Taking on aspects of an entity?

Hello everyone. Today i am asking for information related to aspects and entities. Ive read recently that as you work with a demon for a long time you can start to behave like them and take on certain aspects of theirs. My question is does this phenomenon work with angels/gods/spirits as well. If i was to work with…lets say Azrael, would i slowly take on the same aspects as him? any help with this topic would be great. also if this has happened to you please tell me.

~Thank you, and may you be blessed.

1 Like

Yes, it works with all beings. You generally become energetically more like those you hang out with, whether it’s humans, or spirits.

3 Likes

It’s more personality quirks if anything. You won’t just start having death energy from hanging around Azrael if anything you’ll have energy latch onto you from being around him like with anyone else.

1 Like

gotcha. so personality wise you would start to gain the same quirks. Ok i think i understand better. yea i was recently told from a spirit about the “dangers” of working too much with a spirit you dislike due to gaining their aspects. Very interesting stuff

1 Like

very interesting.

1 Like

In one of his books, EA Koetting talks about taking on demonic characteristics after a particularly heavy stint of demonic evocations. He began to see the world from a demon’s point of view. He developed an arrogance of superiority, found normal people and the problems of every day life beneath him, etc. He also noted that when he had need to evoke an angel, the entire operation felt unnatural to him.

3 Likes

so it seems that when you grow accustomed to one type of entity then evoking others may seem unnatural and could possibly a bit difficult to summon them. Thank you for the information. i wonder if this also applies to subcategories like from different demon types or different angel types.

It’s all based on the energies. If you work for a while with heavy, dense forces, like the demonic, for example, then switch to a being that is light, and airy, like an angel, it will feel almost wrong because of what you are used to, and been saturated with.

The subcategory question is an interesting one because there are some angels that are closer to the demonic in the feel of their energy, like those found in Koetting’s grimoire Kingdoms of Flame, but they are still clearly angels, though not as celestial as, say, an archangel.

1 Like

yes someone like Samael would probably feel very demonic but still an angel. also i figure any fallen angel would be like this aswell.

1 Like

I haven’t yet met Samael, but Azrael felt a bit like a shadow to me, but still with the full presence of an archangel. I could feel his immensity in the dark, and even sense his wings, even though I could not see them (I used Jareth Tempest’s pathworking to make contact and in it the angel stands in a darkened room).

2 Likes

Taking on the characteristics of something in order to better improve aspects of your life (or even short-term and for manipulative purposes) is a channeling technique that I like to use at times. Not just with entities, but with egregorian concepts, as well.

You can learn to channel it and control it given time and effort. I hesitate to call it vampiric, but it’s very late in the night and I can’t quite think of another way to put it, right now.

You can borrow the characteristics of any spirit, but most often it just happens as you work closely together with one. Similar to what Darkest said, you more or less just gain the characteristics of those around you.

It’s very late in the night so I apologize if this sounds a little all over the place.

3 Likes