Summoning spirits with the bare minimum

Hey guys I’ve never written anything on this site before but I have been learning from E.A’s videos for a brief period of time. I studied the goetia first and found no use for it other than the sigils and descriptions, the incantations never worked for me and hardly ever produces any shift in the eviroment. So I got in contact with Zepar for a love interest and it has resulted in a new relationship the week I asked of it. I have been very fortunate to realize how subtle magick really is. I was the one hoping demons would show up scare me and take advantage but I was ignorant and I was misguided from my Christian upbringing. But once I had that first very weak but very real connection I was off to the races. I use a sheet with incantations on the styrofoam that I got from a random website. And tried it out. I cut out a triangle out of card board. Got a few candles and incense and I started my magickal journey. Pretty much what I’ve learned is that all you need is yourself because as Astarte has told Me. The magick is within you and to find it, find the beauty and all things and you will become beautiful. So take this. And TRUST YOUR INSTINCTS and you will realize how much you can do with magick

You said you could not get any results with the Goetia, that it never worked for you? Yet you mention later on you have been in contact with Astarte. Are you aware that the Goetic demon Astaroth is another aspect of Astarte? So in essence they are sort of one in the same. So it sounds to me like you have had results and have been in contact with an entity who is also recognized in the Geotia, but maybe you did not realize it because you were unable to evoke her until you used some other method besides the Geotic sigils.

1 Like

Does that mean that Astarte and Astaroth are Ishtar as well?

2 Likes

[quote=“RavensAscent, post:2, topic:6099”]You said you could not get any results with the Goetia, that it never worked for you? Yet you mention later on you have been in contact with Astarte. Are you aware that the Goetic demon Astaroth is another aspect of Astarte? So in essence they are sort of one in the same. So it sounds to me like you have had results and have been in contact with an entity who is also recognized in the Geotia, but maybe you did not realize it because you were unable to evoke her until you used some other method besides the Geotic sigils.[/quote] what I meant was using the goetia methods like the incantations and prayers and preliminary rituals did not produce results for me. I used another method and I have had great results with the goetia spirits but not using the rituals that was designed for them. So their is usefulness in the goetia but I used it for my own matters.

Yes

2 Likes

You can summon a spirit just by gazing at the sigil and chanting its name repeatedly. You will not experience much probably unless your astral senses are well-developed, but you can make a request to the spirit.

2 Likes

Yes[/quote]

I don’t mean to sound like an asshole or anything, but I’ve been looking through this thread and I remember that some time ago I asked The Fool this very question. He seems very knowledgeable in such matters and this is what he said:

astaroth isn’t inanna or ishtar. astaroth is athirat (asherah). asherah is the queen of heaven, not the lady (princess) of heaven that inanna or ishtar is. athirat is anu (el)'s lover and is also known as qetesh or qudshu (qadosh, or the holy spirit in judaism). inanna and ishtar/astarte are anu’s daughters. they are different.

I just figured it could be useful to through this version in as well.

YES THEY ARE!

FKE, I guess it depends on your personal beliefs too, but if you do some extensive research into the goddess forms and as well as the Goetia, many many sources suggest that they are one in the same. I have also asked this spirit personally and was told they go by many names in many cultures. So technically they are the same, but ones current beliefs seem to dictate which origin they believe this spirit really came from, or what other names they can be known by.

Astaroth, being known as essentially the same as Astarte, Isis, Ishtar etc. said you may see her as either female or male, because certain religions have altered the genders of goddesses over the years, and when they were listed as part of the Goetia, they were changed to male. I think this may be because religious people are the ones who seemed to prefer calling all gods/goddesses demons to corrupt their name and scare others away from working with them, so I believe they may have changed all genders to male in an attempt to further stress that women can never have power of any kind whether “evil” or good. It would make sense, since the religions that corrupted their original forms and names are the same ones that only mention men as leaders, gods, rulers, etc. and mention women as prositutes and whores except for the miraculous virgin Mary.

I can clarify this more in a bit, need to eat, family is getting impatient waiting on me.

1 Like

It’s interesting, I’ve read before that goetic demon Astaroth is a male but in my experience when I’ve worked with Astaroth and used goetic sigil, whatever came in contact with me seemed like a female. At the time I didn’t ask whether or not Ishtar, Astaroth and Innana are the same entity though.

I am aware that many sources claim that these spirits are one, but as I said I just wanted to put an alternative version out there.

I understand that FKE. I do believe that we all see the spirits differently based on our expectations going into an evocation with them, so maybe the same holds true as to what other forms we associate a particular deity with. Like some here see Lucifer as a human-like male either a teenager or a little boy, usually with bleach blonde hair and hazel eyes, while others I have spoken to see him as a little boy with light brown hair and blue eyes, or a harlequin jester type figure, some even see serpents.

I imagine some have seen him in the form of a dragon or even an angel with wings and a halo. There seems to be a direct correlation with ones previous religious upbringing, as to how they see him manifest. Seems like those who may have been raised as christian, catholic etc. tend to see the human fictional angel-like versions with wings and glowing skin and those raised in more pagan or atheist households see the more trickster like versions. But even that doesn’t always hold steady. I know someone who was raised in a very strict catholic home and he sees Lucifer as a dragon.

But basically, my point was that I believe the same remains true for all deities, demons, entities, and the like. I do know a few people who see Astaroth as male because they initially thought he was based on current literature of the Goetia, but many have told me they were kind of shocked when they called upon Astaroth and what they saw, they could have sworn was a female. I know many of these ancient entities tend to take on older appearances because decades ago, a man was not labeled a faggot for having long hair or a hairless chest, these things were not given as much emphasis as more modern day humans tend to place on them (you know, the modern day idea that a “real” man has a beer gut, a hairy chest and has short hair or is bald). But they claimed that Astaroth’s features seemed to cross that line of being a possible effeminate male to what clearly looked like a female with curves and all.

I saw Astaroth as a female and was also a little taken back, since I originally assumed she was male but then she told me she had many other known forms and lead me to website about this so that her appearance would make more sense to me. Others believe, that it’s not religious upbringing that influences how an entity is perceived but instead, the entity takes on whichever form it believes you need to see most and can best identify with.

Yes[/quote]

I don’t mean to sound like an asshole or anything, but I’ve been looking through this thread and I remember that some time ago I asked The Fool this very question. He seems very knowledgeable in such matters and this is what he said:

astaroth isn’t inanna or ishtar. astaroth is athirat (asherah). asherah is the queen of heaven, not the lady (princess) of heaven that inanna or ishtar is. athirat is anu (el)'s lover and is also known as qetesh or qudshu (qadosh, or the holy spirit in judaism). inanna and ishtar/astarte are anu’s daughters. they are different.

I just figured it could be useful to through this version in as well.[/quote]
When I called her she was my first successful invocation she told me to find the beauty in all things and I told her I was expecting a great terrifying demon and she felt like a beautiful woman I closed my eyes and the first thing that came to, was blonde hair blue eyes pale skin with a long blue dress on. Absolutely stunning and had a strong voice so maybe it can be all about preferences

She is truly nameless but has many names, faces and aspects. To name a few she is Kali the Great Mother, who is the destroyer where in all things are dissolved so that they may be reborn again. She is Astaroth (29) of the Goetia, the Red Whore of Babylon, Inanna, Ishtar, Astarte, Sophia, Semiramis, Aphrodite, Isis, Protogenos , Hecate, the Black Dragon. She is called Queen of Heaven or the Rightful Queen of Heaven, Queen of Infinite Space, Our Lady of the Stars, and Lady of the Starry Heaven, the voice of the dove, the jewels of the heavenly bride even the Holy Spirit. She is Nuit who lies naked stretching over space and her body is made of the stars her circumference is immeasurable and whose center is everywhere.

2 Likes