Spell of Empowerment

Okay. Crazy idea here. One thing that beginners always say about magick is that it’s hard to get into. I am wondering if anyone has any ideas on creating a spell that could kickstart the process. Some way of directing an enormous surge of energy into them. It doesn’t really have to only be beginners either. Any ideas on creating a spell that can exponentially boost a fellow magickian’s abilities are welcome.

4 Likes

Banish your self-doubt and bind your overconfidence. You will find yourself second-guessing your workings less, and you won’t grow arrogant in your ability.

2 Likes

@Anziel_Merkaba ??? That doesn’t answer the OP at all. Concrete ideas for workings.

Oh, but you fail to realize, if you eliminate self-doubt, your workings become more potent because you are more sure of their success.

It’s very useful for those just starting out.

@Anziel_Merkaba I am talking about concrete spells. We have enough general advice pages.

I actually just recently did a ritual to bind my own self-doubt, it worked wonderfully.

I came up with a symbol to represent myself, slapped it in the middle of a banishing pentagram, placed five candles at the points of the pentagram, then stated my intent to banish my self-doubt as I lit the candles along the trace of the star in a counterclockwise direction.

I mean, I could say how I used energy manipulation to essentially flood my body with energies to forcibly expand my potential, but that isn’t really ritualistic…

5 Likes

@Anziel_Merkaba [quote=“Aquas_Veritem, post:6, topic:18991”]
I came up with a symbol to represent myself, slapped it in the middle of a banishing pentagram, placed five candles at the points of the pentagram, then stated my intent to banish my self-doubt as I lit the candles along the trace of the star in a counterclockwise direction.
[/quote]
Could we banish someone else’s self doubt though? Any ideas on how to do that?[quote=“Aquas_Veritem, post:6, topic:18991”]
I mean, I could say how I used energy manipulation to essentially flood my body with energies to forcibly expand my potential, but that isn’t really ritualistic…
[/quote]
I never said it had to be ritualistic.

Yes, everything has an energy, it can be banished.[quote=“TheStorm, post:7, topic:18991”]
never said it had to be ritualistic.
[/quote]

Plain picky.

???[quote=“Aiden_Crow, post:8, topic:18991”]
Yes, everything has an energy, it can be banished.
[/quote]
Thank you.

Read the thread wrong nvm

1 Like

This may sound trite as not all people will want the same thing from magick.

My own experience is that due to health issues I can’t raise energy or perform my own variants of a ritual working as regularly as I want to and I suspect that many people also find that their lives clash with a full blown circle casting on a daily basis.

I think really the trick is to do something small on a daily basis, and allow the energy levels to build up.

For me this means that I burn incense and chant enns along with talking to the entities as I do my work (I work by myself so this may be difficult to effect if you are sitting in a call centre).

Burning a candle and visualising, allowing the focus to shift in and out whilst reciting the enn as a form of meditation.

Reading up on an entity’s name, practising its sigil, creating sigils, preparing new sigils for work you intend to do - I think that they are all valid in building up.

It’s not just a one off ritual that you say “there I have done that - gold star for me”, rather it is ongoing and building energy that you can control and manipulate.

You may even consider creating a reflective diary and noting how these quantum changes manifest into larger ones.

That is simply my take on this and how I would approach it in a structured manner over a period of time that you could stick to.

Personally speaking if I were completely new to this I wouldn’t be certain if I had the experience, maturity, knowledge or wisdom to deal with such a huge influx of energy as you suggest.

Someone mentioned self doubt as being a killer, yes, I would agree, but it is also doubt in what you are doing and if you are constantly checking for results because you have a vested interest.

The way I see my own rituals is as investments in that I invest my time, efforts, energy, desires, hopes, dreams with these entities and they will do the appropriate trading for me in order to get the best result.

Until that result materialises I may look or check the paper and see that the initial stock value has gone down and panic, but then think “why, that’s silly - this hasn’t come to fruition yet”. I know I will get what I want, it comes to me when I am ready and mature enough to truly appreciate it.

Perhaps this is not what you wished to read - I don’t know…

1 Like