in a meeting or in public settings.

3 Likes

Love I Ching
Although in reading answers with the traditional books response meaning to the coin’s spread can be abstract. Its a matter of accepting the meaning rather than strictly analysing the text as relates to the lines pattern

2 Likes

Read the internal hexagrams as well.

Al.

1 Like

Try 5 cards. If you get maybes, the cards will at least give you an idea of why.
They were meant to tell a story so it’s a little tricky getting an absolute yes or no and feel confident about it.

1 Like

Yeah I will try that. The Tarot is favorite method of divination, but I may have to use a different method for yes and no answers. I have had some real good suggestions here. Thanks for everyone’s replies.

2 Likes

Yeah i learn a lot on this forums
I know that you said cards but pendulums are y n m

2 Likes

Yeah I have a hard time trusting pendulums. But may give it a shot.

1 Like

Yes/No

Form a hexagram. If each two lines – starting at the bottom - is dominated by a male line on top this means yes, except the last two lines at the top which must be inverted.

………………… These two lines are NO because you need to swap their position
……X………
………………… These two lines are YES because the unbroken line is on top
…….X ……….
………………… These two lines are YES
…………………

Do not interpret the hexagrams in Yes/No questions.

Al.

2 Likes

one card draw. upright for yes reversal for no.

2 Likes