Target Practise

righteo…

so, i’ve grown weary with life and very little manages to keep my interest these days. recently, i’ve been thinking that i’ve not yet been the target of a curse, and i’m wondering what that’s like.

so, i’m opening up the invitation to any and all who are interested. feel free to curse me with whatever you’ve got, but only one curse allowed per person.

also, i’m perfectly capable of ruining my own life, so that’s not what i’m looking for. none of this losing-your-job or dinging-your-car or getting arrested crap! i’m talking serious cursing with the intention of death only, please. nereid, in light of your recent success, i’m hoping you’ll join in.

in the event that one of the curses is successful, i’m leaving my books and all my magical stuff to virdon djinn. i thought i should mention that now, you know, just in case.

this is a serious invitation. you needn’t respond if you are interested so as not to tip me off or whatever, but i ask that if you intend to participate, that you take this exercise seriously.

kind regards, james.

Can I at least get your Strat? Just kidding…but seriously.

Couldn’t enough curses that are not quite strong enough to kill by themselves kill you due to their multiplied effect (think multiple stab wounds)? How would you or the person/s cursing you know who was effective? Also how would we know it worked and killed you? You can’t exactly log on and give a status update if your dead. Just thinking out loud.

I won’t be attempting this, selfishly I enjoy your posts/advice/insight too much to deprive myself should it work.

could i entice you with a vitriolic tirade of insults and jests?

i’m not at all sure how the mechanics of a curse(s) actually work, so anything’s possible. that’s not my focus right now. and you’d know it worked because i wouldn’t be online in a couple weeks and virdon djinn can’t get be on the phone. he knows where i live so he can always rock up and find out if i’m dead or what, and take my stuff along home with him. oh, and he’d post here telling you all what happened lol.

and yes, i wouldn’t know who was most responsible, but i’m not fussed about that. if you want to get scientific, each participant could opt for a mode of death (car accident, shooting, stabbing, fire, honeybadgers…) and that might give some indication. naturally, suicide is out of the question as that kinda invalidates the test (in that it was an action i brought to myself rather than an act of “fate” or nature).

i’m even contemplating cursing myself, but how the hell would that work?

and in all likelihood, i’d be fine. if i was harmed to such a degree that i ended up in hospital and required intensive care, i would count that as a success, for sure. not 100% but i’ve never been in hospital because of anything like that (just to get my wisdom teeth out etc) so it would be a particularly unusual event for me.

i would also pay natural occurrences like brain aneurysms, inexplicable heart attack etc. i’m not quite 30 years old, so those would be unlikely at my age.

but don’t forget the obvious! bar fights (god it’s been a while since i’ve been in a good bar fight:)… random stabbings/shootings, hold-ups/assaults, honeybadgers…

no gas leaks tho. got other people living here too and they’re cool.

seriously calling for someone to try something on me. i’ve got to have pissed someone off around here enough to wanna curse me!

don’t make me have to do it myself!

-tj

Ok, so your just looking to see if someone or a group is capable of killing you. Do you plan to change anything in your magical practices while this experiment is conducted? For example would you stop doing energy work (if you do such) and things of that nature to lower your resistance to attack ie be an average Joe or would you be carrying on as normal?

You could indeed curse yourself. By constantly being on the lookout for a curse from another you could be attracting negative energy/events to you. It may not be fatal but it could be a huge pain in the ass. If you had a significant amount of self loathing and a death wish you might be able to cause your own demise. I’ve heard of people who have been through a curse before developing a magic form of PTSD where they constantly worry that when they get a touch of bad luck that someone is working on them which causes them to draw in even more negativity due to their fear.

You could try planning your own curse out and see if I takes effect as well. I am quite interested to see if any here will take you up on it or at least tell you they are.

yeah i’d like some kind of verification that my offer’s been taken up, but i understand if people wouldn’t want to say that directly. i’ll be performing my usual work. just LBRP nightly before bed and whatever evocations (completely unrelated to any of this) i see fit. i still have to get around to that item charging experiment i was going to post about. i’m planning on it this week (maybe tomorrow before school goes back for the week)… but there’s no great rush, and there’s no purpose to the ritual. just to charge and inhabit an object so i can carry and apply the entity’s power at will and as needed. i will not be using magical defenses, servitors, sentry spirits or anything like that. just my meditations, LBRP nightly and whatever i was planning to do, anyway.

and as to your first question, yes, i’m just looking to see if anybody would like to take a shot at using magic to kill me, plain and simple. death wish? check. self-loathing? check! but that doesn’t mean i’m attracting negativity. negative people, perhaps, and less-than-ideal situations at times, but nothing that bad. well, nothing bad enough to make me worry about it. and i won’t be looking over my shoulder for a curse which may or may not come. i’ve invited it, so i’m content to just wait and watch.

-tj

[quote=“tiberius_james, post:5, topic:1093”]and as to your first question, yes, i’m just looking to see if anybody would like to take a shot at using magic to kill me, plain and simple. death wish? check. self-loathing? check! but that doesn’t mean i’m attracting negativity. negative people, perhaps, and less-than-ideal situations at times, but nothing that bad. well, nothing bad enough to make me worry about it. and i won’t be looking over my shoulder for a curse which may or may not come. i’ve invited it, so i’m content to just wait and watch.

-tj[/quote]

I get what your saying. I was only saying I’ve heard of people attracting negativity through a negative mind state which in turn caused more negativity. A self fulfilling prophecy of misery brought on only by their own paranoia and irrational fears.

Just to play devil’s advocate on the cursing of ones self perhaps your death wish and self loathing manifested itself into this exact situation, tempting others to kill you to test their own abilities. Who knows…just a thought.

Well, that’s a nice coincidence and it feels like it’s the opportunity I was looking for to test some things (I was wondering if it is possible to curse in order to kill or punish someone without knowing their name or how they look like) but I will have to agree with what TheWanderingFool has said, I also enjoy your posts and I apreciate your advice so this means that I definitely don’t want to kill you James.

wanderingfool: i wouldn’t go so far as to say that they manifested this situation. if anything, i manifested it by posting the OP. i’m sure i attract some negativity in my life from time to time but it’s nothing significant. i live a little too close to the edge sometimes, but i need that kind of stimulation to feel alive. in that place, it’s kind of too much or too little, and there’s rarely ever a middle ground. as such, i like to see how far i can push the extremes.

and nereid, not wanting to kill me doesn’t mean not wanting to curse me. like you said, it provides you the opportunity to test your system. i feel you’re quite an accomplished magician, as are many of us here (yet not all), and the last thing i want is to be cursed by some gung-ho halfwit who doesn’t know the first thing about astral dynamics.

but, as you say, you don’t want to do it. and if you don’t want to do it, you won’t be able to, when it comes to magic.

i would really like this experiment to amount to something, though. i want to know what it feels like to have death stalking me, and to become a victim of a series of violent and unavoidable events which may ultimately prove highly lethal.

are there seriously no takers on this one?

-tj

Ahh, but if you didn’t have the desire to see if you could cause your own destruction you wouldn’t have posted the op.

Don’t lower your defenses, taking on someone who is purposely making themselves helpless sounds less appealing to me.

Agreeing with this. If you’re going to deliberately make yourself a magickal target, you should at least make it interesting. Perhaps not going so far as to throw out a counter-curse, but you should make it a challenge at the least.

… of course, this is YOUR death wish, so play it however you like.

But yeah, no one is actually going to tell you if they accepted or not most likely. Even if you asked for it, letting someone know is a bad idea as it brings other elements into the equation. For example you might be anxiuously anticpating the announced attack which could effect how it comes.

[quote=“tiberius_james, post:8, topic:1093”]and nereid, not wanting to kill me doesn’t mean not wanting to curse me. like you said, it provides you the opportunity to test your system. i feel you’re quite an accomplished magician, as are many of us here (yet not all), and the last thing i want is to be cursed by some gung-ho halfwit who doesn’t know the first thing about astral dynamics.

but, as you say, you don’t want to do it. and if you don’t want to do it, you won’t be able to, when it comes to magic.[/quote]
Yes I know… I want to test this system but I’m not sure if this is going to work if I have second thoughts during the operation… I will have to think about it though.
But I also agree with what defectron has just said.

In the event you are successfully killed, would you object to being channeled for a post-experiment post-mortem?

I figure this is a fairly unique situation and you could shed some light from the otherside that may be useful

Torture is so much more fun though

Tiberius,

This sudden urge to be cursed. Could this be a result of your " Lake of fire" experience? Perhaps try balancing yourself with an angelic entity and then see how you feel after that. Honestly Tiberius, even though I’ve never met you I would be pissed and sad if something bad was to happen to you. It’s bad enough what’s happened to Zechariah. Hell, you don’t want that shit hanging over your head. I know your looking for stimulation, man buy a motorbike and hit the highway for a while. No one wants to see you hurt or gone. PM me if you want to talk. Take care.

If only the Lemarchand’s box was real, hmm?

He already owns a Harley, Sadie. How about we just work on finding you a decent, compatible redhead, Tiberius. I’ll be up for working on that if it means you’ll wanna to stick around this plane a bit longer and make useful contributions to this community, not to mention being one of the only dudes in this city I can actually relate too and learn cool shit from.

All females are most welcome as my girlfriend likes to party along with me !