Stupid question ? are wendigo,s real at all?

some natives from the area i live where talking about them at a campfire in the woods a few days ago im in the woods alot i was skeptic about it but i did fully listening to them it was fun to hear but i want to know what you the reader thinks or knows

4 Likes

Iā€™m pretty sure they are. I know for a fact skinwalkers are, f*****g scary to come face to face with one in the middle of the woods, speaking from my own experiences.

3 Likes

What about spitting on a knife and covering it in White Ash they said thatā€™ll harm it

ā€œBetter not throw the knife they will most likely throw it at your headā€ - crow

(Crow said that at the camp fire)

2 Likes

I believe all stories of mythological creatures. Including Wendigo.

6 Likes

Iā€™m not sure about the spit part, but the ash part works on skinwalkers, be it blades or bullets. Not sure about wendigoā€™s though.

1 Like

Kinda confused arenā€™t they like family or the same thing they did say skin walker is a brother to wedago

2 Likes

I wouldnā€™t say they are ā€˜brothersā€™, but there are alot of similarities between the two.

2 Likes

This creature is a creation of horror fiction in the classic tale, ā€œThe Wendigoā€, this woods spirit was, and is, a myth. Many legends and stories have circulated over the years about a mysterious man eating creature who was encountered by hunters and campers in shadowy forests of the nothern Americaā€™s. Check out this link for more details:

2 Likes

Iā€™ve heard thereā€™s two types of wendigos, the easy to understand ones are normal people who give in to hunger and give in to cannibalism during times of starvation, like late winter. So the stories become teaching tales warning kids not to go that route. Wendigoes of this type, if found out seem to get executed by the local people.

Then thereā€™s the stories of the supernatural entities, which might have started as the anti-cannibalism folklore and got embellished over time, but you always wonder if thereā€™s not beings that actually do exist like that.

And then thereā€™s the cross-over type stories where the human that turns cannibal becomes the supernatural. Unlike skinwalking I havenā€™t heard of people deliberately learning to switch between Wendigo and human though.

At the moment, since I believe currently in things like the Sasquatch, which seems to be intra-dimentional, Iā€™m leaning towards this cryptid existing too.

2 Likes

I have heard about skin Walkerā€™s and their stories
As stuipd as it sounds I would like to contact one
But logically/ will to live says itā€™s stuipd to try and that they are just storiesā€¦

Advice please

2 Likes

I personally donā€™t think so. I think itā€™s one of those things where people confuse survival instinct (in this case, eating whatever - and whoever - to survive) with the supernatural. Kind of like how people in medieval Europe thought mestruation was a punishment from God.

1 Like

So basically a story to keep people in line. Well good to know that the things where littterly ā€œline checksā€

2 Likes

Everything is real; nothing is real.

3 Likes