Staying motivated

So I struggle to stay motivated in the study and application of all this occult stuff. I’m just off and on with it, and I suppose that makes me a dabbler? The biggest reasons being goals. A lot of my goals I work towards with mundane means. Also I’m taking all this stuff on by myself, I have no mentor figure or organization to join. Funny that I just noticed this:
"Disclaimer: personal success depends on your work ethic, so results will vary."
Any advice would be appreciated.

I’m not sure I can answer that question directly as at times I still have the same experience, of periods of greater and lesser focus. But I have come to see that sometimes what seems to be a holding pattern or procrastination is actually a gathering of energy that then can explode past the barriers of your life that you might not have been able to achieve by slow and steady work.

I would not worry about working with mundane means to achieve your goals. That is as valid as using magic. If a person is able to achieve what they desire without magic, then in my opinion they are already an accomplished magus.

It seems to me that many who turn to magic have some strong drive that fuels their focus and no-matter-what attitude that they have been unable to reach through other means.

In my case I witnessed a single poltergeist event as a child. That opened up my knowing that there was something else that was real, which was unexplained and unknown by anyone I knew. This inculcated within me a curiosity and desire to know the truth, which drove me for years to push beyond the boundaries of the known. To this day that event as well as others still drives my quest for knowledge and mastery.

At first for me… I was vary dissheartend when I finally got all the stuff together for my first evocation. and nothing happened so I thought. I knew that somehow the lesser stuff I did actually worked but I brushed it all of as coincidence. basically you have to trust your imagination at first. it will seem vary silly for a while but soon you will be in a whole new way of life that is vary real. and b4 you know it you can literally reach out and touch that which you seek. Im so close to physical contact. I get poltergeist activity auditory stuff. mind bogalling imagery and I actually can hear them with my ears sometimes.
I cant help you or give advice to stay modivated. honestly it was E.A.'s course that broke the vail and got me motivated. I used to be a cop in the army (MP) I know how to read people and Mr. Koeting is no bullshiter.
For me I geuss I just needed more proof from somebody who has been in my shoes. I hope you can pull something usefull out of my ramballing nonsence.

You have this place, and that’s more than most of us had who started out years ago, even before the internet (yes, there was such a time! lol) - you also have Wizard Forums, evocationmagic.com, plus a bunch of bloggers like Rufus Opus and then the video uploads by EA, Michael W. Ford, whoever you like or find interesting… my friend, you are living in a veritable PARADISE of support, inspiration and validation, such as hasn’t existed within recorded history! And all of it’s for FREE!

So take a mo to let that really sink in, because if you place your attention on how you’re NOT supported, you’ll start proving it to yourself by selectively observing it and so on - revel in this amazing era and sign yourself up to a bunch of stuff, updates from blogs & YouTube so there’s something in your inbox every few days.

Right - to the main topic - you ready? :wink:

So I struggle to stay motivated in the study and application of all this occult stuff. I'm just off and on with it, and I suppose that makes me a dabbler? The biggest reasons being goals. A lot of my goals I work towards with mundane means.
What is the biggest source of pain in your life right now - emotional, financial, material, health, other people you love with troubles, stuff you see in the world that you hate, things like that?

FOCUS on it - let it become really tangible, and THEN focus on where that situation will be in two, five, and ten year’s time, IF you don’t use your own divine right to power to change things.

Imagine how you’ll feel, further along, knowing you could actually have changed (or become, or have possessed) whatever goals appeal to you, but you slacked off and didn’t get round to it - and now further down the line, it’s maybe too late to get that exact thing.

You can only generate motivation for even the most appealing goals by generating URGENCY, that sense that a day without action towards it is a day wasted, and that drive to chalk up even the smallest accomplishments towards it, because they serve the higher cause.

Make every decision, from what to eat and wear, to larger choices, a binary choice - “Does this take me closer to my goal, or further away from it?” - you’ll be surprised how often really minor choices are like the little mice that nibble away at the backup you need for your goals.

You dress scruffy outside work, your neighbours think you’re a slacker and not one of life’s winners, therefore they never talk to you about their problems which could be opportunities for you in some way, either to earn money or use magick to help them, thus proving its effects beyond doubt - yes, EVERY choice is a “towards” or “away-from” deal! :slight_smile:

Read people like Napoleon Hill, his books are mostly out of copyright, free and online - books like Think And Grow Rich, The Science Of Getting Rich, Success Through A Positive Mental Attitude, and The Magic Story - another good one is The Science Of Being Great which everyone here should read if they want to truly understand power and personal greatness, whilst dealing with life as it is right now.

Learn to make small decisions in a great way, consider the pain on its way to you if you shuck off power now and just go with the flow of everyone else’s reality, look into the grey faces of anyone aged over 50 working in a service or menial job, because they never (yet) bit down hard on reality to make it pay the price they really wanted.

I did this last year, big time - I downloaded a countdown program and set it to the likely age I’ll die at (conf’d by spirits as well as family history) and that sucker got me motivated to do a huge Saturn working to clear out all limitations to my personal power, and part of that is what brought me here!

So - stop drifting, take a sobering moment to really feel the pain of just letting life happen to you, make EVERY decision count, feed your mind with supportive literature and online materials, and remember every day that passes is a day you’ll never see again - you’re as young now as you’ll ever be, so don’t waste that golden fountain of potential.

(I got more on this, but that’s a start! lol)

2 Likes

[quote=“thinktank123, post:1, topic:3448”]So I struggle to stay motivated in the study and application of all this occult stuff. I’m just off and on with it, and I suppose that makes me a dabbler? The biggest reasons being goals. A lot of my goals I work towards with mundane means. Also I’m taking all this stuff on by myself, I have no mentor figure or organization to join. Funny that I just noticed this:
"Disclaimer: personal success depends on your work ethic, so results will vary."
Any advice would be appreciated.[/quote]

Strangely enough I’m the other way round, I struggle to keep motivated with the mundane world as I immerse myself in the occult!

Try to have one huuuuuuuuuuuge big goal say become a living god within 30 years. Within that work out what will be the 1000 smaller steps to reach that goal and tick them off when you achieve them. Remember success breeds success!

Also try to visualize what you will look like in say 30 years time. Will you be happy? Are you happily married?Do you have children? Do you own a successful business? Then work back from there, at 5 year intervals and see how you achieve your goal. For example you may see yourself in 30 years as a successful magician who can do literally anything, at 20 years you’ve achieved contacting your HGA and raising the Kundalini, at 5 years you can evoke spirits with ease and at this moment you’re learning to scry etc etc.

Btw if you’re under 25 you can take a first small step by turning your phone off and not looking at Face/Twitter/Tube for 5 secs. Build that up to say a minute although that may take you up to 10 years to achieve. By turning your phone off I mean REALLY turning it off (I know hardcore LHP Statanic stuff that!)

Along with all the other great advice here I would like to add something.

I’m a former heroin addict and am now prescribed soboxone along with clanozapam (benzos like xanax)

Now I always make sure I have my soboxone to keep me from going into withdrawal but I take more of the benzoa than I should.
They balancee out and make me feel normal,not to mention give me the drive to do nothing but majick.

Now when I run out of my benzos I come to a complete halt.
I just sit around moping about my problems and crawling in a bottle.

What I did what the martial initiation ritual from WoD.
I changed the incantation a bit and asked him to surround me with familiars to keep me on my path.
I also have been working with my chakra.Mainly focusing on my solar plexus and heart chakra as the solar plexus has to do with will and action and the heart has to do with what your true desires are.

I haven’t ran out of meds yet this month but I also plan on working with Raphael to heal my chakra,mind,and soul.

Basically find am entity that has domain over the will and ask for his help.

MK

Thanks to everyone especially Lady Eva for your awesome answers.