SPIRIT BOARDS- to buy or DIY?

I have been batting aournd working with a spirit board lately. Ouija is cheap easy blah blah. but I have found sites which have dozens- everything from hello kitty to you name it. As I was listening to EA in his latest podcast thing- he mentioned his discussions with Somnus Dreadwood- which I was happy about as I am a member if his coven. I was wondering though, What is EA’s thoughts on perhaps I would be well served or not paying the $250 for the Spirit Board The Black Temple sells- or perhaps he knows of a line with a better Results or maybe I should just DIY make one for myself? Does it matter? What is everyone elses experiances and opinions?
I remember when I was about 9 using one at a friends house- we had a great time that night following the footimpressions in the carpet around the house- nothing bad happened although some people got scared and bitched alot. This all kinda goes back to my other post of “Blasting open the leaden casket” issue.

I’m not sure what i’m always doing wrong as spirit board that has already satanic symbolism in it, or any self made board either. has never worked those times i have tried… Do you need to be on room isolated from all electronics or what? maybe its just too much to expect that glass to move on its own…

I wouldn’t pay 200 bucks for something you can pick up at hastings for 20 bucks that will give you the same results.

When I used to use a Ouija Board by myself it didn’t work like it should either. It usually ends up with me clearing my mind, putting my hands on the board and planchette, and then I usually hear the answer to the question I wanted to ask. The board itself didn’t do anything. The act in using it was just a means of psychodrama for me.

IMO the key is not to rely on such devices because it can hinder the growth of your abilities. The results you get from using devices for divination doesn’t come from the device itself, it comes from you. I’ve seen to many gifted people in my life put to much value in devices like this, which in result kept them from reaching their fullest potential because they became powerless without their devices. The best thing you can do is let it serve it’s purpose for you, learn from it and grow from the experience. Never become attached.

My only advice is whatever you choose to do just do it for the experience and question everything. Trust in yourself, not in the devices you use.

[quote author=Black Flame link=topic=4514.msg54779#msg54779 date=1416101646]

I’m not sure what i’m always doing wrong as spirit board that has already satanic symbolism in it, or any self made board either. has never worked those times i have tried… Do you need to be on room isolated from all electronics or what? maybe its just too much to expect that glass to move on its own…

cj lee is right that the power doesnt reside in the board but in you, however you are still physically moving a planchette around a board/table. when i first started with a board, i found it much easier to manupulate something smaller, my favorite being an bottlecap turned onto its shiny side, that i could manipulate using just one finger. i then found it much easier to concentrate on the energies that were pulling inside my hand to guide me toward the letters. the most important thing is to trust yourself.

Most of the time i have tried without actually touching the glass :smiley: i’m actually expecting the glass to move on by itself ( this is because i have heard people claim that their glass even fly to the wall ) when i put my fingers on it i feel kind of stupid, because if the spirits could move my hand (which i do offer to them) then they could probably as easily to talk inside my head so… If we are using a board that is outside us, i would prefer if the glass moved without me touching it even if it sounds so incredibly much. Then maybe this after all is just wrong method for me even if i’m somewhat fascinated by it.

FWIW, you can buy a Ouija Board at Wal Mart for (I forgot exactly) about $15. They’re in the board games area.

The only way I’d put in the time and effort to make a spirit board would be if it were designed in a way that provided information mot available on a store bought board and work with only one dedicated spirit. You don’t want just any spirit providing you with information, you want a spirit you’ve estabished a relationship with not something you’ve decided on a whim to give you information or guidance. You can do the same with a plain old Ouija brand board.

You can buy one cheaper than make one, you could buy a few actually for the price of a custom board. Making a board is a bitch to be honest. If you’re burning or engraving a board expect around 16-20 hrs of work when you include polishing and finishing the board. It has to be level and smooth so the planchette can glide easily. This is why they’re expensive when custom made.