Something beside LBRP/pre evokation Power-up?

I understand the reasons for doing LBRP and other types of things- i have done them, and really, they just do not help; hate to say it, but when i get done I have a serious “AAhh fuk this shit !” No matter how much I listen to all the “Hey, I am a super mage here is why you gotta or else” crap-
If I feel the need to send the boogy man packing or need to clean out residues etc {which I can and will do when needed} I can do that. but
what is there as a Pre Ritual POWER UP THE ROCKETS! Not only for my Sanctum, but for me. Right now I listen to about 1/2 of Binaural isochronic and solfeggio, but still looking for something which will say take my 3 X repitition Zazas… excercize from “Opening the Doors” to “Blowing them the fuk of the hinges” and making a current like the congo of irresistable desire for communion for those i am calling for.
maybe what I am asking for is a suicide run for someone somewhat padwan Learner and novice as me- but I understand EA’s mindset with things and, well, as a kid- and most of my life I was always the first person to jump off the roof. in the army I wasn’t happy unless I was point.
Anyone got anything- or am I being an idiot? because if i am- does anyone got anything?
Thankx

None of that orderly ritual drama directional stuff made it through to me.Ay be I’m just careless. I do like the idea of new systems…so like Frater, I encourage anyone to share anything that works for them.

However, through atavistic resurgence I have done many dramatic STEPS…most of which I could not describe. Chaos essentially. Turning on the water outside and drenching my face…gasping for the breathe of the gods

I probably shouldn’t say anything…I work in such a way…really embarasing…like waiting till the night before the project is due. Fear works for me…and I’m not scared of anything except inability to do something …and bugs.

In a weather working back in December I took several shots of Fernet liquor while turning Van Halen , “run in with the devil” UP loud. I think I broke something? Lots and lots of yelling. Atavistic resurgence in the end. Doing something as if written on the back of your hand. I disregarded any outsiders seeing me and the working ended when I realized a young girl across the street was screaming and jumping around adsactly as I was. whenever she sees me she signals for me, “yeah! Keep on!”

So yeah…my advice…alcohol part of it? Certain things are certain. Other things should mostly be avoided unless an emergency procedure. I used the Fernet which was strong in proof…but using very little of it …in with the loud music reminder…to try and extend the power…or value…in anyone else the Fernet swig wouldn’t be enough…but because I feared my inactivity…which lead to the end all option of a flood…I jumped to any optionn…like pulling things from a hat. I don’t like to divinate objects…I prefer having things around me that can be disposed of properly…oh I could use this for that. There is about 30 hammers laying around here…an associate of mine came up with a hanker chief emergency kit for divination. Dropping the items and reading them according ingle to a myriad of IDs and definitions. IGood to have actually. I like the idea of breaking away from form. Re inventing. Re applying. Re doIng. Abandoning and rebuilding. I am almost always failing/learning …

…the storms can be stopped.

Frater, have you read anything by Josephine McCarthy? Her most accessible, The Exorcist’s Handbook. Type her name in a search and look through her Web article/journal…I believe she is working on new systems. I apologize for not linking to her…but I’m using a pay phone to send this message!

1 Like

My opinion is that the things that work best are the things you create on your own rather than taking from somebody else (the outside). Also if you have found something dont give it out to anybody as then it wont work as good anymore. You can make it grow in power and as soon as you tell somebody else about it and they think about it they unintentionally charge it because they dont imagine it to be as strong as you do.

I do this - and it works in a shitload of different stuff (all described further down that thread) because those are words that make me feel juiced and ready to kick some butt.

I change it almost weekly, sometimes drop it to try something new, or just do bits, it’s all good.

Here’s the basic version, edit as needed/as mood dictates:

First:

In the Temple of My Mind
In the Silence of My Soul
I am ready to do the workings of My desire

I cleanse this Place –
Its boundaries made Perfect
And come I now to the Place of the Mystery,
Where all Form and all Power is Mine.

Second, STOICHEIA EXERCISE (From Stephen Flowers’ book Hermetic Magic):

Next:

Invocation Of Inner Divine

Power of Planets have I
Power of Voice have I
Power of Time have I
Power of Space, its crossings and traverses have I
Power of all things Damned have I
Power of all things Saved have I
Power of all things yet to Fall, yet to be Ascended, and still to become on this World have I

By this know My Holy Name, (your magickal name – if you don’t speak it aloud, say “which is Unspoken”)
By this know My Holy Power, taken by Right of Birth
By this know My Holy Glance, which brings to you wrath or balm
By this know My Holy Will, which you must obey

For I am He, the Bornless Spirit; strong, and of Immortal Fire
I am He, the Truth, that lighteneth and thundereth
I am the Power behind all powers, the Form behind all forms
I am the greatest of things, the least of things, that which licks your spittle and rejoices in your libations
I am Man made perfect, whom no man has seen at any time

Now do I choose This form: (your magickal or birth name)
Now do I choose this Time, and this Nation
For I am the One who is sent forth from the Power
I am Godless, and I am the One whose Godhood is Great

Hear Me, thou who art subject to Me, and know that every spell and scourge of the Vast One is available to Me
By the Power of My Will, I do command all life, all elements, and all the things that are

For Mine is the Power
Mine is the Glory
Mine is the All That Is.

CLOSE

~~

This works for me so if you take one thing from this, it’s that patching some random stuff you like together to make something personal to you is worth doing, and don’t carve it into stone or make it become a condition upon which that day’s power rests - some days I just dispense with it altogether because there’s work waiting when I wake up and anyway my dog thinks it means breakfast’s due, and that’s not always convenient! lol!!

By the way, my short version to open any evocation etc., (again subject to ongoing change) is this:

Come I now to the Place of the Mystery,
Where all Form and all Power is Mine.

Just my stuff but it seems to be useful, so, go ahead and lookup some poems or lyrics or cherry pick anything YOU damned well want to, to call in your existing godhood and make the world pay attention. :wink:

(Edit for broken image link on the Stoicheia exercise)

4 Likes

I will link to Sawbenaw and Epsilon. Thanks- Still looking for more- but you rattled some synapses out of their rut and helped me see some of the root of my problem(s).
i spent from my earliest childhood, like from '67; kinda apeing being a vulcan, lets say from a base to work from, with a simply unstoppable Klingon Magma chamber like Yellowstones underneath, and assembling my complex "himilayas on top throughout the years. As a result i have become probably way tooo still hard to tell if it is moving deep current. in the event of all hell breaking loose around me and everybodys hair catching fire - mine never did/does- [being bald from alopecia since age 8 helped };)> ] BUT; the one thing I am not sure anyone likes about me is when I decide it is time to be the Klingon on steroids drunk on battle
I have even had seasoned vets tell me that “way way beyond over kill” and i have scared the hell outta people. i have always called it “Godzilla came outta the closet- as Godzilla really is a totem god for me, and I discuss with him often through the plastic one on my dashboard. but even then- still people have noticed the “Deep unflappable stillness” prevailing over - and through it all.
I think, maybe, I need to “shatter that stillness”. When in my rituals in my work, there is a ‘cold concrete calmness’- it is just natural, perhaps I need to somehow place charges under the concrete and “Work IN the Blast”. Through Zilla into the Deep calm still current to thrash and flip out and “work in the waves and spray”. perhaps some small “biting Tiamat’s tail” and then entering my 'regular work when the differant “Energy” is higher.
I remember the first time i ever used a pendulum. A device previously i had no trust in at all. i had just come home from a hell of a day where i had been dealing with my youngest daughter joining her other 2 sisters as 'rape and abuse victims and keeping it to herself “in order that dad would not do what dad would most likely do”- Zilla was in new hieghts that night, and even though i had no intentions to do any ritual of anything, just brood scheme and fanitisize the slow homicide of people on my 'waiting list”. but I was driven, I knew it was Belial calling and he wasn’t taking no for an answer. When i finally -in a surprisingly controlled calm state, got the pendulum hanging- or shoulda been hanging, it literally would swing and stall in the horizontal position for a bit before swinging the other way and doing the same. I kept taking my other hand and stilling it, and making sure i was still as death; but, there was definetly other ‘currents’ at work. After finally getting it to obey and began with questions, i wasn’t even through asking when it was completely ‘answering’ loudly as it were. i left that session with an entirely differant opinion of pendulums; Belials actually paying attn to me; but I guess not seeing the link between this enormous 100 lbs ball of ‘tesla coil ball lightning’ roiling in my solar plexus and the pendulum event.
now when I work my pendulum, i get answers no problem, but the swinging is so much differant. Sometimes so weak i have a difficult time judging it as me with micro-movements- or disinterest of the Entity I am working with in the question.
So, somehow- I gotta- do some things, achieve some 'working states; which is one of the goals of my current Pact working with Belial; of which this ‘light going on’ is showing him and his familiars are busy on their part- I gotta be busy on mine. In a silly hope for, i kinda wanted to achieve and be where EA is after 20 years in 2 months, of course I won’t get that, but if we could kick out some more miles of progress than what normal just mozying down the path could develope- thats prefectly ok with me…

Sorry for the long windedness- kinda just thinking through my fingers, and if it helps any others of your wizer more Adepts than me build more and better on the issue- then its all good. Look foreward to all you have to say and share! Thanks

[quote=“Lady Eva, post:4, topic:5350”]Come I now to the Place of the Mystery,
Where all Form and all Power is Mine.[/quote]

That’s kinda interesting. Since I started working with Belial’s sigil, after lighting the incense and candle, I picture white light entering thru the top of my head and say:

I am God
I am my own God
And I create that which I desire in my reality.

Can’t say it juices me up per se, more an affirmation?

I also like the "Mine is the Power, mine is the Glory…"
Which is the opposite of the Lords prayer "Thine is the blah blah"
one is the speech of Slaves hopelessly kissing ass to the indifferent Master;
The other is the Speech of A Co-Equal and Co-Existant Deity announcing their arrival and willingness to invite other Deities to Work alongside or bail, but don’t be disrespectful. This is exactly what I am working for. Sure took me along time to throw away my “Yoke” and chains which i always resented and Assume by Long Suffering and Awaiting Birthright. but at least in all the years of my continued struggling- and Ascending only so far as to eventually ricochet off the Brazen Ceiling ; I can say I did not in haste go off on a lark- but proved to all-- slave gods only allow their even favored subject only so much chain before the choke chain kicks in.
So glad I asked. !

[quote=“chef1964, post:6, topic:5350”][quote=“Lady Eva, post:4, topic:5350”]Come I now to the Place of the Mystery,
Where all Form and all Power is Mine.[/quote]

That’s kinda interesting. Since I started working with Belial’s sigil, after lighting the incense and candle, I picture white light entering thru the top of my head and say:

I am God
I am my own God
And I create that which I desire in my reality.

Can’t say it juices me up per se, more an affirmation?[/quote]

I agree with Lady Eva, lbrp is not the only way. But may i ask, which version of lbrp do you know, the version EA teaches is kinda bare bones and could be harder to make work in the beginning. You should check out the Golden dawns version of lbrp. Lbrp is very kabbalistic and hermetic in nature, and to really understand it you should have a decent understanding of those two. Also know that it takes time to really learn the lbrp, i say maybe months of daily practice to really get it going. And after 10 years you will still find new levels of it.

In the kabbalistic cross you align yourself with your higher self and establish yourself as the god of creation in the center of the universe. Then as god you traces and charge the pentagrams, calls the angels and states the intention. This prepares and establish a clean working area for further workings. The key for me to make this work is to visualize clearly with all my senses, and when i charge the pentagrams i feel them vibrate in my hands during the sign of the enterer.
But as a closing remark as i understand it, lbrp work best when working with “good” (for lack of a better word) entities, but i can be wrong.

For me the kabbalistic cross in itself is a great for a boost when feeling a bit low on energy

[Edit] About the lords prayer is speech for slaves, i think you can see it this way. The kabbalistic cross contain the lords prayer atah, malkuth, ve-gevura, ve-gedula leolam amen. But it’s not really directed to some strange god, but to yourself, your divine self which you bring down into you and become a god.

I just did my first proper invocation. I opened with the ritual described here, Lesser Banishing Ritual Of The Inverted Pentagram: [url=http://www.occultforum.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=21213]http://www.occultforum.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=21213[/url] I would have felt silly using names of a Judeo god and archangels, given the nature of the working that followed.

I don’t really understand the point of the LBRP. I watched the video on youtube about it but I kept losing attention because all I could focus on was, wow that’s such a lengthy little ritual to do before evocation, is this really necessary?

It just looked too elaborate. So what’s the real point of doing the LBRP. I can’t even watch the vid about it without my attention trailing off because it’s so lengthy, so I doubt I could hold my attention on the LBRP before doing evocation or ritual. It just seems like too much pre-work, time that I could spend instead meditating and preparing for the task at hand itself. I have never done it before, never even heard of it until recently and nothing negative has ever happened. So is it really necessary and why do you think so?

It isn’t necessary if you have something else you do to create your working space, and create the sense of Godhood. I know when you watch vids demonstrating it, or read text explaining it, it looks lengthy. It really isn’t, though, in the actual performance. After memorizing and practicing it a few times, it’s really fairly brief. If you object to the Abrahamic God names and Archangels, you can substitute those of your liking with the same correspondences.

1 Like

The lbrp is to clear out any negative astral junk, something else follows it, I forgot what, to clear out the positive junk, that leaves you with a blank slate to start your work. I personally do the lbrp and some stuff from book of Abraxas to clear up the area before ritual, followed by the bornless ritual and meditation.

to RavensAscent:
If you think lbrp is lengthy you are in for a world of surprise later on, lbrp is about a 2 minute ritual, some rituals i know takes 1-2 hours!
You can think lbrp as a kind of moving meditation, and you should know it to a level that you don’t have-to think what comes next.
And if you doubt you are able to hold your attention that long you, should really do more concentration exercises. A good magician should be able to master his/her thoughts to concentrate on one thing at a time, and nothing else.

So try to do lbrp and only focus on each step in the ritual, the past don’t exist neither those the future, only the present where you are drawing pentagrams… etc.

[Edit] You ask what’s the real point of lbrp. Well i think it’s better that you find that answer for yourself. The point is so grand that it would be pointless to communicate it with words. Do the lbrp, then meditate on the ritual, try to penetrate what each part means. What does the ritual do, does it work in macro or micro cosmos or both, what does it do to the elements. Is it about all the elements or just one, why the pentagram and not a hexagram.

Read what Aleister Crowley wrote about the lbrp, and Regardie.

Meditate everyday on this, look behind every rock and the answer will find you.

forget what it’s called but I do ritual similar to the lbrp only with Azazel Belial Amamyon Abadon spelling, that and invoking omnipotence. Haven’t evoked in a bit have to check notes, is everyone doing lbrp before evocation?

I knew someone would try to state that if I couldn’t hold my attention to the LBRP that I probably can’t pay attention to anything else. I have done some of those rituals where I was sitting at my altar and in my working space for 2-3 hours, so I can hold my attention just fine if working with something I am interested in. I have selective ADHD, if I am interested in something, I can hold my attention to it for hours on end, something that seems boring, I cannot focus on it. The LBRP video was just not one of those things that held my attention, especially the part about calling upon abrahamic gods that I don’t even believe in. I know you can substitute for others, but I have never done the LBRP or anything like it before and so far, nothing bad has happened as a result of not doing it, no magick ghas backfired, no energy from previous entities have clashed and mixed in a negative way.

I honestly just prefer to allow the energy to keep building in my space as I find it produces more powerful results, more quickly each time I do another working. The only time I banish the energies is if I do something baneful, so the negative energy I create does not linger around and interfere with my magick negatively in the future. So that’s why I asked why others are doing the LBRP because I honestly don’t think it’s necessary to perform every time I work within my space, and wanted to know why others did this. I only recently learned of the LBRP so I have been doing magick for years without it, so I just don’t see the urgent need to suddenly include it when all has been fine all of these years without it.

To RavensAscent
I did not mean that you can’t focus on any one thing, but you said that lbrp is a long ritual, and it sounded like you said that you had trouble keeping focus during the ritual, but i could be mistaken.
The reason i encouraged you to contemplate on the lbrp, is so that you might start to get a deeper understanding of the great mystery.
Lbrp as golden dawn taught it, is high magick and the more you understand and work with it the closer to the completion of the great work you will be.

I’m sure you have done lot’s of successful rituals during the years, but know that lbrp is not just a tool to clear the astral clutter, it’s so, so much grander.
All boils down to what is your goal with magick, if you only want material gain lbrp is not so good. But if you want to Master the material and move on to greater planes, unto godhood lbrp is your friend.
Do yourself a favor and read what deer old uncle aleister said about the lbrp, he knows allot more than me.

[Edit] About your selective ADHD i’m sorry that must have been rough in school. Anyway as an magician this should be something to overcome. If you only can focus on things you find interesting, then you should learn to shift your consciousness to a level where you can become interested in anything you encounter.
Easier said than done, but it is something you can master if you give it time and combine magick and daily discipline.

To close i realize that we are off-topic, so either someone creates a lbrp thread to discuss this in or i’m afraid i can’t continue. But read on it, practice it, contemplate it.

[quote=“Frater Dark Matter, post:1, topic:5350”]I understand the reasons for doing LBRP and other types of things- i have done them, and really, they just do not help; hate to say it, but when i get done I have a serious “AAhh fuk this shit !” No matter how much I listen to all the “Hey, I am a super mage here is why you gotta or else” crap-
If I feel the need to send the boogy man packing or need to clean out residues etc {which I can and will do when needed} I can do that. but
what is there as a Pre Ritual POWER UP THE ROCKETS! Not only for my Sanctum, but for me. Right now I listen to about 1/2 of Binaural isochronic and solfeggio, but still looking for something which will say take my 3 X repitition Zazas… excercize from “Opening the Doors” to “Blowing them the fuk of the hinges” and making a current like the congo of irresistable desire for communion for those i am calling for.
maybe what I am asking for is a suicide run for someone somewhat padwan Learner and novice as me- but I understand EA’s mindset with things and, well, as a kid- and most of my life I was always the first person to jump off the roof. in the army I wasn’t happy unless I was point.
Anyone got anything- or am I being an idiot? because if i am- does anyone got anything?
Thankx[/quote]

Before the LBRP started working for me i used my earlier Qigong meditation classes, went onto YouTube and found Qigong inner smile guided meditation, worked a treat, its all about energy flow and light shinning through your body, sound familiar.

I’ve been working through Works of Darkness, and have found that just placing my hands on my altar initiates a sort of slow absorption of Dark energy, like I’m an empty gas tank getting filled. The more I use the altar, the more powerful it seems to get in this regard.

So far, that, done after relaxing deeply, seems to be all the attunement and pre-ritual work I need.

Or just stepping into your area that’s completely dedicated as a temple, feeling the power that’s seeped into the spaces and surfaces with each working, verbally acknowledging it. It will become tangible.

I hadn’t noticed that with the space I use as my Temple, especially in comparison with the very tangible sensation I get from the altar, but I just assumed that it was because I also use it for a whole series of mundane activities (that’s just the reality of my current living arrangements). However, I’ve never tried verbally acknowledging the Temple that I created - I’ll try that and see if it makes a difference!