Tarot exercises

Yeah i probably spell it wrongly
But the most popular clasic decks are marseilles and rider waite
Well thoth too but thats another story
The thing is they are 2 completely different schools of tarot they approach the reading and the cards in a very different way
Marseilles is omder and more traditional
As rider waite was called something like the corrected tarot
In marseilles strenght card is 11 and the justicecard 8
Contrary to rider
This numeric change changes the whole journeyof the fool under different understandings of the tarot and the world itself as expressed different in the cards

So you see is two very differen views
This is the marseilles tarot

I

1 Like

I see. So the best thing to do is to test each new deck to see which kind of reading it does better to ensure that I have a deck for both situations.

I would suggest rider based for advise and terapeuthical readings
Youll know is based in rider because strenght will be 8
And marseilles based to do predictive strenght card been 11

Usually the system in which they are based will make them easier to work for sone purpose or the other

1 Like

In that case I might have to pick up the marseilles deck since I’m pretty sure my second deck is based on the Rider Waite system.

Yeah if you want predictive readings i suggest getting a marseilles based tarot deck
Also it could be a good exceesise to think deeply in the change of nunbers of this cards
And to analise the fools journey in bith systems
To briefly approach the analisis
The strengh card indicates patience like postergating yoursel for the long term benefit
Tje justice card indicates a full understanding of cause and effect
In rider the journey teaches before the strengh like having patience and by observation learning cause and effect in a way
But marseilles shows the justice card first
Is a good excersise to analise how that changes
Is like marseilla is understanding cause and effect before learning patience
You get what i mean?
So whatever the illustration the base system changes

1 Like

I see what you mean about the journey of the fool. I didn’t think the order of the cards mattered but it makes sense when you put it like that.

1 Like

Now there is another thing wich can block your readings that is a bad developed spread
Whenever you develop a spread try to replicate an existing system do not use imcomolete systems

For example if you areasking “what does she feels and thinks about me” then you are asking about water emotions feelings and air thought
This can lead to a vage reading
You should add earth what are her real actions towards you
And fire her intentions
Then everything will gain perspective

Now lets say you are developing a reading based onthe 7 clasical planets of astrology
You cannot place a card for mercury (comunication)
Between jupiter and saturn it will be just confusing mostofthe times
So try to replicate the order of the system you are using along with its shape
:wink:

1 Like

I usually just shuffle, spread the cards out, pick one and then do that two more times. I never learned any actual spreads.

You are aplying the rule of 3 thats good
In a way manifestation in the tarot is the empress card number 3
So in my case in order to use this number for the truth to manifest itself
I shiffle as many times as i feel like it
Then i cut in 3 and join the lots randomly

I think i can teach you some good basic spreads
For you to start using them

1 Like

Thank you, I would appreciate that.

Ok i will pm you
To do it better

2 Likes

Teodoro totally rocks.

Blackmore

Also…most of my decks I have noticed are almost like bonding with children and animals. They like to be held, skin to card contact. Seriously, no joke. I bonded really well every time I held them in my hands, shuffled and placed them near my heart. Don’t forget to cleanse and lay out crystals to help read.
Diogenes

2 Likes

I should probably learn how to do that

I use quartz, black tourmaline and hematite. I will use essential oils when I read, things such as patchouli or cedar oils. Cleanse and clear your spaces, say a prayer of protection over the reading.

Until you have completed the bonding, never allow anyone else to touch your deck.

Place the cards on your bare chest next to your heart. It is just like a new baby, really. My best to you, Blackmore.
Diogenes

1 Like

That’s very helpful, thank you.