Taoist Robe For Weather Magick

Hi everyone, my new ritual robe has recently arrived and I think people would be interested in knowing its rich history. This robe is known as “The Authority Over Heaven and Earth Robe” the design was famously used in 208 AD during The Battle Of The Red Cliffs in China. Its main use is Taoist weather magick, communication with weather Gods, storm summoning and nature manipulation and it is usually worn by a senior Taoist priest. You will notice that the robe is square and made entirely from one piece of fabric, it has no sleeves. The square shape represents Earth, when the priest opens up his arms the four corners of the robe represent the four directions. Unlike many other Taoist robes, this one is mostly black. Weather practitioners wear black to help manifest dark stormy clouds during rituals. The border decoration consists of clouds, swirls, and fenghuangs (mystical birds) Clouds are viewed as auspicious because they bring us rain and they are strongly associated with dragons. The silver colour represents the source of all qi, silver is the colour of energy in its purest form.

Black absorbs light and qi whilst white deflects it. When wearing a black robe the practitioner will be able to “take in” more energy which in turn creates better results during the ritual. Combined with white and grey, the practitioner will become one with the energies of the Taiji. I look forward to wearing this for my future workings and I will keep you all updated with my magick.

6 Likes

Pretty cool. Is there a way to keep the sleeves from sliding down when you move around? Something else I always wondered about when I see your pictures is your sword, kind of an odd choice, given your focus.

1 Like

Thank you, yes, I have the option of adding little pieces of string that attach to the ends of the sleeves and you can wrap them around your thumbs, it keeps everything in place. The sword has been with me for years now, it is quite heavy and very durable, I will probably upgrade to a Seven Star Peachwood sword later this year.

1 Like

That’s so gorgeous! Could we have a closer look to the border decoration?

1 Like

That would be cool to own! For some reason costumes always make me happy.

1 Like

I was going to mention those, but figured there might be a reason not to be using one I wasn’t aware of. I know that the ones from specific holy mountains are supposed to be better, but given how easy peach wood would be to get, I would thing that it would be more effective to make your own. That way if you want to do something atypical to it to help your practice it will be easier.

Thank you. You can see the birds much better here.

2 Likes

Yes! It looks perfect! Thank you!

1 Like

After a few days of using the robe, I have noticed a massive change in my rituals. I am now able to summon wind in half the amount of time and the spell is much longer lasting.

3 Likes