Somnus Dreadwood

@Aiden_Crow Yes. I believe that the idea there is to take the telekinesis learned in the previous chapter and solidify the abillity to apply it against other humans.

Have you watched Adam Thoth’s videos on telekinesis he does that

@Eye_of_Ra Yes. I have.

1 Like

The bolded part reminded me of these spells from World of Warcraft:

"[Aspect of the Beast]
[Aspect of the Cheetah**]
[Aspect of the Fox]
[Aspect of the Hawk]
[Aspect of the Iron Hawk]
[Aspect of the Pack] "

Although there is A LOT of roleplaying and fictional elements to the Maergzjiran current, that doesn’t mean it’s ineffective. Chaos magick is actually a thing, you know.

Besides, I think many magicians, myself included, have prejudices against the powers of fiction. The Goetia has the same legitimacy as Simon’s Necronomicon, if you really want to go there. Both work. Hell, people even work with Lovecraftian entities, Elder Scrolls gods, and so on which are explicitly fictional (though some would deny this, especially in the case for the former class of entities).

I think people should look into it, take what they like, and throw away what they think is useless garbage.

And ff , people , don’t join cults, especially if they have a JCI mentality.

(Yes, I am aware that this is an old thread. I wasn’t around at the time it was made, so I wanted to throw my 2 cents here).

1 Like

Did you just say “Elder scroll gods”

WHERE DO I SIGN UP??

3 Likes

Here’s something that might be of interest to you.

http://www.occultforum.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=33099

Alternatively, you can look up on the search bar if anyone has worked with them here. I linked this thread because it was what I read before.

1 Like

This D&D/gaming/magick crossover, there’s got to be a fine line between enthusiasts who have all the models for the game/universe in a display case or on their main focal point of desk or a shelf, and just having idols for the actual “current” and its founders in a shrine.

My own desk looks not unlike a shrine with the stuff I have on it, and I bet a few people here have the same kind of setup, the things that matter to you most carefully arranged by hierarchy, where their presence warms your dark heart. :stuck_out_tongue:

So I say man up, unapologetically embrace that tendency, rake in the merchbux, and release licensed figures of yourselves and the spirits, with the correct paint pallete to do them in (extra for an acrylic display case with sigil decals of course).

Haters gonna hate whatever you do, and at least this way you won’t waste energy running from it. :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

I’m a former member of the Cabal, Var was my mentor, he tried to kill me when he fucked up and threw me under the bus. My gf at the time joined and I tried to pull her out, I dropped them after she left to another state and I never saw her again. Their website has since gone down, and Somnus placed a blood-bounty on my head 3 years ago, they’re still after me to this day and I’ve been in hiding. I helped my original mentor write the book on necromancy (literally), there were only a handful of published copies we used.

Needless to say, stay away from this hack and his crew.

@Blaq I am sorry to hear that, but if you need to do drama and start some kind of fight, it needs to be on another platform and not this forum.

I have sent you a PM and hope you can respect our rules.

Oh I know, I wasn’t trying to start anything.

Just sending a message.

The Dungeons and Dragons conspiracy is complete bullshit. This statement is coming from a practitioner who has actually worked with Dreadwood’s books, has knowledge and discernment of tongues and theology… if you cross reference the mantras or “whispers” in Dreadwood’s books, they are very similar to mantras and whispers found within Jewish, Hindu, and Slavic sources of practical magick… alot of these whispers are a solid combination between Latin, Hebrew, and Hungarian tongues. He might be inspired by dungeons and dragons, in certain key phrases used to describe the powers of specific spirits, but this magick and these realms are definitely not taken from fantasy, and I have seen results from this magick

1 Like

I am going to copy and paste a response I sent to somebody over facebook in response to a question if I owned the “Rites in the 13 Tongues” book, here are my results with the book thus far:
“Yes, I have that book. I used it alot when I was living with a drunken roommate and his abusive girlfriend. I managed to succeed in using the magick from that book, combined with other books of practical magick I was using to get her caught, and arrested for beating the shit out of him, without any physical words or interaction on my part towards the local police. A myriad of other things took place such as the legitimate feeling of my apartment being “haunted”, and my roommate going through a myriad of emotional changes… end result: it made my roommate more humble and respectful of my powers and beliefs, even making him seek to become lesser of a hypocrite and a better Christian (ironic, but still observable as a result from the chaos I was wreaking) after a week or two of being suicidal and nearly drinking himself to death he finally gave in and realized I was right all along in my advice towards him as a friend and that he had no need for such an abusive partner. I utilized the spirits and mantras from the Tower of Atrophy quite a bit at the time, combined with empowerment rites from the Iron Throne, and topping it off with the martial combat utilized from the Tower of the Fallen, and of course the Umbra tower delivered quite a massive punch of course combined with pantheons of other outside sources, such as Japanese, dark shintoism, and chinese really helped as well”

3 Likes

I would say even if it was based on fantasy that wouldn’t detract from its power at all. I have worked with chaos magick and gods based off of warhammer 40k and often received stronger more immediate results than working with many popular spirits. It is all about how you structure the magick to draw from that reality and concept. If it is poorly structured and what you are drawing from is poorly structured and weak then so will the results be and vice versa. I have only read one of his books and it wasn’t too much of a practical content heavy one and nothing in it beyond a couple of things has been relevant enough for me to work with but what was there served its purpose. Not quite for me until i can get more in depth knowledge.

Main point is it doesn’t matter whether it is based in supposed ‘fantasy’ or ‘real’ stuff so long as it works and don’t discount anything just because of its base. Actually if you have any good places to look further into it without having the books on hand that would be great because I have been curious as to the more loaded stuff and it supposedly being based on DnD honestly makes me more interested because that does hold a fond place for me that would let me connect to that style and similarity much the same as connecting to other supposedly fictional paths that are just as valid and real as any other.

1 Like

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum @hythyn. Please post an introduction in the NEW MAGICIAN AND INTRODUCTIONS area, and tell us about yourself and any experience you may have in magick. It is a rule of this forum.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Introduce Yourself To Members Of The Forum

Bunch of crazy RHP cultists that worship some fat emo chop.

And I apologize for insulting the cultists. I was wondering if you would move this thread to the white magic and RHP section, seeing as they’re a bunch of JCI type cultists. I would understand if you feel the need to delete my previous two comments.

I have buy a grimoire and other things from Black Corps Ascendency shop but unfortunately I have never received anything and no response to my message.

1 Like

Exactly, these claims are actually quite common on this site. I don’t think frauds should be allowed to get their potential marks here.

1 Like