Speak in the tongues of the spirits video

In the above said video ( provided link but not sure if link works) EA lights some sort of urn with a controlled flame. I find this tool intriguing. Anyone know what it is and more importantly what’s in it to create such a small controlled flame? Thanks - YouTube

1 Like

I think it’s alcohol, Everclear (?) or something like that, but am not sure, hopefully someone who uises fire scrying more than me can help. The lighting part is around 1:08. He’s used that object it’s in in other videos.

2 Likes

E.A. has mentioned Everclear before, so that’s very likely. If you want something that will burn longer, you can buy cans of Ethanol Gel that they use in modern fireplaces.

2 Likes

Don’t quote me on it but alcohol/everclear burns pretty rapidly- could be wrong not sure as back in the day we’d just light shot glass on fire then take the shot :blush:-dont miss them days- whoops got side tracked. so not really sure. I’m sure that’s not what’s being used but what exactly are inscense coals? Do you light them and they actually stay lit? I’ve seen them they look like rocks. Not the discs- coals

1 Like

Dunno, sorry - I only ever used the discs, because you can heap incense onto them nicely.

A shot glass is pretty small, and might contain something that burns less cleanly? This is all a bit of a mystery to me, I understand conceptually how a car engine keeps the combustion mix at the correct ratios, but lighting other flammable liquids for a sustained flame is beyond me. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Revisited old post just because I tried it- burning plain old rubbing alcohol works great and burns clean and is much cheaper then everclear Although that raises another interesting question- I recently watched the lecture to golden dawn video and the topic of most potent gateways- fire, blood, running water- all checked and done. However the comment was made the fire must be consuming something- well obviously if a fire is burning it’s consulate fuel in this case the rubbing alcohol? Do you think this counts? Or do I need to throw I. Animal carczmk in there?

1 Like

Not normally, people use fire as a gateway all the time, even most modern cremation services have a line like “We now commit N.'s body to the flame” which is pretty primal when you consider how agnistic most ordinary people are in western Europe. There’s somewhat of a subtext that the flame is a place rather than a process.