Summon a dwarf

Has any one summon a dwarf spirit before.I want to know if there are any sigils for them

2 Likes

Well their sigils are like normal ones, only you draw them much smaller.
In all seriousness though, I’ve never heard of dwarf spirits and a Google search didn’t bring anything up. You could create sigils designed to evoke such a creature… Or just ask a midget for their sigil :wink:

7 Likes

I believe that would fall under the elemental spirits of earth.

1 Like

In the Norse path, which I probably have the most experience in out of anything discussed here, the dwarves and dark elves are commonly considered the same, hailing from Svartalfheim. They’re the ones who have built many great works for the Norse Gods, including Thor’s hammer Mjolnir, Odin’s spear Gungnir, the chains that bound Fenrir, even Sif’s beautiful golden hair.

The terms dark elves and dwarves have commonly been used interchangeably, depending on the source. It’s arguable as to whether or not the Dwarves actually appear as humanoids who were small in stature or not.

Koetting has a video where he talks about evoking the dark elves and actually pisses them off by calling them ugly. There are no “sigils” for Norse spirits per se, but there are lots of symbols in the norse path which are associated with many different things. I’ll have a look around in my books and sources for you to see if there is anything I can find that is actually specifically related to them.

1 Like

That is true. Dwarves and dark elves are synonymous. This is because they come from below the earth and so are associated with treasure such as mining.

2 Likes

Tnks for the knowledge and teachings

2 Likes

Suuuuuper wild guess here but maybe spell out ‘Dwarf’ in runic and use that as a sigil…?

That’s the translation in Elder Futhark… maybe try that?

2 Likes

That is absolutely a viable approach. You can also take those runes which spells d-w-a-r-f and combine them into a bindrune.

2 Likes

Just did a quick search and the Old Norse word for ‘Dwarf’ is ‘Dvergr’ so you could maybe go with that? It could also be translated into runes or maybe just chant ‘Dvergr’ over and over till you get a connection perhaps?

1 Like

Do this. Take the Wealth Rune Othala. Write out a short petition to dwarves in English. Create an Austin Osman Spare Style Sigil using the crossed out repeat letters technique. Leftover letters go togethor to form sigil. Then merge the Othala Rune for a more unique sigil. Then visualize the sigil like a Seed implanting into the earth, growing Roots and seeking out the dwarves like a living entity sending a message/leading you to them.

4 Likes

Othala isn’t necessarily wealth in the common understanding of it as Fehu depicts. It’s more like inheritance of ancestral things, which are both physical and spiritual. It usually is thought to be homeland, and this is understandable because way back when it was very common for homes and land to be kept passed down throughout generations, something that isn’t as common today as it used to be. Indeed, this is a form of wealth, but not the same as the wealth that Fehu depicts, which is a fluid and mobile concept such as money.

Thats why you dont think of the runes in isolation.

@Biffa_Bacon Those bits of paper left over from hole punches!!! Seriously, I love, live and breathe the fae, just couldn’t resist that one…:stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Of course not, it’s a system and they all relate to each other as a whole, just as the natural elements and cosmic forces do.

Another thing is that is only a Traditionalists understanding, as what is understood by what little was recorded in books. That will only take you so far as most if not all today that follow that path of learning to this day are still trying to figure out things such as origins, etc.

The only way to properly ascend with Runes is to at some point put down all the books of other peoples works and do it similar to how Odin did it. Shamanick Practices to learn and Direct Application of Black Magick (experience).

What I was not telling you are the content and How my Odhal Group Intelligence Unconscious Processes Odhals use when I just plunck down an Odhal Rune, because there are many different forces data sets that go into play when I actively or passively use it.

I am not a traditionalist, although I do see the importance in investigating it. I just assumed anybody around here would be smart enough to at some point take their nose out of the books gospel and simply explore.

1 Like

Couldn’t agree more about putting down the books and exploring the runes themselves. I’ve been studying them for years now. Books will only get you so far no matter what you’re learning. At some point you have to stop reading and start doing if you want to grow.

No need to get defensive and resort to passive aggression. We’re all here for a reason, don’t need to have any hard feelings about anything.

Im not being passive aggressive =) just explaining my side of things.

1 Like

I was meditating once and all of a sudden I could see this gnome standing in my yard. After reading Pogacniks Nature Spirits & Elemental brings, I believe now he was just associated with the earth there.

So maybe just look around your yard (astrally) or meditate there. Or a local park.

1 Like

Summoning a dwarf falls under the earth element, so to summon a dwarf you would need to create a dwarf symbol of your own making, put an offering in the circle like food, and wait a little while. If a dwarf doesn’t appear in at least 3 hours, no dwarf is going to come, but it is possible it will come after the 3 hour mark. Also be careful because theres multiple kinds of dwarfs, some good, some bad

intro1