Spirit Communication and Secrecy

Hypothetical situation. Let’s say a person had contact with an entity that agreed to share some information on the condition that that person never share it with anyone else. Then after they did agree (having verified through divination or other means that the communication was valid) they were given information, rituals, practices of empowerment, etc. From what I gather this seems to be a somewhat common occurrence.

That person might consider creating a peronal magickal cipher language with which to write information like this down, to prevent others from seeing it, and thus fulfill agreements of these kinds.

Although I realize that the very nature of the discussion may preclude those who could share information from replying, I would like to hear how others might have handled this type of situation.

I always share what I learn. No spirit I’ve interacted with, Nidhogg included, wants me to keep things a secret. The time to become a god is NOW. Select your pantheon and jump in. They’re getting lonely up there, and want some new friends.

Be creative.

Buy a few books on cartooning, do some practise cartoons, fill a few sketchbooks full of the things as you relax at night, then use your “drafts” sketchbooks to note, in coded symbols, the operations you’re given.

I’ve never used that method but I do a lot of creative craft stuff just for fun, and nothing’s more common than half-arsed creative work, no-one would be that interested in it, and so long as you remember your symbol/action substitutions, you could have like THE grimoire of EVERYTHING out in plain view on your dining table, and no-one would know.

I read a novel once where a cold-war era Russian spy had his entire coding system set up as toy trains, and it took almost the whole novel for the good guys to figure it out, even though they stepped over it every time they searched his apartment… so, yeah, be creative. Nothing better than hiding things in plain sight!

Also, learn the principles of mnemonics: [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_mnemonics]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_mnemonics[/url] & [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mnemonic]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mnemonic[/url]

And this - out of my league, but worth knowing about should you need it:

[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One-time_pad]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One-time_pad[/url]

I think the reasoning for spirits wanting you to withhold information is twofold.
1.The information is for you and you’re personal reasons only including words of power that are only for you.
2.Because if we share every bit of information the spirits give us to others then other majicians would stop seeking the answers for themselves which is part of the process of Ascent.

Unless a spirit tells you to withhold information it’s fair game and meant to be shared.

Odin told me to share his influence (which I will post later today) because he said “It is time to bring back the ways of old”

But I agree with LadyEva.
Research and come up with your own forms of keeping your information cryptic.
If someone see’s you have something written in a cryptic language you’re most likely going to get the 3rd degree on what it means.

But NEVER withhold information just because you want to keep it for yourself.
We’re all in this together and their are secret societies that have been withholding this information to run the world for way to long.

It has come the the for us to take the power back.
It is already shifting brother’s and sister’s.
Let us grab hold of this opportunity and rise above the authority of this world and claim it back to it’s rightful owners.

THIS IS REVELUTIIOOOOOOONNNNN!!!

[quote=“Musta_Krackish, post:4, topic:2709”]I think the reasoning for spirits wanting you to withhold information is twofold.
1.The information is for you and you’re personal reasons only including words of power that are only for you.
2.Because if we share every bit of information the spirits give us to others then other majicians would stop seeking the answers for themselves which is part of the process of Ascent.[/quote]

Totally, I did recieved a fair punishment revealing information to my friends during a salvia ritual. After the info the message was literally “this is only for you, don’t tell anyone else or they’ll think you’re crazy” (spanish tho), I didn’t listen and revealed to my friends right away because the info was too mind blowing. I got a punch in the head after that from one of the entities that was there, and I fell into the floor and my body rolled without control. This may sound as an exagertion but is not, my head still hurts because the damage was deep into my spiritual and phyisical body.

After that I take more serious when a spirit tells me “don’t tell”.

Revolution- Change.

This isn’t change, per say, it’s a civil war. Both sides have targets painted on their heads and the tanks are being assembled. Secrecy versus the open, domination versus sharing, the controllers versus the uncontrollable.

One day, and soon, it’ll come to a spearhead and it will break out in full.

And if you’re not a combatant you’re but a casualty and in the way.

Take it from me, you heard it here first everyone. A storm’s a coming.

Eternally,

-Sev

[quote=“Sevarn304, post:6, topic:2709”]Revolution- Change.

This isn’t change, per say, it’s a civil war. Both sides have targets painted on their heads and the tanks are being assembled. Secrecy versus the open, domination versus sharing, the controllers versus the uncontrollable.

One day, and soon, it’ll come to a spearhead and it will break out in full.

And if you’re not a combatant you’re but a casualty and in the way.

Take it from me, you heard it here first everyone. A storm’s a coming.

Eternally,

-Sev[/quote]

There has always been a war. Life is war, a war for survival.

EDIT: Ohhh that sounds dark lol.

Tis not a war for survival I discuss. I discuss a war for the sake of the ability to use magic, not to survive it.