Stage and Street Magicians

I would like to hear your views and opinions on stage and street magicians like Dynamo, Criss Angel, Micheal Carbonaro(The Carbonaro Effect) and others. Can anyone of you do what they do or what do you think?

3 Likes

I think they are very talented illusionists. I honestly don’t know that I could do it simply because of my large, stupid fingers and the need for regular interactions with complete strangers.

2 Likes

I want to know how they do it so bad. I just can’t believe it’s just an illusion. I think it was dynamo or another magician that turned raw dough. DOUGH into steaming hot bread. But I’ve never heard of any people who practice actual magick to have said anything about this. However I have seen people practicing telekinesis and it worked pretty well through practice. I was getting pretty good at it myself but NEVER like what Chris angel and dynamo can do.

1 Like

Most of them are very talented yes, I worked as a street magician a few years back and know some of there secrets and can also do some of them.
But the question is would I? No I would not.
Why do something that someone else already is doing beautifuly.

1 Like

Your fingers would not be a problem.
There is enough illusions that works perfectly anyway.

1 Like

Stage magicians “might” be illusionists but street magicians are not.

You know telekinesis?

Walking on the wall, Turning snow into diamonds, Disappearing from one place to another, Bringing a dead bird back to life and other stuffs like that are not illusions.

Of course they are! You mean to tell me that these guys can materialize diamonds from snow, levitate and raise the dead and the sum total of their efforts is to entertain the fine people of downtown Manhattan? C’mon, man.

3 Likes

I suspect that some street magicians do use sorcery to aid in their performances. Fooling minds and senses with magic can be done far more easily than physical manifestation on that level.

4 Likes

Sure, they probably use types of glamour and projection, and any good one worth their reputation is most certainly using Bardic magick; I just meant the more astounding effects.

2 Likes

I have to agree on that

I’ve got to admit I’m quite out of practice but there was a time when I was progressing really well. But there are lots of people who are way more talented.

Sorry to say but the magicians that I met throughout my life has never used real magick in any shape or form.
It’s like this… We se and work with things that are supposed to look exactly like real magick all the time so we see how we can fool the eye, mind and even spirits. That make us “know” that there is no real magick! When you fool people all the time and all the time have to explain to people that “I’m just messing with your brain” it takes the magick from you and after that it is hard to believe.
Most shows that we have end by one or two people coming up to us explaining that they need help with contacting someone that they last and we explain that this is not real. We are just messing with your brain. They just shake there heads and answer “yea sure, I understand that you have to say that but you and I know that you can help me” I answer that I’m really sorry but there is nothing I can do to help. They answer “so you don’t want to help me, thanks for nothing morron”…
People want to believe so badly that they just can’t understand.
I even have colleagues that use the settings and real stuff that is used by you guys (real magick) but they use it for setting a feeling when they do magic to entertain.
But! I was starting looking in to your kind of real magic just a month ago so I’m totally new to this and i think that I have it way harder then most people to learn because I have seen how we fool people and I need to turn my brain around to be able to see and get near your kind of magick, real magick.
But never confuse a street magician for a real magick practioner, we have simply found another way to make it look like magick.
If I could do the stuff I do as a magician I would be at the top of the world right now.
If I could levitate, disappear from one place and reappear somewhere else, if I could read people’s minds, if I could talk with the dead or make 1euro become 100euro just by waving my hands, belive me I would be the king of this world! But I’m not.
But I’m trying to learn your ways to be able to help my wife and be able to get my own life on a better path. So I’m learning all the time.
Sorry for my bad English but I am from Sweden.

1 Like

The things they materialize only last for a short while and that is why they throw then away most of the times

Everything has law. Maybe the demon told them that it lasts only for a short while