Something more to this? (Dream ramble incoming)

It’s been a minute, but had another not so much crazy, but weird one. Whats more is I can’t shake that there was something important here, but for the life of me, I don’t know what it is yet.
~~~~~Dream
~ I am in my front yard. I am hammering a steel plate on a not so stable stool. It keeps tipping over and I have to try and coax it back onto the stool without touching it. I can see I am shaping it, but it needs more heat. Time is slipping by and I think I will be late for muster, but a guy comes by and tells me we got the day and exam off to go see a new band? ~
~~~~~Shifting
~Early scientists noticed that Mars had a chunk missing from it when they first saw it with telescopes. This giant V shaped swath is reminiscent of an ax cutting a wide V in a log. It is more probably the result of a giant asteroid that cut a path through it to leave it in it’s form~
~~~~~Shifting
~I am in a house where I live with other people. There was a party last night and a lot of people got wasted drunk. One of the girls who lives there has her door open and is getting out of the shower and changing into her clothes. I walk around the corner so she won’t notice that I saw her. I hear her talking on the phone with someone about a stick she uses for manifesting. I come around the corner and she is standing at the door as if she was waiting for me. I stutter something like, “Hey I …ummm… just saw you were in and I’d been meaning to… I overheard something about manifesting?”. She smirks and says,“yeah?”. I continue, “I just was wondering if you practiced in the occult and might be able to help me?”. She smiles broadly and I see her fully as a short petite girl, around her mid twenties, with black hair and a red streak through the right of it. “I guess I can ask Legba” All of a sudden she has stepped behind a counter in an open air store. She pulls out a chicken carcass and a cleaver and begins preparing it. “Oh, I have never really dealt with him, have you perhaps ever spoken to the Goatia?” She smiles and laughs and turns to a taller slender man who is also in his twenties. “Finally, do you know how long I’ve wanted someone to say that here!” She comes out from around the counter and she has a deck of tarotish cards. She shuffles them in her hand and then pulls one at random. She smile again, “Oooo glitter…” I see for a second a white card with what looks like a persons outline on it emanating a blue, pink, and purple aura. She holds it up to me and is looking through it at me. The back of the card is covered in artwork that looks like red and yellow intertwined vines. At the top and bottom the vines form what looks to be a small face. They rock slightly right and left and for a second I think one of them winks at me. She seems disappointed and says, “Oh, you are one of those…” The card instantly becomes a small piece of paper with quickly scrawled hand writing on it. She hands it to me dismissively and goes back to the counter. I read it, but it is talking about someone else. I take it up to her at the counter and hand it back. “This isn’t me, I am nothing like this” She looks at me and says,“But that’s what it says”. I continue and go through the list expounding on how i am almost the exact opposite of everything there. “Maybe it’s a lie or joke. I’ve spoken with Lady Lilith before, maybe she can explain what’s happening.” She smiles again. I turn to look up, but even though it is near 8pm, the sky is only slightly darkened. The tall man is next to me, I never even heard him approach. “Yeah the moon’s not up yet, the time is different here.” I look at him and begin to ask something and he says, “Look” pointing back up at the sky. There are purple rock fragments floating high in the air. Between them there are fireworks going off. I stand with the 2 of them looking at the beautiful scene above…~
~~~~~I wake
I sat lying in my bed for a while. I have been trying to practice something when I first wake up, but I couldn’t concentrate. Something in me tells me that this was something important and to look deeper. At the moment, though, I don’t know where to start. Maybe meditation, but that has yet to reveal anything profound to me outside new feelings and energies. There is no real question here, I just have this stuck in my head and felt that putting it outside might bring something out of it.

2 Likes

You should consider starting a dream journal here. It will allow you to post all your dreams in one place, and to open the floor for comments if need clarification on any particular dream.

1 Like

Yeah, I probably should. Usually I just write them in my little college rule notebook for later perusal though so not to bother others with my incoherent thoughts lol. This one and a few others hit different though. I guess it’s the selfish part of me that is looking elsewhere for instant insight that has me place them out into the forum. I want to work through it and figure it out, but I also have that thought that says, “Put it up and maybe this time something will be made clear”. Dunno. Mixed feelings. Probably the hardest part of the path is not having anyone to really talk to about things and give it the ol’ conversational once over.

1 Like