Stealing hit music from the future

Apparently nowadays all you have to do o have a hit is come up with s cheesey catch phrase or signature noise or grunt put over a sampled track. No need for time travel.

1 Like

While the topic implies stealing, if u produce it first, it AINT THEFT. U want to reinforce it because its a hit from the future, copyright it before whatever year in the future u stole it fromā€¦That way, when someone else produces it in the form from whcih u derived the work, u can prove u made it first and have them pay u royaltiesā€¦

The catch with art is thisā€¦making it a hit. I create an idea of a super cool characterā€¦but if someone draws it better with their own modifications, and can tap into what draws ppl in, they will inevitably be remembered for it. Its the same with music (visual art, music, poetry, writing)ā€¦so beating someone to the punch wont guarantee any fameā€¦but it will guarantee that if what someone produced sound alike and u were there first, u may be able to make a case to get money from itā€¦And u may actually end up producing a better version of that future hitā€¦because almost all brilliant music goes unnoticed by popular culture (pop synonymous with trash)

Look @Samael-Azazel and I were right. I just saw an example of record companies flexing their revenue and committed copyfraud. https://filmmusic.io/board/topic/91