Tarot as the means to influence future

Hello all!

I’ve been thinking about this for a while. Tarot can be used to foretell future. However, can it be used to change future as well? For example, if I’m not satisfied with how the cards foretell my financial situation could I somehow manipulate fate with the cards on the table or in my deck? Or is there a different method one could use?

Thank you so much for your help!

2 Likes

This book might interest you:
Portable Magic: Tarot Is the Only Tool You Need Paperback –
by Donald Tyson

Here is a brief description:
“Tyson’s efficient system of tarot magic is based on the Golden Dawn tradition, which corresponds with tarot imagery. He teaches how to work magic on the astral level by projecting one’s awareness into the ritual tarot layout. Learn how to set up an astral temple, build an altar, cast a magic circle, and create a triangle through which to actualize your purpose. This innovative guide to tarot magic also includes rituals related to unions, business, banishing, and evoking elementals.”

3 Likes

E.A. answered it on youtube, thank you so much all! I hope this is going to help everyone!

Thank you as well Custer, I’ll give that book a look if I can!

2 Likes

Thanks for bringing this topic up, @yaldaba0th - great question. I really enjoyed E.A’s answer on youtube. A book I have had success with is “Tarot Spells” by Janina Renee published by Llewellyn. The spells might be a bit light and folksy especially for a lot of members of this forum, but I haven’t had a spell fail me from this collection yet.

Having said that, temptation got the better of me and I have succumbed and got the Tyson book!

1 Like

Which book do you prefer? I don’t have a lot of tools and no money (so far I haven’t had any luck with Bune or anything), but I have a deck of cards. If I could save up for just one book, because even $12 or so is very hard to come by, which book would be the best?

1 Like

yes. read this
https://www.becomealivinggod.com/orleestewart/ritual

1 Like

This post gave me an awesome idea.

Instead of asking the cards the future and drawing them, lay out the cards that would represent the future you want then declare them to be the future. Kinda like casting a sigil, but different.

2 Likes

That is what Orleee does in her ritual. She traps your future into the cards then she changes it to fit your desires.

2 Likes

Interesting choice of words. Basically using the cards to act like a sieve to filter out the futures that would interfere with the desired result.

2 Likes

If you want to read it I posted it above in the comment.

Out of the two books I mentioned, I would go with the Tarot Spells Janina Renee option. I remember the Tyson book being very complex and I struggled through a few chapters and gave up as I wasn’t enjoying it.
Having said all that I think the way I would go now is to do a tarot reading in a ritual setting and in a place where the spread can stay laid out for a while on a given subject/question. If cards came up that I had serious problems with, I would replace them with cards I liked, open them like sigils and send my will through the whole thing to take the matter into my own magickal hands.

1 Like

Yes I’m with you there Aquas :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks for the recommendation! Kind of reminds of The Vision of Escaflowne.

Erm that went so far over my head I thought it was a jumbo jet lol :slight_smile:

1 Like