Substitutes and this new drive

we’ll hi guys !
I have been recently studying reading all books seriously thinking about magick and the path I choose to follow . Since I’ve been reading so much I’m really anxious to put what I’ve learned to the test and really evoke the shit out of life lol :wink: . But I really wanted to ask you all when it comes to rituals and evocation what can I use for evocation as a tool besides all the fancy tools like before I used to use a piece of paper the sigil of the spirit to be summoned on it a couple of small candles they are all red and incense am I using enough or is there more things I could use as a substitute . :slight_smile:

[quote=“terry the Asura, post:1, topic:6128”]we’ll hi guys !
I have been recently studying reading all books seriously thinking about magick and the path I choose to follow . Since I’ve been reading so much I’m really anxious to put what I’ve learned to the test and really evoke the shit out of life lol :wink: . But I really wanted to ask you all when it comes to rituals and evocation what can I use for evocation as a tool besides all the fancy tools like before I used to use a piece of paper the sigil of the spirit to be summoned on it a couple of small candles they are all red and incense am I using enough or is there more things I could use as a substitute . :)[/quote]

Alright,so the most opulently extravagent set of tools you’d need is…

Four candles,black or white,laid out in each of the cardinal corners.A circle,that’s drawn in chalk.A bowl of water,with salt,consecrated prior.A double-edged dagger,consecrated as well.The sigil of the spirit,drawn with a marker on a piece of paper.And finally,the manifestation base.

As a beginning,a black(ish) bowl of water,filled with water,is a good scrying medium,if you know how to scry.

If you want a more natural way,and still need help with awakening scrying senses,use fire,a simple candle will do.The ideal thing,though,is a metal bowl(any metal besides copper and brass will do,I think),filled with alcohol,and a match,to ignite the fire.

However,that IMO is unnecessary,really a simple candle will do.

If you insist on a mirror,then an empty picture frame,with a piece of black cardboard,or even your smartphone is good.

If you’ve learned to do it,you can just scry into the darkness around you.If that is the case,then you can do away with the candles around the cardinal points.

All of this if you even want manifestation.If you’re content just listening to the spirit’s voice,getting it’s teachings,blessings,and empowerment,you really won’t need any of the bases above.

If instead you want physical manifestation,than you aught to use incense,or even water vapor,and learn a skill called structuring,which I don’t have time to get into.

There’s some structuring instructions I posted here,although practicing with no maniferstation base is better before actually evoking with it.

The red candles will work,size doesn’t matter.

As for whether you’re using enough,that’s really the kind of thing you have to decide for yourself.Too much smoke is if you can’t see anything,and can’t breathe.For some this is a catalyst to sinking into the rapture,but for most of us sane people,it’s too dangerous.We wanna summon something from the other side,not pass over to the other side.Too little smoke is when there’s just one super small cloud and that’s it.So if there’s a consistent line of smoke,I doubt it’ll matter how much smoke there is(after all,I’ve had Belial talk to me through the smoke of my mom’s cigarette)

Anything else?

Thank you arcane I also want to know this what should I put on the circle since I do must of my rituals In my basement what signs do I draw on the board ? Does it vary depending on the spirit I’m intending to summon? And ps if your wondering my basement is rugged lol .

It can matter,but it doesn’t have to.

You can search circles on this forum.I think Lady Eva has a very interesting one,but I have yet to try it.

However,I think this circle is one of the best,for me.

http://www.becomealivinggod.com/circles/graphics/universal_circle_ea_koetting5.jpg

Draw that.And repeat,‘‘alash tad alash,tel’ ashtu’'.

I also use EA’s version of the Circle of Solomon,even more often.Find it on this forum.

Remember,no need to purchase the circles from EA!Just draw the symbols from it,in the inside,and basically reproduce it as best as you can,or want to.

Plus there’s tons of other circles online if you wanna try something unique to the system,but I really don’t see the point,unless you’re experimenting(which i doubt since this is your first evocation,we wanna keep it simple)

Your mandala can be anything.In fact,digging a small circular ditch,in the middle of a forest,or in the sands on a beach,and then filling it with water,is one of the most powerful kinds of circles I’ve ever used.