Starting a thing (It's gains-o'-clock)

For cardio I alternate between rowing machine, cycling and walking. I take a rest day on sunday. Also there’s training with various weapons like axes, spears and swords and the daily hour of archery. I don’t really care about visible abs too much, just want to shed the fat, and get healthier. I have no idea about my muscle mass/ body fat ratio but I’ve dropped 5 kg since the start of the year so far, and I’m pretty sure I’m stronger as well. I was only able to do 15 reps with the 24 kg kettlebell at a time at the start of the year. Everything is going pretty smoothly so far.

2 Likes

Ok well just don’t be too hard on yourself if you aren’t losing weight. Muscle weighs heavier than fat so you can actually end up heavier but leaner if that makes sense. To get a good idea I would need to know current height/weight however body fat % is a good indicator of how much you could potentially lose. There are some pretty cool body composition scales that tell you body fat, water, muscle, bone etc.

2 Likes

This is where I am at. I was fixated on getting to the 140lbs somethings (closest was 152) but lifting weights will put more muscle on me. I have lost damn near 20 lbs (someone convert that to metric for me…guess what country I’m from, right?) after a course of…4/5 months and I am a lot more leaner but I think I will stay in the 150s unless the fat around my midsection goes away completely. Also the diet plays a huge role so I cannot stress that enough.

Edit: I’m shorter than most people so no I’m not a twig.

So 30 push-ups without working up to that point messed me up a bit… gods I’m so out of shape… My shoulders and upper arms are pretty messed up, and my upper legs are feeling it too. My core is stiff but not sore.

At least once the soreness and pain fade the muscles will be stronger. Also thinking about strong pushes then resting a day. Basically pushing myself slightly too far and then not working out the next day, then the day after that doing it again.

2 Likes

Now you’re talking. This is my baby:
Google Photos

3 Likes

These are mine (plus a bottle of rum for scale)

4 Likes

Well I know who Im gonna ask to come with me when I decide to go pillaging

3 Likes

@Jac_DeVinna 450 grams is a pound or near enough so 20 pounds = 9 kilos.
@Anziel_Merkaba that’s usually how it goes and why you find people talk about leg day, arm day etc. You need a rest day in between to let your muscles start to heal

1 Like

Which era are they. I keep seeing Vikings.

The larger is a dane axe so somewhere around 9-10th century onward. The smaller is a mix of fantasy and my interpretation of a viking axe.

1 Like

Cool.

I know how to do different days for different things, I just don’t have any equipment at all so I’m stuck doing things like push-ups, sit-ups, planks, and not much else. I mean I could always fill this bucket I have with water and put the lid on it and do something akin to squats, but eh.

1 Like

Lookup bodyweight exercises. Triceps dips held at the bottom of the dip make your arms burn. I had a pair of dumbbells with 20 kg of weight for years and still managed a good exercise routine

2 Likes

Aside from business my profession for the past 4 years has been specialized in training people with kettlebells. I’m an RKC/SFG instructor and I’m known for helping people lose fat in a hurry.

It sounds like you have a great program you could groove for a while. Make your heavier bells feel light and focus on full body tension and a powerful hip snap with each rep and it’ll push your results further. It’s cool to see people working right with these things. Kick some ass and let me know if you want any pointers. You’re in a good spot

1 Like

I’m late, but I havent seen anyone reply with this yet. Situps aren’t great for your back. They’re a big part of the military physical fitness test, and everyone agrees that they’re outdated. They can mess up your back, and aren’t as effective as other bodyweight exercises. Hopefully you’ve realized that by now, and enjoy continued success.

Shit happened, but I’ve been focusing more on burpees now.

1 Like

That’s great! They incorporate almost all of the body and are healthy for you inside and out.