Spiritual or Psychic Bonds to Locations on the Earth

It’s common to hear that a person naturally has a psychic link to one’s place of birth, or, at least to a place where one spent childhood.

But what of links that are developed to locations which occur following relatively brief visits?

Do spirits of the ancient dead create bonds or links with travelers who pass through their grounds?
Or in the case of living gateways on the earth,
can a person be permanently scarred or somehow linked to a location by traveling through the area of the gateway?

Thanks in advance for any thoughts on this.

I read where the singer / poet Jim Morrison as a child encountered a scene with Indians who had just perished on the road, and he reflected later that perhaps one or two of the souls of these Indians had entered him at the time.

This was a momentary encounter in a location associated with death, yet had a lifelong influence on Jim Morrison.

What do the magicians here think happened and why?
Can brief encounters with places associated with the dead open up gateways which forge permanent bindings to people and transform them, putting them on a path which Destiny otherwise would never have set them?

There are three factors which determine the strength of a psychic link. Repetition, emotional reinforcement, and novelty.

With child hood locations, you spend a lot of time there, that’s repetition. You can still forge strong connections in the short term to places where you experience intense emotions, or make a strong connection to an area which has something which really captures your attention.

[quote=“Student of Goetia, post:2, topic:2412”]I read where the singer / poet Jim Morrison as a child encountered a scene with Indians who had just perished on the road, and he reflected later that perhaps one or two of the souls of these Indians had entered him at the time.

What do the magicians here think happened and why?[/quote]

The intense novelty of the situation focused his attention to a level he couldn’t ordinarily attain on his own. That excess attention spilled over from the initial focus of death into neighboring constructs, creating his ghosts.

Same thing with how magicians experience a lot of synchronicities. Their practices free up attention. That excess attention spills over creating synchronicity.

Thanks for your comments.

[quote=“The Cusp, post:3, topic:2412”]There are three factors which determine the strength of a psychic link. Repetition, emotional reinforcement, and novelty.

With child hood locations, you spend a lot of time there, that’s repetition. You can still forge strong connections in the short term to places where you experience intense emotions, or make a strong connection to an area which has something which really captures your attention.

What do the magicians here think happened and why?

The intense novelty of the situation focused his attention to a level he couldn’t ordinarily attain on his own. That excess attention spilled over from the initial focus of death into neighboring constructs, creating his ghosts.
[/quote]
To which phenomenon are you exactly referring here? The incident was very brief and not repeated. What is meant by “excess attention spilled over?”
does this mean that the ghosts were in his mundane imagination and not real entities?

Is it possible to interpret what you are saying as,
because of the death presence or shock of the deaths,
a gateway was opened which J.M. stumbled into, and, because of his intense focus or attention, he was captured into the vortex of this opened gateway, and thus was permanently “Scarred” for lack of a better term. ?

I use the term novelty to cover anything that draws an inordinate amount of attention, more that usual. This includes things that are interesting, things that are dangerous, things that are weird or strange. Dead bodies, being something you don’t see every day, attract attention like a black hole.

Now death is actually a weak archetype with very few concrete associations. However one clear association of death is ghosts or spirits. You could say ghosts and death are neighbors. If the death archetype was a glass, which you fill to overflowing with attention, that overflow has to go somewhere. It spills over into neighboring archetypal constructs.

Sure, it was his mundane imagination which created them visually, but that doesn’t necessarily mean they weren’t real. All I know for sure is everything requires you attention to exist.

But what of cases where little or no attention was paid to the location at all?

For example, a man passes through an ancient burial site, and is ignorant of this fact.
Then begins a lifelong connection and link to that place.

How can this be explained?

No idea. Has that ever happened to anyone?

My mum used to take me to museums as a kid and I know for a fact my fascination with non-Abrahamic godforms was influenced by that.

yes. That is what is being explored on this thread: links created “accidentally,” simply by passing through the location ignorantly, or entering a place and having no knowledge of the occult etc.

Let’s take another related example. Some clairvoyants can take an object, even ancient objects, and divine from the object the history and even the lives of those who owned or handled the object.

So certain places, like objects, may have their portals or gateways, which we know.

But without paying attention, and just passing through the location,
why is a person “scarred” or “bound” to the place?

That there is some sort of link or binding is evident because the link only gets stronger and stronger, not diminishing.

Ok, that makes sense in a psychometry context then. The object has associations, attention travels down associations. The thing is, not all associations are created equal, and some are a hell of a lot stronger. If you’re not in control of your attention, you are more likely to travel down those stronger associative paths.

So yeah, at a sacred site which has been engineered into a super highway to a specific astral location, your attention could unknowingly tumble into some weird place. The novelty of where those places lead could definitely hook your attention, and the mystery could lead to obsession.

In Castaneda’s books, he was warned not to take anything from sacred sites, not even pebble, for exactly that reason. The physical object is a link to the location.

[quote=“The Cusp, post:10, topic:2412”] The novelty of where those places lead could definitely hook your attention, and the mystery could lead to obsession.

In Castaneda’s books, he was warned not to take anything from sacred sites, not even pebble, for exactly that reason. The physical object is a link to the location.
[/quote]

I’m not sure if you are using the term attention because you believe in a paradigm where existence depends on attention.
I don’t believe in this paradigm, although I accept that attention changes reality.
I just don’t believe reality depends on attention.

A passer-by has unconscious ‘senses’ which feel the environment and may thereby be scarred or marked by the experience.

But this obsession which occurs does not logically follow a mere passing through a “novel” location. The location or site itself – as noted in the reference to Castaneda-- must be a potent, active gateway or something with a life of its own with the power to “bind” a passerby.

A few moments then begins a lifelong obsession with a place, there must be spirits involved, it can’t just be psychological.

I am referring to particular and real physical locations.

For example, a child accompanies his parents to an ancient burial site in province N where the child unknowingly enters a chamber and has no dramatic or unusual experience.

After returning, year by year increases a connection, binding, link, or influence – eventually obsession – with that place – and that place only.

it seems to be inexplicable unless the child was “scarred” or otherwise unwittingly influenced by a gateway or spirit whose “home” is in that place.

Well I know that a person place of growing can be determined by studies about oxigen, since oxigen is different in different places, it affects your body and it can be used to get a chemical link from a body to a certain place.

For me that is the physical manifestation of the energy in determinated places. A place also feeds a person, as well as consumes parts of one self.