Taboo interactions between sorcerers

We are practitioners of taboo. We bend and control taboo :grin:, but of course, there are some things not even sorcerers should do. What do you guys think about soul travelling to another magician to ask him a question? Is this worthy of a curse? If someone were to travel to you without consent, and ask you a question, would you be angry? What about a telepathic message? Where do you cross the line? Or does it simply come down to the all invasive intention of that person? What are additional taboos in your opinion?

1 Like

Ohā€¦ pleaseā€¦ thatā€™s like beginner stuff, soul travelling to another magician or using telepathyā€¦
And thatā€™s coming from a beginner herself :smile:

But yeah Iā€™m sure it would piss off some practitioners anyways if they are not willing or you are threateningā€¦ otherwiseā€¦ itā€™s no taboo, no for me at leastā€¦

2 Likes

Eh if they are not tryin to dick with me or come with ill intent i dunno that I would care. Dunno if i would notice who it was specifically while in my day to day work mode outside of a slight ping in the background.

2 Likes

I think that depends on how you define a taboo. In Shinto, a taboo is a natural cause that is dirty, or can spread disease, or harms nature in a substantial way. A person is not doing something wrong by being dirty but if they simply accept that they are dirty without limiting harm, it can cause more harm. This is why in Japan the simple act of pooping is technically a taboo that is purified by ritual bathing and prayer to Kami. You wash away the dirty things and apologize to nature for making a dirty place or doing a dirty action. Itā€™s justified because you cannot force yourself to be un-dirty, but itā€™s better to reconcile in Shinto thought.

In the LHP, taboos still exist, itā€™s just that you either a). Make your own taboos for your own development, or b). Transcend religious taboo to the point where only logic can rule your actions. We are not shutting out taboo and deciding to do what we want, nor do we embrace taboo, rather we are recognizing that it is simply not always a good idea to be dirty or to kill something in the name of Satan, Set, Babalon or whoever you work with, but killing or being dirty is a way life works sometimes. To use taboo in the name of our gods would make us no better than RHP hypocrites who submit to their passive God. So we must use our own logic to do the best action for our desired outcome.

3 Likes

Tell me - this individual who has been bothering you. Have they given you license to tell them to leave you alone? Have you asked them to leave you alone? Are they aware that itā€™s a taboo - have you told them this is a taboo? Donā€™t put down to malice what can be attributed to ignorance.

There is as far as I am aware no Debrettā€™s Guide to Magickal Etiquetteā€¦

3 Likes

No one is bothering me. Iā€™m just wondering

1 Like

Yes. I didnā€™t invite you. Those who walk in without my permission, may not walk out. Donā€™t come into my space.[quote=ā€œJohn_Doe, post:1, topic:20209ā€]
Where do you cross the line?
[/quote]

Donā€™t fuck with me or I will fuck with you back. That simple. I other words, leave me alone and fuck off lol.

4 Likes

I feel like this is directed towards me because in my ā€œchallenge for 100 beginning mages and magessesā€ you asked if you could soul travel into me. And i said no. It all boils down to my ethics. I WILL not allow people to do some things. And on a broader more public opinion i would state this for everyone soul traveling into someone is AKIN To possession once you soul travel into someone your there it would take a lot to push you out. And yes it is a NOOB QUESTION with hidden agendas you shouldnt be pissed off jist because someone is unwilling to let you possess them by soul traveling INTO THEM does this resonate with anyone else besides OP that my point is valid and should be taken with caution perhaps your intent is to see how powerful some other mages are and siphon their power into your etheral double. I SEE your reasons for doing it. Everyone else should be asking you the same

5 Likes

That seems like a very loaded question, the ā€œshouldā€ carries a heavy moral weight, almost ready to turn on a dime into accusations of ā€œYouā€™re no better than (insert group commonly not respected on here).ā€

The bigger issue is that actions, and choices, have consequences, sometimes beyond what can be imagined - be that recklessly inviting someone to soul travel into you, or foolishly assuming you can do this without consent (or where consent is withdrawn) and not run into problems.

Taboos are social constructs, like fairness and justice, which (as black magicians) we may sometimes not have a lot of respect for, so itā€™s misleading to place that term at the centre of what can or should be done.

Acting on a desire to abuse someoneā€™s trust or overpower them doesnā€™t rely on a constuct, which is a form of agreement between people about what a thing will mean - acting on that desire is an action which may generate a reaction. What meaning people attach to these things will have no bearing on the reality of the reaction, any more than crying ā€œItā€™s not fair!ā€ will stop an avalanche.

Thatā€™s my 2Ā¢.

5 Likes

How did you know?

1 Like

How did i know what? What your doing!!!

2 Likes

The answer I have to your question is no, itā€™s not ok to go to someone uninvited. Even if it was invited in the past but that consent has been withdrawn. You could not physically just invite yourself into someoneā€™s home in your physical body. Why is it ok because you choose to take a nonphysical form? Especially if it involves doing something to that personā€™s body, physical or astral. Entering them. taking their astral or spiritual bodies. Hurting them. Stealing from them is wrong.

I am not even sure why you would ask this question. This is a question that you already know the answer to. Are you looking for others to give approval to such actions? If so, to what end? It. Is. Wrong. If it was a friend the offense is even more grievous, hurtful and unforgiveable.

2 Likes

No honeyā€¦ not me. I would never do something like that to someone. Maybe i read your response to the question wrong. I donā€™t hurt anyone.

Ah ok. And it was the user ā€œfireā€ who asked me. But my response on this thread should warrant some serious thought

2 Likes

It did. That is why i asked you what i did. I wish i was smarter, like you. And i thought from your answer that you had forseen something i didnā€™t OR you had similar experiences as i have had. I just wish i had been smarter. But live and learn i guess. Right?

To add to my first reply not only does this action not warrant a curse because unless someone broke your ā€œcodeā€ as a black magician then i say throw a curse on them its the easiest form of magick hence why its so dangerous. Much like murder is illegal not because of taking someones life. But because its easy thats what makes it so dangerous (thank you the hills have eyes 2. You have ruined my life) moving on. 1st. If your a new magican first thing you want to do is curse a shitload of people 2. You have no ā€œcodeā€ if your just throwing curses and you have the mentality of ā€œthrowing cursesā€ ive spoken with users like @TheStorm for instance i respect him as a magician. He has told me NO and it got me thinking. He HAS A CODE OF ETHICS. And he just doesnt curse anyone and everyone ( i assume) but from our private conversations i got a feel for his code quite quick. Ive had my code for YEARS. What does yours say?

1 Like

Quite the good point.@TheStorm i seek to become the most powerful black magician of it brings me to being a demon so be it. If it brings me to being a lwa so be it

2 Likes

I never said curse someone for asking a question. He said where do you draw the line and is it OK. It is ok to ask someone a question. It is not ok to possess or hurt or take their abilities however you want to say it or otherwise hurt them. And if you disagree with that its fine. Everyone is free to have their oppinion. But Iā€™m STILL gonna say i have a no touch policy and just because youā€™re out of body doesnā€™t change that or give anyone the right to cross that line. Plus if you want to ask a damn question reach out and text me. Donā€™t travel into my bedroom and tap me on the shoulder without an invite or warning. Thats all im saying.

3 Likes

Probably should have worded my post better.

I didnā€™t ask to soul travel into you. I asked to soul travel to you, meaning to your location. Well that was my intent anyways. I wouldnā€™t soul travel into anyone unless asked to.