Soul traveleing into someone is akin to possession

Agreed. Personal space.[quote=“Godmagus, post:1, topic:20298”]
. Astral travel into someone elses body is just as bad as possession there are serious dangers to this
[/quote]

You mean that IS possession?[quote=“Godmagus, post:1, topic:20298”]
. The aspiring magician could siphon your very magickal essence from you and bring it into his/her etheral double and bring it back to their body
[/quote]

Correct. That’s why you shield however.[quote=“Godmagus, post:1, topic:20298”]
is completely immoral and wrong
[/quote]

Morality means nothing.[quote=“TheStorm, post:9, topic:20298, full:true”]
The thing is though if HONEST CONSENT HAS BEEN ESTABLISHED, then it’s no different from a normal possession. It’s an act of trust. There are benefits to this. A good sorcerer can work with you by possessing you to open up gateways that would otherwise have remained locked.
[/quote]

Indeed, very well put.[quote=“Aluriel, post:10, topic:20298”]
would always advice to do divination before considering allowing another magician to influence you in any way. Your intuition knows when something is not good for you, you just have to ask and acknowledge the answer.
[/quote]

Yes, correct.[quote=“Aluriel, post:10, topic:20298”]
Also remember that not everyone is like this. There really is no true gain or benefit to the people that harm others for no reason.
[/quote]

Yep.[quote=“anon20147451, post:14, topic:20298”]
Respect, in all cases, is paramount. If there is respect, there are only benefits to this.
[/quote]

Yes.

It’s a valid practice

2 Likes

For the most part I agree with what you have to say. I guess with my “code” (I prefer to think of it as my set of ideas I observe are true and form my core beliefs), I would only justify doing a possession of/soul travel to a person if the person in question has done me an equal or greater act of harm or invasive treatment, but it doesn’t mean I would want to do that. Besides I wouldn’t get in the head of someone who I think is pretty repulsive. It’s probably better to defeat your enemies from a distance.
It’s just simple logic in my opinion.

1 Like

For those of you that can astral travel, if you want to come around me and speak a word in my head, a name or something, that would be fine.
This way I can safely confirm if and when I pick up on it. And this is safe for everyone.

1 Like

Logic has its uses within the human mind. I believe the magickal mind is different IMO

See this would be okay. Can you pick up on astral impressions

Same here :grinning: storm is the man with the plan

I once possessed the body of a Chinese man on accident. I must have had control of his body for several minutes and I didn’t even know how I got there. I didn’t try to gain access to his memories or try to know anything about him I was just so astonished to be in the body of another person and was more tripping out on it than anything else.

3 Likes

Was it this guy?

8 Likes

Lololol too funny :joy_cat:

2 Likes

My ability to sense Astral impressions is limited. Happens now and then. Just thought that, with a sorcerer that has a strong mind and aura, they might be able to come to me and project a word at me. Something that I can relay back to confirm that I got it.
I like the idea of being Possessed, as long as it is safe for all parties concerned. When I thing I sense someone around me, I open up say “come in”. Haven’t really noticed anything.
Though I am beginning to sense when someone is staring at me. And sometimes sensing a presence to my right, behind me, etc. It happens when I am thinking on other mundane things.
Could just be my own aura and energy.

Seems like common knowledge.