Tarot cards

I would say go to a store where you can hold and look at the decks. There will be a couple or maybe just one that calls you. That is the one you bring home.

2 Likes

You can also get a good idea by viewing different decks online, but Nikki is correct - you should look (hold) at them in real life. I hated the Rider/Waite deck because decades ago you could only get the horrid colourings of Pamela Colman Smith. Once the Rider/Waite deck was republished in different coloured versions I recognised it for how brilliant it is, but I don’t use it. I use Thoth.

Al.

1 Like

I got the Rider/Waite as my first deck and it just did not resonate with me at ALL. I hated it. I just got it because “it is the right deck to get” as everyone said… But I gave it away.

I have bought decks online for myself and my daughter. I thought I got one for me and one for her but when we got them it was just the opposite. The ones I’d purchased for me did not click with me and went to her and the ones I’d expected to be hers “chose” me. They like stones have their own personality and “mind.” What an amazing world we live in when you are opened up to the magick in it.

1 Like