Swords and Azazel

I have always been a fan of the Katana.I know that the Japanese did horrible things with these swords but I have certain drawing towards them. The same could be said about the Roman Gladius. Has anyone else felt this driving force that I’m assuming is Azazel?

There isn’t a type of sword that horrible things were not done with. That is the point of a sword.

4 Likes

The Sword is more tied with close quarters and executions than any other weapon. Should it be more connected to Azreal? The Angel of Death? Are Azreal and Azazel linked? I only speculate out of curiosity.

I am unsure why you are connecting swords to Azazel. In his mythology, as the leader of the Watchers, it says he introduced weapons to humanity, but I don’t recall anything tying him specifically to swords. I mean, he was also said to be responsible for giving us make-up…

2 Likes

Gotta disagree with you there actually. From what I have seen it does specifically mention swords and Shields and such. But yes also makeup. Which is why my eyeliner is always on point. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Thank you. I have never seen swords specifically mentioned before, only weapons generally, but I guess it makes sense, since at the time the Book of Enoch was written, the main weapons would have been the sword and spear.

4 Likes

I always aligned with Belial and Baal in the past. after studying Azazel and how it literally gave man the knowledge of crafting blades; I cannot ignore. I can’t shake it. I am a sword fan.

if I was to paint my face

Imagine opening eyes…

A divine severance

I peel potatoes with mine :slight_smile:

Why the creation of sword an offensive weapon and then a shield for defense, seems kind of counterproductive. I feel this is a human translation of something more.

Research time :slight_smile:

Shields were developed independently from swords even in cultures around the world who didn’t have swords ( such as various African tribes and Native Americans) but the offensive weapons are pretty much always developed first and then a method of defense against it.

1 Like

This actually aligns well with a thought of invoking Azazel before practicing with my sword as both a way to honor him and strengthen my body for more intense workings

1 Like

Same. I have a dusack (a real one, not those leather practise things) that was consecrated by Azazel that I train with and use in ritual work, but only rituals involving him.

1 Like

Mine was a gift from a friend that he made, his attempt to a katana by grinding as opposed to smithing. I need to better hea treat the steel and straighten it out a bit, but it was useful enough for him to kill a deer he stalked for five days (they got so used to him that he could just walk up and strike the blow, hence the bend). I have been using it to train with for a few years now, and recently proved to be a good gardening tool as well

1 Like