Spirits, History, and Varying Incarnations

I’ve been having a long hard think about how to recognize all my experiences which point towards the definite objective existence of Spirits with the fact that their are historical records that clearly show that these Spirits evolved from the synthesis of various cultures in a way that seems to make them seem made up. The conclusion I have come to is that all these myths are being guided by the Spirits themselves. For example, a certain culture might have a story about a certain entity. Then, an actual entity comes along and shapes that myth so that over time the story becomes so that it actually reflects a real entity. The entities are very much real. It’s just that they are having people “make up” stories about them in order to be able to gain contact with humans. Myths are essentially stories that are gradually shaped by beings on the Other Side through the mixing of elements from various different sources until they accurately represent a real entity. So, it’s not that Satan or Lucifer are actually made up from various Greek, Roman, Persian etc. sources but that these entities guided the synthesis of these stories until the stories came to actually reflect who they are. What does everyone think about that?

5 Likes

I think humans came into contact with spirits by accident. Humans may have taken psychedelics, thus expanding their perception, and managed to interact with spirits who’ve taught them many things.

Inspired by these interactions, humans began telling and writing stories which were riddled with their interpretations, feelings, and biases but were nonetheless inspired by the interactions with the spirits.

I don’t think any of the events in the mythology actually occurred as they were described.

5 Likes

Some stories of contact with the Other Side are obviously real all right. Other stories though are hard to explain as anything but “made up”. Stories that just pop up, because of the synthesis of cultures in weird ways. The entities are still obviously real though. Lucifer for example has roots in various Greco-Roman myths. My theory is that Lucifer essentially appropriated these myths and shaped them in order to have people gain contact with him.

2 Likes

Bear in mind that many civilizations interacted with each other, adopting each other’s beliefs, often shaping them to reconcile them with their own. For instance, the concept of Satan as understood by most people wouldn’t be the same if the Jews had not interacted with Zoroastrians.

“One man’s God is another man’s Devil.”

• This is also important to remember. The Jews and the Christians demonized / denounced other gods as evil so that they can influence people more efficiently and get them to worship their own desert spirit.
2 Likes

Precisely. I am saying that Satan himself caused these interactions to happen in order to have the Jews make stories about him.[quote=“Baal, post:4, topic:18463”]
This is also important to remember. The Jews and the Christians demonized / denounced other gods as evil so that they can influence people more efficiently
[/quote]
and in doing so they gave the Demons a channel through which people could contact them.

2 Likes

I don’t know. I personally don’t think ancient gods/demons wanted to be viewed as hideous, malevolent monsters by most people.

1 Like

I am saying that they might not even be the same entities as the Pagan gods. For example a certain group worships entity x (original Pagan god), then entity y (Demon) comes along and uses the stories about entity x in order to create new stories that will allow people to know about him/her. The demonisation is nasty yes, but at least people would still know about them.

2 Likes

Ah, I see what you mean. That’s not what I believe, but it’s certainly an interesting thing to think about.

2 Likes

I can’t say I have found that spirits always change the myths. I can give you two examples with Belial.

In a past life i had he was worshipped as a fertility god. People would come to his temple and pray for a child. The people thought he would literally create children. They misunderstood. People would pray for a child and he would make the person who prayed super horny, theyd go home and have so much sex that eventually they would have a baby. But he didnt actually put a baby in there. So he came to be associated with children.But he didnt intend that to happen. But it got him a lot of worshippers and followers and energy so he didnt argue.

Other example though. One of the tests to work in the temple was they put you in a tunnel alone. He put in a lot of effort to spread the rumor there was a monster in the cave.The test for the females he would take the form of an attractive man with a animal or monsters face. However it was so dark they couldnt see the face. So theyd think they were having sex with a hot guy and then he would reveal his face. If they reacted in shame and fled they were unworthy but if they stayed he would reveal a human face and they would be allowed to work in the temple. So in this case creating a myth worked in his advantage.

2 Likes

How about the fact that long ago the gods walked among humans? Does anyone think it was true? Where does that fact come from?

2 Likes

@Lola Perhaps. There is evidence to support that. The veil does seem to have grown thicker in recent years.

2 Likes

There’s a lot of mentioning in the LHP about gods walking the earth again. That once enough humans aknowledge their existance and invoke and evoke them enough they will be able to walk the earth.There’s always just one sentence just saying something like that but never any clarification.

1 Like