Sometimes feeling nothing during a banishing. Is it normal sometimes?

Sometimes I feel nothing during a banishing ritual. Is this normal when nothing is feeding and attached? The intention is there, everything is. Maybe it’s overkill because I banish often and plan to create wards eventually.

But yea…is it common amongst some of us?

Why banish so frequently and how often do you do it? Honestly wondering, as since I started working with the Goetics, there is hardly a reason to banish in my household. Every-so-often, I’ll feel an ankle-biter slip in and absolve it of the sin of trespassing, but it’s not frequent.

1 Like

Oh, I meant as in practicing for now. It will not be that much banishing. Just getting the hang of it, memorizing, etc.

1 Like

sometimes a person can get use to the energy of a particular ritual or presence that theyre use to it to a point they may think they feel nothing but really their might simply registered it as something of a common occurrence.

3 Likes

Ah, if it’s part of your practice phase, then by all means, do it as you feel you should.

Some people banish daily, thinking there must be some negative entity lurking around every corner that must be dealt with before a it turns into some sort of negative entity welcome mat. Most of us aren’t that special that the negative entities are queued up to move in once the banishing is done…

2 Likes

I’ll have to take it easy, though. Last thing I’d want to do is banish an entitity I legitimately called lol. Now that wouldn’t be so nice.

1 Like

Set your intent prior to the ritual that that is a condition of it. I don’t banish ALL energies. My intent is to banish “unwanted” energies. I often do a sort of clearing after the ritual is over (if it was a working) and set the exclusion of whichever entities are in the area using intent.

1 Like

Sounds good. Would you say a good intention would be “My intent of this ritual is to banish any and all entities I have not called into my space, temple and home” ?

Should I include something more powering?

1 Like

I typically don’t say anything, but that’s my way of doing it. If you think that’s enough, then it is, as long as you’re clear on the inside about what you want to accomplish (leaving the energies you want). If you want something more forceful, then go for it. It’s about you setting your intent, however that works for you.

1 Like

Yes it is normal not to feel things all the time. Psychic senses fade in and out among most people and it is nothing to be overly concerned with if you have a dedicated practice.

Banishing is a good skill to practice no matter if you ‘need to’ or not. It builds the magical imagination, helps solidify will and intent, and overall grows the budding magicians power bit by bit. If nothing else it is a nice sort of ‘walking meditation’ and you get to play with energies that are not overtly harmful to you.

3 Likes