Something of a Satanist question

What to you makes someone a real satanist? What should one do to be recognized as such? Should they read material like the Satanic bible? Should they expand that reading beyond just the works of Lavey?

I know there are different sects of Satanism, but I’m asking regarding people who just want to mimic what the media shows them.

1 Like

Like to get attention for worshipping?

People will assume everything if you start wearing all the edgy attire and post edgy pictures and music.

This is a sight for practing magicians, try to keep that in mind.

Someone who actively practices satanic magick its a very braod and general statement.

Like what makes someone christian?
The jesus stickers on the back of their car or going to church.

1 Like

It seems to me that atheist satanism takes up most of the Satanist community with Laveyanism and TST (the Satanic Temple). My interactions with TST Satanists in the past taught me one thing, they think they’re the only “real satanists”. Most of them think that their sect of satanism is the only legit satanism. Laveyan Satanists are the same way, in fact they’re even worse. Way worse. I’ve met some Laveyans that are so stuck up on themselves and being a “real satanist” that their toxicity made me nauseas. I loathe the Satanist community tbh. Atheist satanism imo is not real satanism, even though 95% of the Satanist community would disagree with me and rip me to shreds if they saw me saying that. For most of my years I would fall into the category of spiritual/theistic satanism (real satanism imo). My path has evolved and I don’t consider myself a satanist anymore. But some people who know what I practice might disagree. People will always have their opinions. But in my opinion atheism is not satanism, despite what most of the Satanic community would say.

5 Likes

Most likely some convoluted criteria you’ll never fill.

1 Like

Read everything you can about being a Satanist. I have my own version of being a Satanist. I can go by the old meaning of the word.

Fuck off of being part of any collective. Do you boo. Even here, I laugh at the naivete of some that actually believe we ascend as group. HAHA! Even real Xtians know its a spiritual battle.
anigif_sub-buzz-2281-1570268618-1%20(1)

I love the simple Sith code.

There is only the SELF.

4 Likes

Hello!
To me, Satanism means to worship the self (in a religious way). He who decides what good and evil is, functions as God, because he is the highest moral instance and has power over your conscience. So God is in my opinion not primarily a kind of being, but a role someone holds. No one but yourself! is allowed to be at that place in Satanism! Find and execute your true will, that is essentially, not the will of ppl, of whom you might think they are true Satanists and execute their way. No one but the single Satanist defines what Satanism means in his daily life. How you view the world influences your actions and by your actions you create your world (-> God function).

3 Likes

Exactly lmao

A Satanist is one whose core being is optimally utilised for the earth’s plane in conjunction with core key fundamentals that highlight the true nature of our being without platitude.

Lol ikr :laughing:

I cut my baby teeth on Anton LaVey. He taught atheistic Magic(k) and that’s the ultimate left hand path Magick - doing it all by yourself - just fucking you, or should I type ‘You’? Don’t get me wrong, I’m a theistic Satanist. However if you don’t practice theistic Magick then I guess that it doesn’t (really) exist.

Al.
P.s. Anyway, I’m better than you. I have a couple of Church of Satan T-shirts plus Anton’s Satanic Mass CD. I also wear cheap inverted pentagram jewellery and a smile that has ‘I need a strong drink’ written all over it.

3 Likes

The sarcasm is strong in this one.
Maybe you should read Anton LaVey’s chapter on psychodrama in his so called “satanic bible”. The “magic” practiced in the COS isn’t magic at all. Its psychodrama. LaVey himself even called it psychodrama. Its nothing more than psychic therapy for ex Christians. What is atheist magic anyway? That’s the silliest thing I’ve ever heard. But not believing in anything is the “ultimate left hand path magic” huh? I can’t tell if that’s sarcasm or not, but it must be because it sounds too silly to be what you actually believe. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

I feel like Chaos magick is a strong contender for athiestic magick.

1 Like

What makes one to be a satanist? Surely if the first thing by waking up is to think about Satan :heart:

1 Like

I have studied a lot of LaVey’s and others writings about him. LaVey practiced atheistic Magick workings alone. My greatest Magickal operation was an atheistic one - no spiritual entities - just me. OK, it wasn’t a ritual working but it was a Magickal one. And it’ll just keep going long after my demise.

The lhp is about becoming a living God(dess) not relying upon Gods and Goddesses.
Anyway…

Al.

1 Like

To each their own I guess. I learned in 8th grade science class that energy can never die, it can only become something else. This is why I believe in spirits and energies that move with no fleshy prison. I am a goddess and I can’t die spiritually. My body can die, but that is only one journey. As a witch I just don’t care for that psychodrama stuff because it serves no purpose to someone like me. I don’t need ritualistic drama to feed my ego, but some do apparently.

3 Likes

I am a theist. I have worked with spirits, but I also do a lot of non-spirit Magick, like energy collection/direction, paradigm workings or charging sigils. For raising energy levels I reckon psychodrama would be excellent.

Al.

1 Like

Can I just take this opportunity, once again, to strongly suggest Lords of the Left Hand Path by Stephen E. Flowers? As would be expected, LaVey gets in depth analysis. He doesn’t provide recipes or formulae, but he does provide tested principles with interesting suggestions. Often it’s not what LaVey states, as much as what he suggests.

Al.
P.s. I’m not sure that Anton was an atheist and Aquino wrote about that in The Church of Satan, another book I highly recommend.

1 Like

I’m not a satanist, nor do I care for anything satanic or any of the various satanic paths. I’m very knowledgeable in satanism because I was a satanist until I discovered luciferianism. I was a Luciferian for years. But that was then. I’m a necromancer and a worshipper of Qayin. I don’t care for satanism and I don’t read on satanism anymore. But Anton was an atheist. Lol. He only wrote three books on atheism, founded a religion based on his atheism, and shared his atheist beliefs with millions before he died.