Sumerian Deities

Very much like one of my guides. Lol. Dark…but not negative or evil

2 Likes

I second that.

2 Likes

Nanna is pretty awesome and my patron. He’s also known as master of time, lord of wisdom, God of the moon. He’s very patient and has an intense presence more so then even Lucifer I’ve noticed.
If your looking to learn to see the past and future he can teach you, of course he can also teach so much more.

For reading material there’s the Simon necronomicon, google the older version that was first published, the newer ones floating around the internet have some stuff taken out. In the necronomicon there is some gatekeeper stuff but sumerian style, along with they’re sigils.

Another thing to read is the enuma elish, the 50 names of marduk, they also have his sigils.
Also more reading material is Enheduanna: High Priestess of the Moon and the first known Author. Google her and her works should show up.

4 Likes

Thanks everyone for your responses so far…I am at work and a little busy so I will respond more to you all when I get settled down.

Question though…for those who have worked with Sumerian Deities…what are some things that they have blessed you with or prayers they have answered that you are willing to share?

2 Likes

Tiamat gave me temporary guardians (though I didn’t ask for them) while I was going through a kind of spiritual metamorphosis, Kishar confirmed some things for me which later was confirmed on top of by some practitioners. It led to some realizations that I needed.

3 Likes

I mostly wanted knowledge, so they told me many things and they shared some of their wisdom with me.

2 Likes

I’m currently only working with Inanna/Ishtar. She has a beautiful presence and is very warm & welcoming. I finished the book Maskim Hul not too long ago, & I highly recommend. It’s rather lengthy but full of every aspect of Sumerian era knowledge and full of maybe hundreds of spirits to work with & includes initiation and ritual. It was truly fascinating!

6 Likes

This thread is spectacular and the exact question I was hoping to have answered today thanks all.

5 Likes

excellent insights on sumerian deities, especially Pazuzu @Yberion

2 Likes

Wow! Great! Thank you! I will be looking those up for sure!

Isn’t the Necronomicon based on fiction though?

1 Like

Wow. Very interesting. That’s great you were able to get the insights you needed.

Thank you so much! I will definitely be looking for a copy of that book! Thank you!

How long have you been working with Ishtar?

1 Like

I’m glad it could be of service to more than just me! Stay in touch and lets compare notes!

Perfect. Thank you so much, that will be helpful!

2 Likes

Around three months now so we’re still in the early stages, but I’ve already learned so much from her. Her energy is very positive and I feel so much at peace after working with her :black_heart:

If you have Amazon Unlimited you can read Maskim Hul for free. Also, I purchased the pdf for “Into the Great Below: A Devotional for Inanna and Ereshkigal,” for $5. It was really great as well other than the last 20 pages was a massive group ritual. It made me realize that if you work with Inanna/Ishtar, you’ll definitely end up working with Ereshkigal too. I completely adored her after reading it!

4 Likes

Great! Thank you so much. I do indeed have Amazon Unlimited so I’ll go get it right now!

Good luck on building your relationship with her and keep me updated if you don’t mind!

1 Like

I’m also curious…does anyone have any advice or warnings on what NOT to do…aside from the basic rules of being respectful, humble, etc…

Yes it’s based on fiction but there is some gems there. Like most books like that pick out the good bits and trash the rest, the gate part is legit, a few forum member worked through them, the sigils are good. Some legitimate stuff was channeled and the rest is just fiction.
Read it for yourself, utilize your intuition and you’ll rarely go wrong.

4 Likes

Thank you :blush: I definitely will keep you posted!
I think the basic rules are fine for working with them. Respect and intention matter most. The only thing I can think of is recently I came across a Sumerian banishing technique to use instead of LBRP that might help you have a better connection. You call on the god Asaruludu, one of the names of Marduk, instead of the archangels like the LBRP.

Vibrate:
Zi anna kanpa
Zi kia kanpa
Zi dingir anna kanpa
Zi dingir kia kanpa

Then to the N, E, S, W, vibrate banmaskim in each direction and then continue with whomever you wish to work with.

4 Likes

Thank you for the insight.

2 Likes