Soul travel Questions

So let me get this straight with soul travel you can talk to someones subconscience to influence them? I’m starting to feel like Magic is good with the help of spirits. But why rely on them if you can do it with your own powers. Does this make sense to any one?

Why rely on spirits? You would not be here without them.

That simple.

Most people who ask questions like yours (and I’m not criticizing you for it, just clarifying) end up in New Age Communities or praying to angels. There is an underlying fear in your subconscious that some spirits will mess with you. They will mess with you either way, and the more you try to avoid them the more they will mess with you because you will be as a worthless piece of shit to them.

Let me clarify again: The reason you are here is because a spirit led you here. You may not be aware of it but that’s how it works. So what I would do in your case is begin to appease them through offerings.

Then work with them , instead of without them, to enhance your soul travel abilities. You would spiritually castrate yourself by refusing to work with spirits.

This comment is worth gold btw, but here it is for free and you will probably think its worthless.

Yes (to both) - you can speak to someone’s Higher Self, something I’ve discussed on here a few times, including in ways that are designed to manipulate that person’s actions: you can also implant thoughts and use soul travel techniques identical to the ones used in healing to damage people, implant illnesses, implant traumas… just like a scalpel, what can heal can also harm.

This was based on stuff I learned and I’m not sure what’s covered in the course on this site, however 99% of what I learned was targeted towards healing & “white light” uses just because that market is bigger, and yet those methods can very easily be adapted.

Yes (to both) - you can speak to someone’s Higher Self, something I’ve discussed on here a few times, including in ways that are designed to manipulate that person’s actions: you can also implant thoughts and use soul travel techniques identical to the ones used in healing to damage people, implant illnesses, implant traumas… just like a scalpel, what can heal can also harm.

This was based on stuff I learned and I’m not sure what’s covered in the course on this site, however 99% of what I learned was targeted towards healing & “white light” uses just because that market is bigger, and yet those methods can very easily be adapted.[/quote]

Have you read the Keys of Ocat? Connolly has a section about soul surgery in this book that is really interesting and could be utilized in the same fashion. She leaves it open on baneful magick, but with some tweaking I could figure it out.

I don’t see it as relying on spirits at all, though I do see your point. If a magician was capable of an act by himself, why enlist the aid of a spirit?

The answer, for me at least, can be thought of like this: during an evocation, the spirit acts as the force, while the operator acts as the director of said force. In a manner very similar to the relationship between Chokmah and Binah, the spirit (an effectively unlimited, though completely undirected force) is given form, function and direction by the operator, like a fireman directing a flow of water.

In the case of simple spellwork, the operator does not have access to this unlimited source of force, and must rely on his own limited stores.

1 Like

Here’s another way to look at this.

As a human being, you are capable of putting in the time to learn a new subject, practice the subject, and eventually master the subject, so why ever pay someone else to do something for you (like why pay a plumber to fix your sink, or why pay an electrician to wire your house, or why pay an illustrator to create artwork for a book you plan to sell)?

If you spend all your time doing everything yourself it will slow you down immensely and often won’t be completed as well or as quickly as if you paid an expert. Also, by working together with others, we accomplish more as a group and can achieve higher/harder goals.

The same goes for working with entities.

You could learn to control healing energies, or summon an entity of healing to do it for you. You could learn to master manipulation, or summon an entity to do it for you. etc.

Of course, if something you are wanting to accomplish is very personal, or you want a very strong control over exactly how it is done, you should do it yourself or ask the entities to mentor you while you do it, but if you have 10 tasks to do, do the most important task yourself (or the one you are most skilled in) and summon 9 entities to do the other tasks while you’re busy.

1 Like

These are all very good points. Thank you everyone for your input. Right now evocation and other works are my main method of getting things done. You are right when u say that we can’t do anything without the spirits. I truly acknowledge that and I’m thankful for all their help. But that being said sometimes you want the satisfaction of doing it completely yourself. I guess soul travel is the final step.im def on board to learn.