Something interesting, Lovecraft related

So I was fucking around on Google and I found this. As to whether or not the attributions of the spirits and the spheres are correct I’m unsure and will check but it’s still interesting nonetheless.

3 Likes

That looks like Donald Tyson’s attempt to shoe horn the Lovecraft beings onto the Tree of Life from his version of the Necronomicon.

2 Likes

That’s what I was thinking but then again I wouldn’t mind a system like that. But I would take a different approach.

1 Like

Azathoths place on there is definitely right. It’s the others that would be troublesome.

1 Like

Yeah, Tyson tried to force the beings into some elemental correspondences that don’t really fit them, like Cthulhu being assigned Water simply because of him being trapped in his city under the ocean, and a lot of magicians who work Lovecraftian magick disagree with his attributions, but his system works regardless.

That’s the thing with fictional paradigms: they can be bent to agree with practically any system, even Kabbalah.

2 Likes

Eh while it sounds useful i didn’t find it of much use in application. Partly cause the energies of the tree are so vastly different than that of the old ones and also cause it attempts to impose alot of duality on these entities where i have found while they do deal with polarity they are not very dualistic in nature doesnt help his work doesn’t consider the quillpoth(sp).

Still alot of good info and gnosis to be found in tysons work though. Thw attempt at place setting the entites of that current into the kaballah are my only issue with it. :alien:

2 Likes