Suicide

I just want to say right at the start that im not suicidal. I have suffered with mental illness and suicidal thoughts in the past but it is being managed now with medication and im in a stable enough place that I feel I can explore the topic of suicide.Im wondering what peoples opinions are on what happens to the soul or spiritual ascension when someone takes their own life, do you think there is a negative repercussion on the spiritual side of things. Obviously the whole aspect of it being a sin is christian bs but I know other religions also have the same sorta view of there being negative consequences to the soul. Id be really interested to hear everyones views on it.

4 Likes

It depends.
There are systems that practice ritual suicide in a point in ones life where the individual is at the peak of his/her potential so that the soul lives in a certain vital way in another timeless dimension.

Also in many Asian metaphysical traditions there are similair believes and practices
(read for example 'Magic and Mystery In Tibet)

As for suicide by cause of depression or illness, i am from the opinion that when the soul did not fullfilled its ā€˜quotaā€™ so to speak, it will be forced to reincarnate, perhaps in a different time or dimension to fullfill what it has to fullfill or can do, reach forā€¦

10 Likes

Thanks for your input. On the ritual suicide, would that ever be needed? If the soul has reached its natural peak is that not when death would occur anyway therefore negating the need for suicide or if we are still living does that not mean that we actually havent reached our peak by the very fact we are still hereā€¦if you know what I mean.

1 Like

Who am i to decide?
You got to do what you got to do.

If you feel you got to engage in an act of ritual suicide because only you yourself feel it is your Will, then that is your right.
But i am not behind these practices because a certain esoteric order or cult pushes this doctirine on their followers.

I share the opinion you have but that is concerning a natural peak.
Some traditions have the opinion that dying at the point one has the feeling he or her canā€™t go beyond the vital potency they already reached, it is the most perfect timing.to die for the soul to live in an extraordenary vital state in regions deep in certain timeless and chaotic dimensions
Thats where the whole ritual application along the suicidal act comes in

4 Likes

Ok thanks, thats really interesting, its the first I have ever heard of it so thankyou for sharing.

1 Like

That makes me wonder how much I would like to do something similar. I meanā€¦ if I have a long life Iā€™d like to have the honor (in my old age) of taking my own life. Where I come from itā€™s easy for someone to kill you in the way they want, to treat your body like crap, in the deepets of the humans brain itā€™s a survival in its most primitive state ā€¦ thatā€™s why I say Iā€™d like to be owner of my earthly death.
And, honestly I donā€™t think that gonna affects me in some negative way :upside_down_face:

7 Likes

We are always here for support, I have been and still am having these thoughts sometimes, the forum has been really helpful to me :heart: honestly on the afterlife repercussions i feel the Divine needs to chill with the karmic blowback, life can be hell, some people can take it some cant

5 Likes

I feel I have to tell you a story so as to teach you something about yourself. When I was younger, I was a delinquent, I got into a lot of trouble, sometimes there was a form of divine intervention to save my ass. The last time wasnā€™t the case though.

I beat up two guys, my neighbors to be exact, they called the police on me. I was determined not to go to prison, Iā€™m kind of like the guys from the old bank robber movies that shout, ā€œYouā€™ll never take me alive copper!ā€ I decided Iā€™d rather die than go to prison, so when I heard those sirens coming for me, I stabbed myself in the chest, the lung to be exact although I was intending to stab myself in the heart.

Obviously I didnā€™t die, nor did I sustain any permanent damage to my lung, having been a very active sportsman in my school years, apart from a scar on my chest itā€™s as if it never happened. But it inconvenienced the shit out of my mother who was incredibly saddened by this, and my dogs who were also saddened by this. I had to explain to a psychologist that I wasnā€™t depressed for over two months before she believed me, all I had really done was escape prison by putting myself and others through a lot of pain. Edit: Especially since I learned that I would only have to pay a fine for my offense if I were convicted anyway.

The moral of the story is, itā€™s a lot harder to kill yourself than you think, especially with a knife, even people that use guns often fail, and I wouldnā€™t wish to live they way those survivors without parts of their heads or brains do anyway. Even if you jump off a really tall building you might still survive with the kind of treatments they have these days, you just wonā€™t be able to ever move again. I think that if youā€™re depressed due to circumstance then your depression is based on unrealistic expectations from life, and possibly procrastination. Iā€™ve known people like this, and once they stop procrastinating their lives become much better as a result.

7 Likes

Ah if only it was as simple to solve your problems by stopping procrastinating. I have suffered from severe depression, psychosis and addiction for most of my life and been in and out of psychiatric hospitals. Being 42 with 3 children I have learned many many lessons, and as I said at the start of my post I am Not Suicidal, that is why I feel I can safely explore the subject of the consequences spiritually of suicide if indeed there are any. I hope never to be in that place again and I do everything within my power to stay well for not only myself but my children. When people are driven to suicide its because they cannot cope with being alive anymore, they dont know how to continue and its a last resort. But Im not going to get any further into that as it wasnt the reason for my posting.

5 Likes

Fair point, my apologies for deviating. If you ever do have those thoughts remember how it would affect your children. You look pretty good for 42, would have guessed mid 30ā€™s.

I know that Taoists tend to avoid ritual suicide, at least the sects that I am aware of, they tend to like to live very long lives, which is why there is an emphasis on diet and Ji Ben Gong for the purpose of keeping the body from becoming too stiff with age. I do however know that in Shingon, Japanese Esoteric Buddhism, there are such practices, and that you should perhaps look into that. Iā€™m not aware of any such practices in the pre-Christian Western traditions though, at least not practices that are occult related and not based off religious reasoning.

1 Like

My kids are the reason Im still here, believe me. And thankyou for the compliment, I wish I could say it was clean living but more to do with genes I think :laughing: thanks for the info. I honestly had never heard of ritual suicide before so its interesting now to find out that its common in more than one religion.

2 Likes

Thereā€™s this youtube channel called OpenSourceOccult. Guyā€™s a bit crazy, but he had an interesting video recently about how David Bowie was an occultist, but that when he fucked around with cocaine, he ended up being followed for the rest of his life by an incredibly powerful entity that he always believed was going to kill him. I hope you donā€™t end up like David Bowie because of your addictions, good luck.

1 Like

That sounds like paranoia brought on by cocaine addiction. But ive never been addicted to cocaine so thats just an opinion. Ive been sober for a long time now and I believe my life lessons in that area have been learned and that overcoming that addiction among other things is what has made me so spiritually,mentally and physically strong today. Thanks for your concern but Im confident in saying that its unfounded :blush:

2 Likes

When I was a child, I thought that people who commited suicide were reborn as willow trees in cemeteries where they had to spend a lifetime watching people grieve.

5 Likes

Omg thats so sad.

2 Likes

i thought a gun would be best though

1 Like

Many are idiots though, and fail, then live as vegetables for the rest of their lives.

1 Like

how can you fail, you just point at the temple on the side and pull, wtf :thinking:

Incredible transformation of man who shot himself in the head and survived | Metro News Take a look at this hehe.

what in Gods name

1 Like