Supposed Letter From god

If it was a spirit who is responsible most likely they used some junk mail bible thumper to drop it off, I doubt yaweh or any other entity hand wrote you a letter. I also find it doubtful any non human intelligences are trying to convert you if they were involved at all , most likely just trying to get a rise out of you either to get energy and or have a good laugh at your expense. And boy did it ever work from the looks of it.

Was it this? [url=http://www.fathersloveletter.com/text.html]http://www.fathersloveletter.com/text.html[/url]

This letter is a good example of cold reading Cold reading is a a set of techniques used by psychics, fortunetellers, and mediums to imply that the reader knows much more about the person than the reader actually does.

Here is a sample cold reading statement that a psychic might use:

Most of the time you are positive and cheerful, but there has been a time in the past when you were very upset. You are a very kind and considerate person, but when somebody does something to break your trust, you feel deep-seated anger. I would say that you are mostly shy and quiet, but when the mood strikes you, you can easily become the center of attention. You are sometimes insecure, especially with people you don't know very well. You're having problems with a friend or relative. You tend to be too critical of yourself. You have considerable unused capacities that you have not yet turned to your advantage. At times you have serious doubts whether you made the right decision or did the right thing. Some of your goals are rather unrealistic. You have a need for other people to like and admire you. You have a generous and giving nature, even though there has been times when you’ve acted in a rather selfish way.

Can you relate to this statement? Most people can to some extent. Cold reading works because we humans are more alike than we are different.

The form letter works because many people in our society have an attachment, whether conscious or unconscious, to Christianity. The statements and Bible verses resonate with them subconsciously.

It would be funny to take Raven’s idea of sending a Letter from Satan to random people as Lady Eva suspects this letter was sent. Since all people have hidden malicious, salacious, etc. feelings, it would be hilarious to see the reaction from the recipients.

These days junk mail senders are getting good at hiding their identities because they know that most people will toss the mail without even opening it if they suspect it’s junk. Lately I have been getting non-stop letters from State Farm and Nationwide insurance companies, regular envelope, traditional stamp, hand written addresses and instead of saying the company name it says from Steve Whitland or something like that. I open it up thinking it may be something important and it’s a freakin flyer to sign up for car insurance!

[quote=“fc2014, post:20, topic:6222”]@Iam Incide
I don’t see this as paranoia one bit.[/quote]

Same here, the fact is most of us on this forum have beliefs and practices that are severely at odds with the straight world.

Even though England is very secular, I’m on good terms with my neighbours and community, and I’m a big grown-up girl now with resources and contacts both mundane and spiritual, I’d have a few moments concern if I received a letter like that, because it would make me wonder who’d tracked me down and what they knew about my black magickal practices, and what they planned to do with, or about, that information.

I don’t think fc2014 is wrong or paranoid to be concerned, but tracing this as being a chain-letter type deal is one step towards establishing that, at least, someone didn’t spend hours compiling an original collection of verses, and was using a standard form letter instead.

That makes it slightly less personalised and reduces the time some creeper spent on it, and the time a creeper spends is in direct proportion to how much you have to be concerned about them (just wait until you receive my hand-embroidered kitten-boy tapestry, with your name on every kitty’s collar, Iam Incide, then you’ll see what I mean! :P).

Anyway, we now know this is A Thing some Xians do, and angry as we may feel, remember some DO genuinely believe you’ll burn in hell if you don’t believe as they do, so while we shouldn’t have to put up with this, context is everything.

It’s no different to the way doctors nag us to adopt dietary guidelines, or to give up habits like smoking, eating a lot of chocolate, etc - they may be misguided or may not, but they’re not being intentionally malicious.

So, we have the readily available form letter, the motivation for sending it to strangers and people they think may be going off the rails - this puts a lot more context onto the original creepiness of it, anyway.

fc2014, I suggest working with any of the great spirits who grant invisibility and asking them to shield you from the eyes and mind of whoever sent the letter (which you have as a link) so that they harass you no more, spy on you no more, etc.

Ask that they be diverted towards some other cause, and be bound from giving you their attention, stuff like that.

Honestly guys really?Implying that i believe god wrote a handwritten letter to me and that i don’t know what cold readings are!?FUCKING REALLY!?I came here to learn.I know i’m new here but i’m trying to pick up the family mantle and this is how you are going to treat me like a person who can’t tell a delusion from reality!?Let me tell you something.It can’t be a coincidence after buying my mirror and seeing an inverted pentagram appear in it when scrying then seeing the numbers 66 666.This shit started after i started buying magick supplies and getting SERIOUS with magick.You all cannot with a straight face say when you first started magick seriously that something at least similar didn’t happen to you.I really am trying to keep my cool hear but if anything your the ones driving me fucking crazy.Out of all the fucking people you should understand.

I think Cat MacKenna was just adding some context to why the letter’s written as it is, but whatever, I can’t speak for her so won’t try.

I think, emotions aside, at this stage it’s about what do you want to get from contributors, regarding this?

We’ve traced it down for you, added comments about things (that you may or may not feel are usefiul), what do you need or hope to get?

Let’s try and take this in a productive direction and not pointing out each other’s perceived deficiencies, getting into arguments, etc., or else (ironically) the letter writer will have scored a win! :wink:

Honestly guys really?Implying that i believe god wrote a handwritten letter to me and that i don't know what cold readings are!?FUCKING REALLY!?I came here to learn.I know i'm new here but i'm trying to pick up the family mantle and this is how you are going to treat me like a person who can't tell a delusion from reality!?Let me tell you something.It can't be a coincidence after buying my mirror and seeing an inverted pentagram appear in it when scrying then seeing the numbers 66 666.This shit started after i started buying magick supplies and getting SERIOUS with magick.You all cannot with a straight face say when you first started magick seriously that something at least similar didn't happen to you.I really am trying to keep my cool hear but if anything your the ones driving me fucking crazy.Out of all the fucking people you should understand.

Why are you angry that people tried to help you understand what happened? You posted the letter as a problem, remember?

I can’t honestly say that any of the things you mentioned ever happened to me, though. Magic has always been a rather matter-of-fact thing for me. I’ve never been stressed about it.

I understand that and i’m taking everything into consideration here including your advice on looking at local forums here,but what i don’t appreciate is people looking at me like i’m some delusional fuck.And thank you for your help it is much appreciated.Even though you didn’t have to go through all that trouble thank you.I actually got what i was looking for a blaspheming ritual.Then all the questions started which is understandable at which point got me thinking of other possibilities.As you well know it devoled from there that i’m paranoid.I did react calmly to that post.It was then the second that pissed me off but anyways you actually bring up a good point about the spirits that grant invisibility so i’ll take that route instead.I don’t care if i have to make a pact with him or her.I’ll be using the search function here for topics on that.

Ok catmackena part of my family used to practice magick but due to my grandmother turning christian for reasons i will not get into here that practice was stopped.I’m not mad at anyone for helping me i appreciate that what i got pissed about was the implication that i’m a delusional fuck and i apologize to you for snapping at you but i am not apologizing for being pissed for the inference of being delusional or paranoid.I’m glad that magick has been a matter-of-fact with you really i am but its not the magick that’s stressing me its the above mentioned.

[quote=“Lady Eva, post:24, topic:6222”][quote=“fc2014, post:20, topic:6222”]@Iam Incide
I don’t see this as paranoia one bit.[/quote]

(just wait until you receive my hand-embroidered kitten-boy tapestry, with your name on every kitty’s collar, Iam Incide, then you’ll see what I mean! :P).[/quote]

Why would I be paranoid about that? I’m waiting with baited breath for my new kitten boy tapestry. I’ll hang it on the wall behind my desktop. I trust this will be arriving by British Royal Air mail by Christmas? Oh, and if it’s not too late only little white and brown kittens in the embroidery, no black kitties please. And I know you’re not supposed to look a gift horse (or kitten) in the mouth but if you could throw a couple of those sexy black leather spiked collars on a couple of them I would be forever lasciviously grateful! :slight_smile:

Okay, new equation;

paranoia (+) much ado about nothing (-) paranoia =

much ado about nothing

Living in the southern US, receiving Christian junk mail whether it’s from “God”, Jehovah’s Witness or the pastor of the 1st Pentecostal Church of the Holy Garbonzo Bean is a pretty common occurrence. I get this kind of junk mail several times a year. Once Lady Eva pointed out that it was a mass mailer I would have thought case closed regarding this thread and that if there was a contender for becoming a locked thread this was the one. This was becoming one of those threads I regretted the minutes of my life I had wasted reading, similar to how I wish I could get back all those hours of my life I wasted reading Madame Blavatsky. Yes, both Isis Unveiled and The Secret Doctrine along with other things. :frowning:

Occultists aren’t known for being the most level headed and rational people on the planet and I think sometimes read personal meaning into the meaningless. Too much Harry Potter Kool aid can lead to a grandiose sense of one’s “spiritual” self where you see all sorts of “personal” ambiguous messages specifically tailored to you beneath every rock. Again…reading meaning into the meaningless where you’re mind fucked by your own occult obsessed brain.

That said, I do understand the realities of magick and currents saturated with synchronicities that one can get caught in the flow of through practicing the arts, and I understand the psychological traps and fascinations one can get caught up in. I think it’s important not to let the intrigue take you off on wild tangents in your mind otherwise that’s when you become a contender for the looney bin.

lol!! Men always think they’d like to be obsessed over and stalked, until it actually happens, and then suddenly it’s all “Stop,” and “oh my god you made a lifesize dummy of me from my clothes and funeral waX,” or “Mph mnnph mnah” (when the gaffer tape goes on)…

Hey so seriously, I was of a mind to lock this anyway and this confirms it, OP let me know if you feel strongly otherwise, but hopefully everyone’s had their say. :slight_smile: